Rejected Map submission

Status
Not open for further replies.
-- Post nice screenshots of the course, don't use shaders.
2017-11-29_02.04.51.png

2017-11-29_02.04.59.png
2017-11-29_02.05.23.png

-- Tell us what difficulty you think the course is, (we will test it to double check)
I think the difficulty of the map would be medium
-- Information about who built the course.
I built the course by myself over a span of 2 hours
-- A download link, or the username of the plot it was built on (Map Maker World//Preferred)
D4rsh is the username the plot was built with

NOTE- All the white stained glass is to be replaced my barrier blocks

Ratings
Looks like a really cool idea, the main problem I had when I was trying it out was how hard it was to find where to go. I think some signs to guide you along might be a good idea.

Last edited:

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Review c:
The theme :
Not the most original, because there is already a "Volcano" theme (BabyVolcano), but given that there is just one parkour with this theme, it's enough to be an original theme

The build :
Looks good, quite simplistic, just decorate a bit the 3 first block because they don't looks really good and didn't concord with the rest of the build. Also the parkour outside the volcano need to be a bit decorated to concord with the volcano

The jumps :
I think it's a easy parkour because of the length (around 30 jumps) but the 3 jumps before the last checkpoint are really hard, so try to balance a bit the difficulty.
There is some variation of jump, but next time, try to add some slime/Ice/Fence...
The last part is pretty interesting, I like the idea of "You choose your way to finish the level". There is the same thing at the start, but I don't really like this one because you don't need to do some parkour to continue the parkour.

Miscellanous :
You can skip the inside of the volcano here :
You need to put a wool of the color of the difficulty and a stone pressure plate on it to finish a parkour (You put a gold preesure plate at the end)
Checkpoint sign need to have write on it "Checkpoint" on the first line, not more c:

My opinion :
Interesting parkour, can be accepted if you rebalance a bit the difficulty (And also replace white stained glass with barrier)

Don't forget that i'm not a map judger, so their opinion can be different ! c:

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Hello D4rsh,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

The theme you chose isn't the most original, but that's fine. The build is overall not too appealing and I'd suggest you focus more on the build first in the future. After you have build your main build, which represents the original theme, you can build your jumps on top of it and connect the jumps and build, to make it one big thing. I'd rather see that than floating blocks around some build which isn't too nice. You do have some variety in your jumps, which means you have quite some decent knowledge about parkour jumps in general. Next time, make sure to have a ton of variety included still, while finding the balance between the difficulty of the jumps and its length.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)
Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Submission format: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
List of current maps/themes: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/#post-73063
Map difficulty guide: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/map-difficulty-guide.16797/

Status
Not open for further replies.