Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Review :
The theme :
Really unoriginal theme. Seriously, I think a "Minecraft" theme parkour is one of worst theme you can pick, because there is already a lot of minecraft parkour (Like Cake) and it's really easy theme to use. If you want an original theme, first, pick something you like for example; a video game (Avoid Mario, Pokemon and Minecraft theme (and maybe Zelda theme)), a picture, a movie/anime.. And second, watch my list about all parkour on the server to see if your theme is already picked.

The build :
Not really good, the cake is just a copy from the real cake of minecraft, don't do that; the oreo is the best "cake" of the three, not really good but enough; and the pumpkin pie (?) don't looks good.

The jumps :
Repetitive, mostly on the pumpkin pie : the ladder part on it is practically the same jump over and over.
The parkour is not really varied, 65% is ladder jump so diversify a bit the variation of jumps through your parkour (like 20% Normal jumps, 25% ladder, 15% fence and the last 40% for some other type of jumps (Soul sand, Ice, Slime...)
The first ladder part on the cake is a bit confusing when you need to jump on a new side of the cake, so add sign to guide the player.
The number of jump fit with the Hard difficulty (Maybe a bit too much ?) but your parkour is not really difficult so try to balance a bit the difficulty of your jumps through the parkour.

Miscellaneous :
You can skip the ladder head hitter at the start.
You can skip the slime jump on the pumpkin pie.

My opinion :
Not gonna be accepted. The 2 major negatives points of your map is the theme and the repetitiveness of your jumps. I know you are not the best in build, but try to improve the jumps of your parkour, a not really good looking parkour can be accepted if your jump are really good.

Also, don't be mad because I criticized your parkour. I just want to help you ! c:

Last edited:

Appledestroyer

Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
Thanks for the replies.Don`t worry,I am trying to make a better map.I am totally....do /plot h appledestroyer 2

Last edited:

daniel.

MVP+
vaen
vaen
MVP+
Ratings
125 3
the theme is very unoriginal, repetitive jumps, quite an unappealing course. in my opinion this course will most definitely not get accepted due to it having a lack of basically everything a map needs, i would recommend starting out a new map and use an original theme and try to make the jumps better as if you have decent jumps over a not so great build it still has a chance of getting accepted.

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Hello and belated happy birthday!

Before I start, I hope you had a wonderful birthday and will have an even better year.

Anyway, thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

The theme you chose is not quite original, nor is the build. The build does represent the theme nicely but it isn't too appealing to look at to be honest. The jumps are fine but lack variety and I'm not sure whether it fits the hard difficulty. I would suggest working on these points and fit a balance between the length and difficulty of the course/jumps.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)

Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Submission format: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
List of current maps/themes: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/#post-73063
Map difficulty guide: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/map-difficulty-guide.16797/

Status
Not open for further replies.