What The Hell is the Deal Applying for Staff??

I52SI

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
159 26
I've applied for staff multiple times before, all prior applications have been for Minevast, and not Manacube. I love this server like crazy, I've played since mid 2015, and I've spent over a HUNDRED dollars on this server (I don't make much money either). I'm 13 as of right now, 14 in 2 months today, and I decided,
"oh well, I play a ton, I love to help, I'm gonna apply for staff, people who are 13 have gotten accepted, even when the age limit was 15.."
So I apply for staff, the questions are different, I answer them all quickly, accurately, just as the few prior times, minus a few mistakes (even after I go back and fix the auto"corrections" they still pop up... :mad: )
So I submit it, just like before, and I am flooded by people or "players" that I've never seen online, never seen on the forums, never knew they existed, and I play on different Manacube servers. They also all joined within 2017. They are all judging me on how I'm not 14 yet, and I didn't use 750+. Previously it stated that there was a 750 word minimum (back on Minevast) years ago, right at the beginning so everyone who applied can see it. It wasn't there, so I figured that it must not still be in effect, other things have also changed, why not that as well?
After I applied, it was a good application, I said everything I needed to say in probably around 600-700 words and I thought it was good, I didn't lie, didn't exaggerate, gave all the information ANYONE would need to know about why I was applying and why I'd be a good fit.
The next day I was flooded with these kids saying how I was underage, and how I didn't use 750+. It was never brought to my attention that there was a 750+ word "minimum", and these morons couldn't tell if I were 12, 14, or 26 if I hadn't said so.... These guys are new to the server, and I don't want them judging my damn applications. They also "voted" giving me -1s, even though they are NEW compared to me, and any staff in the position to judge my application. I pray that NO staff go off of this while they are grading.
Overall I think that this is a retarded system, and I'm really upset as I want to be staff and these noobs who spend their time criticizing God damn applications should have no access to what I say, let alone should be able to vote on it. This is disgusting and I'm appalled at the fact that my staff chances (I've always dreamed of being staff) have possibly been derailed by some dumb cyber-critics...

ABennn

Ratings
106 6
Overall I think that this is a retarded system, and I'm really upset as I want to be staff and these noobs who spend their time criticizing God damn applications should have no access to what I say, let alone should be able to vote on it. This is disgusting and I'm appalled at the fact that my staff chances (I've always dreamed of being staff) have possibly been derailed by some dumb cyber-critics..
Our votes don't really effect your application I'm pretty sure, if someone has an amazing application and everyone votes -1 does not mean they won't get accepted, (depending on the reasons for the -1s) don't get your hopes down though! You can apply again soon, good luck! :3

Emmalouise

Forum Expert
MVP+
IEmmaLouiseI
IEmmaLouiseI
MVP+
Ratings
264 14
Hey,
I'd just like to point out that players are allowed to give their opinions. Their ratings don't decide whether you get staff or not, they just give staff some extra points of view to consider. The 'morons' know your age as it is on your staff application as you said, but they could guess it by the way you're taking the feedback. It doesn't matter if they've been here a day or a year, the 'noobs' can still give their opinion on your application. Sorry if that offends you so much.

The 750+ word limit is in place to show dedication. If you feel you're good enough by 600 - 700 and haven't found the application requirements to fill yourself in on what actually needs to be included, then please don't complain about other new players pointing out where you've gone wrong. They've just clearly done their research before commenting. The requirements are here incase you struggle to find them: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/new-application-info-requirements-need-to-know.10605/ and it also states you must be 14 years old. I'm not sure who you are thinking of when you say many have been accepted and not met the age limit. I can only recall one which is Dacons brother. Other than that, all staff who were ever below our age limit were accepted prior to the limit changing.

I'd also just like to say, making a thread complaining about the players you were hoping to staff for doesn't show maturity or much tolerance. Being mature includes listening to others opinions and not being rude to them about it. As a staff member, you'd be expected to deal with players and sometimes they will annoy you, you cannot just take the comment bitterly and write a post about it. I'm afraid that it isn't just your friends who play Manacube, so just asking for their opinions and ignoring everybody else doesn't really help you get staff.

And finally, just because you spent a lot of money on the server, doesn't make you any better than someone who hasn't and is applying for staff. So mentioning it is irrelevant.

