Rejected Parkour Map - Eiffel Tower (Creative Plot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slohth

VIP
Slohth
Slohth
VIP
Ratings
46 1
Hey
I decided to build a random map, but some people said I should submit it, so here I am.

Username - iHells
Photos:

Plot: My plot. /plot home iHells
Difficulty: Expert
Number of Jumps: 139

I am open to contructive criticism and suggestions.
Please don't be to harsh as this is my first map, and I am not the greatest builder.

- Brad

Last edited:

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Review :
The theme :
Original theme, there is not a lot of "Monument" theme and there is any "Eiffel Tower" parkour.
But, given that i'm French, your build don't looks like the Eiffel Tower, so try to do some test of your build before building it.

The build :
Don't really looks pretty, as I said above, your parkour don't looks like the Eiffel Tower.
Also, I don't really understand why you use colored wools to do your parkour.

The jumps :

There is some variation of jumps, but maybe too many ladder and normal jumps compared to the other type of block (like ice or fence)
Also, the parkour is pretty repetitive in some part, the 2 "fence" part are really similar (mostly because there is 2 "circle fence stairs")
There is also a lot of confusing part, like at the start.
And to finish this part, yes it's an Expert parkour but :
-133 jumps concord with an Insane parkour, not an Expert one, so try to offset a bit the difficulty with the amount of jumps.
-The difficulty is clearly different in each part, there is some really easy part (maybe Medium difficulty in some part) and other are really hard. So try to balance a bit the difficulty through the map

Miscellaneous :
THERE IS TOO MANY INVISIBLE BLOCK ! And most of them are next to the player, so remove some of theme ! (See the screenshots)

My opinion :

Not gonna be accepted, your parkour is really Strange, the theme is really original but the build don't look like the Eiffel Tower.
Also, the jumps really need to be reworked and please, remove some invisible block or put some sign on it !
Last thing, before submitting your map, please try to finish it entirely because we found a lot of impossible part c:

Also, I'm not a map judger (Txilsy and Shron are), so their opinions can be differents !

Last edited:

Slohth

VIP
Slohth
Slohth
VIP
Ratings
46 1
Review :
The theme :
Original theme, there is not a lot of "Monument" theme and there is any "Eiffel Tower" parkour.
But, given that i'm French, your build don't looks like the Eiffel Tower, so try to do some test of your build before building it.

The build :
Don't really looks pretty, as I said above, your parkour don't looks like the Eiffel Tower.
Also, I don't really understand why you use colored wools to do your parkour,

The jumps :

There is some variation of jumps, but maybe too many ladder and normal jumps compared to the other type of block (like ice or fence)
Also, the parkour is pretty repetitive in some part, the 2 "fence" part are really similar (mostly because there is 2 "circle fence stairs"
There is also a lot of confusing part, like at the start.
And to finish this part, yes it's an Expert parkour but :
-133 jumps concord with an Insane parkour, not an Expert one, so try to offset a bit the difficulty with the amount of jumps.
-The difficulty is clearly different in each part, there is some really easy part (maybe Medium difficulty in some part) and other are really hard. So try to balance a bit the difficulty through the map

Miscellaneous :
THERE IS TOO MANY INVISIBLE BLOCK ! And most of them are next to the player, so remove some of theme ! (See the screenshots)

My opinion :

Not gonna be accepted, your parkour is really Strange, the theme is really original but the build don't look like the Eiffel Tower.
Also, the jumps really need to be reworked and please, remove some invisible block or put some sign on it !
Last thing, before submitting your map, please try to finish it entirely because we found a lot of impossible part c:

Also, I'm not a map judger (Txilsy and Shron are), so their opinions can be differents !
Thanks for the feedback. I did say I wasn't the best builder :p

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
I agree with shinxray, but I think you’re on to something with the “monument” theme. Maybe try to block by block a google image of a famous structure and add some varied parkour, you might get a map accepted one of these days.

Good luck
-Wizful

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Hey Brad,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

I am happy to see you decided to submit a map. Remember, the more you build the more you will improve and I can assure you that you will build amazing maps in no-time. Shinxray has pointed out everything I would want to say (like he always does haha) so I will keep it short. Make sure to find balance between the amount of jumps (85 - 100 for expert), the difficulty of the jumps and incorporate these upon the build you have made. Keep on finding original themes to use as well, since these have a higher chance of getting accepted. Always feel free to ask other players for help or collaborate!

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)
Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Submission format: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
List of current maps/themes: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/#post-73063
Map difficulty guide: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/map-difficulty-guide.16797/

Status
Not open for further replies.