Appledestroyer

Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
Name: Himeji castle
Difficulty insane
Made by one person aka me
/plot h
I will be very sad if this gets rejected.
Shinxray plz reveiw ok

Attachments

Last edited:

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
I'm here ! :D

Review :
Theme
Quite good theme, there is not a lot of "Japanese" theme and it's pretty original : good point !

Build

Good, your "castle" looks good, but there is some thing who need some improvent :
-The ground, who is only a big rectangular grass ground.
-The inside, who looks a bit empty.
-The bottom of your castle who looks a bit plain.

Parkour

Awful. I explain myself :
I have not finish to try your parkour for a lot of reason :
1- Soooooo Confusing, there is no indication of where we need to go. N o t h i n g. So I was lost from the start to the end.
2- Impossible part, It's a bit linked with the first reason but, there is so many impossible part, Did you test your parkour entirely one time ? I think no D:
3- Invisible block, there is only Invi. block at the start, and they are useless and annoying
The only good point on the parkour is the variation of block who is quite good :p

Miscellaneous
The wool at the end need to be one block in the ground, to avoid glitch
Please when you put sign, try to put useful sign and not sign filled with grammatical fault.

My opinion

Not gonna be accepted for me, your parkour need a lot of improvement. Now you build some good thing, try now to improve your parkour when you build it. i recommend you to try your parkour one time before entirely and to check my guide to build a good parkour, and mostly the parkour section one :p

Appledestroyer

Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
i wasted a japan trip
[DOUBLEPOST=1515585674][/DOUBLEPOST]also tell me what jumps are imposs

Appledestroyer

Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
i wanted to clarify first that the cobblewall jump is now possible.and many changes were done as well I f a jump is not possible take a screenie

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
My opinion is roughly the same than before, you did some good improvement on the build (I think even it remains some thing) but the parkour have really some problem.
First, Why we need always to go around your castle to have the next part of your parkour ? It's soooo annoying and some times it's clearly stupid :

We need to follow the red arrow here, but why we can do this jump like the blue arrow show ? It's clearly better, and it's not the only one.
Second thing, a little one but what the point of the invisible block at the start ?
Last thing, and I have already speak about it in my review : Have you even test your map ENTIRELY when you make it ? There is some jumps who is practically impossible (or just Impossible ?) and even if it's possible, I think it's too hard for an Insane, try to play it like a normal player who need to restart from the last checkpoint when he failed. I don't really think you can do it like this.

Edit : Another thing, even with some carpet, it's a bit confusing sometimes D:

Last edited:

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Hellu,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

I have to agree with everything Shinx said before me. I also wanted to add that it isn't the best idea to copy structures from the internet. We'd prefer to have original builds and if you are not content with you building skills, you can always ask another player for help. The jumps lack a bit of variety too, it had original jumps but they kept on repeating themselves. I think you tried to make the build work to well, so the course lacked a lot. I also advice you to completely check your map, make sure everything is possible and not confusing. Above all, always keep in mind that maps in the map maker seem easier due to the fact that you are able to fly. Don't let this fool you.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)
Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Submission format: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
List of current maps/themes: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/#post-73063
Map difficulty guide: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/map-difficulty-guide.16797/

Status
Not open for further replies.