Johniee

Dedicated Member
Ratings
171 5
Hello, [B][COLOR=#00b359]I52SI[/COLOR][/B]

Looking over this thread. I do see your upset but also I see parts of you which you should not really show. Especially if you thought about applying for the staff team. You should know (hopefully) that what you are showing is something us as staff should not show. Besides that, the thread itself is not really suitable if you get where I am going from.

The requirements that you need to obtain are quite straight forward. Sure you may hit the boxes for the requirements but here is the deal you should know it is not about just the requirements. It is you as a person that is an important factor. How you cope and deal with issues and let's just take a step back for just 1 moment. Look at this thread and I am being honest and truthful here but how does this look? It does not help you with getting accepted for the role.

Now related back to people who are new and respond to your application. Now you state that new people give you -1's some sure do troll with it but when people do state a reason and it is quite valid to why they give you a -1 it does not always have to come back to if they know you in-game. There are many different factors to be given -1 or +1. Let's put it this way for a moment lets say a new member 100% new to Manacube Forums and Server replied on your application and +1 you. Do you think you would complain? No, because they +1 you but if they are new and -1 you then you complain. That does not aim directly at you by the way it actually happens a lot.

I am not here to start an argument I am here to help show you the side of many different perspectives not just us as staff, not just the new people who join, not just the people who know you in-game and real life. I mean all of them.

I52SI

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
159 26
I'm really not trying to offend anyone, but it doesn't make sense to me that the only criteria that people are voting on is the fact I didn't use enough words and the fact that I'm not 14. It just doesn't make sense to me, sorry for all of the chaos...

Emmalouise

Forum Expert
MVP+
IEmmaLouiseI
IEmmaLouiseI
MVP+
Ratings
264 14
I'm really not trying to offend anyone, but it doesn't make sense to me that the only criteria that people are voting on is the fact I didn't use enough words and the fact that I'm not 14. It just doesn't make sense to me, sorry for all of the chaos...
They're only making a fuss because that is the criteria. That is the foundation of the application.

Zero

Donator
Ratings
We are not judging you, we are just giving you advice and naming the requirement you don't meet so you can fix them. Also, Dacon stated: "Requirements may vary for each applicant. This means that some of these requirements may not apply whatsoever to you if you can prove that you are sufficiently capable in other areas."
I know you can't change that you are 13, but you can make up for that by being strong in the other parts of the requirements, as well as being mature enough.

Last edited:

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2
When making an application. Understand it is the criteria. However, staff would like to see players that are willing to go above and beyond. Depending on how you interpret it. It could mean with adding more detail into your application, having more posts than 10, or being as active as possible in game and on forums. Staff don't apply for staff for a title, and dignity. They apply to make a difference on the server and to improve everyone's experience on the server. Something from as simple as greeting new placers and welcoming back older players. All the way to reporting a hacker. We, as a community. Give feedback on player's applications and the player as a whole in order to tell other their point of view on said thing. Everyone has an opinion, and everyone should express it.

That's my two cents. :p

Ryanminty123

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
110 3
As the most recently accepted helper I feel like also commenting on this may help.

These requirements are put in place in order to safeguard firstly that players and secondly the integrity of the staff team. If there were no requirements for joining the staff team or if we ignored the fact that people did not meet these requirements I can guarantee you that the staff team would be in shambles.

These requirements are put in place to safeguard the integrity of the staff team as people who have showed that they are mature and are dedicated to the server. This is what the 750 word requirement represents, it represents your willingness to want to be a part of the staff team and if you are unable to fill this requirement then surely your dedication would be brought into question because you're not willing to fill out an application that all other staff members have completed to the fullest requirements.

To illustrate your second point about age, age is a very important factor, this shows, firstly what's going on in your life, people under the age of 14 generally don't have as much experience with dealing with people as a person who for example is 15, because remember, staff don't just expect you to meet the requirements, they expect you to exceed them to show your dedication.

These people aren't telling you that you will never be staff, they're just pointing out that you do not meet the requirements for it.

I hope this helped in some way. -Ryan

noodlemonkey01

VIP
ImALiarTrustMe
ImALiarTrustMe
VIP
Ratings
154 8
Hey 52S, I've seen you and on a few occasions spoken to you in-game before. I hope this doesn't affect the way you view me as I'm only giving my opinion, I do not mean to come across as rude or impolite.

I'm 13 as of right now, 14 in 2 months today, and I decided, "oh well, I play a ton, I love to help, I'm gonna apply for staff, people who are 13 have gotten accepted, even when the age limit was 15.
I'm not sure if people who are not 15 get accepted or not but I'm sure it could happen on rare instances. When a player shows and especially exceeds the criteria greatly I wouldn't hesitate to bend the rules either. This doesn't mean just their application is amazing, so is their conduct, dedication, honesty and integrity and much more character traits a staff member should possess. Now, put in simple terms, clearly many people do not agree you have or even exceed some of the traits that should come default to a staff member with is why rules will not be bent for you being thirteen. Personally, I don't think this rant helped either.

So I submit it, just like before, and I am flooded by people or "players" that I've never seen online, never seen on the forums, never knew they existed, and I play on different Manacube servers. They also all joined within 2017. They are all judging me on how I'm not 14 yet, and I didn't use 750+.
Clearly you didn't read Dyn's forum posts about the community posting. (http://forums.manacube.com/threads/new-application-info-requirements-need-to-know.10605/) This is a great way to get feedback from community. If the said player giving feedback is replying no other way than giving constructive criticism and rating your application like they're supposed to then there isn't a problem. I haven't ever seen a problem, either, especially not on your staff application. There's nothing wrong with people saying you don't meet the criteria, what on earth is there to complain about? They're judging you on what they're supposed to, nothing more, nothing less.

Previously it stated that there was a 750 word minimum (back on Minevast) years ago, right at the beginning so everyone who applied can see it. It wasn't there, so I figured that it must not still be in effect, other things have also changed, why not that as well?
When you go to the apply page it says "IMPORTANT" in bold at the very top of the page. How could anyone miss this?
The next day I was flooded with these kids saying how I was underage, and how I didn't use 750+. It was never brought to my attention that there was a 750+ word "minimum",
Refer to above.

upload_2017-7-28_7-31-37.png

The rest of your rant is protesting against the community judging system. Refer to Emma's post and what I said earlier.
If you think anybody is breaking the rules by posting on your application something rude or disrespectful, you should never hesitate to report them.

"That is a respectful reply that will help the management team make their decision. If we see flame wars or disrespectful comments on applications they will be deleted, you will receive a warning point and may also have your rights to post on future applications revoked.

This system will only work if everyone plays along to these rules, we're giving every one of you a giant responsibility so please use it wisely."

Wise words from Dyn himself.

As I've said in the beginning, I'm sorry if this comes off as impolite to you. I'm giving my opinion and I'm only trying to help you see what went wrong. Thanks.

-Chloe

Attachments

Last edited:

I52SI

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
159 26
@GgGotGame the neither the 750+ word minimun NOR the age of 14 requirements showed up for me, I already had known about the age requirement of 14 and that is why I stated it. I KNOW that it didn't show up for me, as I would have complied. Or maybe I just missed over it somehow, even though I checked to see if there was anything. Thank you for letting me know that it does typically show up, as the whole system makes MUCH more sense now...

Raceh

Forum Expert
Ratings
154 7
@GgGotGame the neither the 750+ word minimun NOR the age of 14 requirements showed up for me, I already had known about the age requirement of 14 and that is why I stated it. I KNOW that it didn't show up for me, as I would have complied. Or maybe I just missed over it somehow, even though I checked to see if there was anything. Thank you for letting me know that it does typically show up, as the whole system makes MUCH more sense now...
Click the spoilers, they should reveal the requirements.

TeamTyler

Dedicated Member
Ratings
92 3
Does it really matter how many words are used? As long as the application is good then it's fine. I mean, the thing says you need 750+ words, I think it'd be better to have quality over quantity. Someone could have 20k words on their app, but it's all bullshit that doesn't make sense or contribute, but we'll have someone with like 600 words or something and their app is just iconic.

I feel that the word requirement is kind of attacking people who can make quality without a major amount of words.

noodlemonkey01

VIP
ImALiarTrustMe
ImALiarTrustMe
VIP
Ratings
154 8
Glad to help and see it makes more sense to you. Like Rappinq said, make sure you didn't skip over the spoilers. I can see how it's a bit easy to not click on them although it hasn't happened to me.

ABennn

Ratings
106 6
Does it really matter how many words are used? As long as the application is good then it's fine. I mean, the thing says you need 750+ words, I think it'd be better to have quality over quantity. Someone could have 20k words on their app, but it's all bullshit that doesn't make sense or contribute, but we'll have someone with like 600 words or something and their app is just iconic.

I feel that the word requirement is kind of attacking people who can make quality without a major amount of words.
Most of the time, more words put into an application mean more detail.