AustinGreves - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by AustinGreves, Nov 8, 2017.

1. AustinGreves

AustinGreves Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 3
    Your Minecraft username
    Greves

What server are you applying for

Parkour

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Austin

Location (or time zone)
    EST New Jersey

---------------------------------------------

Why do you aspire to become staff?
    I used to always want to become staff on Minevast (Now called ManaCube) and I did donate to support the server. I love investing my time into Manacube and it is amazing. I would love to become staff on Manacube now is because I feel like I have grown more mature and love helping everyone. I also would like to become staff because I when I usually come onto the server, it's at night. Though I do come on in the day, I feel like I could help a lot when most staff members are asleep in bed.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I have played on Manacube for a long time. I have played since it was called Minevast, but I do not know the exact year. One thing I do know is that It was before 2016.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    I can dedicate at least two to 9 hours per day on weekdays, and at least 3 to 12 hours a day on the weekend. I can also always find time to do school work and get the amazing grades I usually get.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    I feel I have some skills that will help the server. Some of these skills include my motivation and my knowing and loving for the server. My motivation as a staff member is very large because I have donated and also have a deep loving for this extremely amazing server. I will always listen and try to do the best job I can as a staff member on Manacube. Here I will also list some particular skills I have that will definitely help the server.

Maturity - I feel like I am a very mature person. This means that I can help players and not abuse my rank or troll them. I feel like being a mature person is a good skill for a staff member because it helps people look up to you and you could set an example for someone. You could be the role model for someone you don't even know, which would also improve your self-esteem.

Focused - I feel like I am also a focused person. This means that I can focus and gets things done faster without wasting anyone's time, or even your own time. I feel like being focused is a good skill for a staff member because you can improve your work and even help and improve others work.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    I have some experiences that have happened and could help me as staff. Sadly, I cannot put forward any moderating experiences seeming that I have never been a moderator or staff member on a server. Though, I can put forward some real-life experiences. One of them was an argument/fight between my friend and someone who was insulting her. This experience could help me as a staff member because I helped a lot. The bully was starting rumors about her, and she was too scared to tell anyone and he would tell her anymore. So, without making her scared, I told someone and everything was resolved in a good manner. She is now a more amazing person than she ever was. And also, this has improved me and motivated me even more to help others.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    1.Communicative - I am a very communicative person. I have gained this skill from mostly gaming, and also a little bit of my social life too. I feel like this would definitely help as a staff member.

2.Good listener - I am also a very good listener. This distinguishes myself from other players because I want to be able to hear the player out and be fair to me and to them equally. Same follows for staff members, even if they are a higher rank.

3.Professional - Even though I can be fun and outgoing at times, I can also be professional. This distinguishes me from other players because staff need to be professional at times, and it is very important to do just that.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    In my opinion, the role of a staff member is to improve the server and help players as a whole. It isn't just to ban hackers or meet "famous" people", it is to dedicate yourself to something you want and not that you just want to abuse.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes; I am able to use a recording software. I use fraps mostly, but sometimes you bandicam to record my desktop.

Anything else we should know?
    There is one other thing that you should know about. It is just answering a key question a lot of applicants are asked, which is will school interfere with your work of being a staff member on this server. My answer to this question is that it will not. Though I do get homework often, I can make time to do it. I am a good student, yet I also am a good person who can use their time management wisely. Another thing I should mention is that I am in eighth grade. I just wanted to say this in case anyone was asking.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 9:43 PM
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Savage

Helper

Ratings:
    +46 / 1
    Hello Austin. I appreciate you taking the time to make this. I love to see people who want to try and help out on the server. I mean, I am not staff but it makes the server better honestly. So about the application. It doesn't have much detail so I suggest adding some. The grammar is very well though in my opinion. You seem like a mature person and that helps a lot. After editing it, I would love to give a second opinion on it. If you do decide to. -1 for now. Good luck though!

3. AustinGreves

AustinGreves Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 3
    I edited it and added more detail, and some more information!

4. Emerald~

VIP

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Hey there, Austin!

I hope you're having a good day, I've read your staff application, and it's pretty good! You did say some stuff that was very original, and that's awesome you thought outside the box! Congratulations!

However, improvements can always be made, and I'm here to tell you some that will help out!

First off, you do not meet all the requirements. Before applying for staff, you must have 10 posts or replies on any thread on this forum. This may be one reason if you get rejected. The only bypass is if you have a staff member say you may disregard this requirement, and upload evidence of her/him saying that.

You do meet the requirement for word count, so thanks for paying attention to that!

I don't have a way of verifying, but please just make sure that you have at least 60 hours in-game on the server.

Now, on to the application. There are a few grammar errors, and spelling errors. Just make sure you double check your work before submitting. Read aloud your application, if needed, to catch any grammatical errors you may have made. This will show attention to detail, which is a great trait for staff.

I wish you best of luck on your application!

5. livq

livq Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    SCOREEEE !!! +1

6. Klimest

VIP

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    You basically spammed the forums looking for stuff to reply and I don't appreciate that. SO, -1. Your grammar is off point and your application seems typical.

-klime

7. AustinGreves

AustinGreves Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 3
    Im trying to reply to all of the forums in the new website, because I replied to a lot on the old forums. Also i'm trying to reply to all of the ones in the archive. Most of my grammar is great, but only some of it is bad.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Klimest

VIP

Ratings:
    +19 / 1

To be honest, what I was trying to say was that you should your application and edit the grammar. If you know your grammar is lacking, FIX IT. Own up to the fact you spammed the forums because Emerald clearly told you to get 10 more quality posts and a few hours after and in the span of 20 minutes you posted about 8 non-quality posts on the forums. This is a definite -1. YOu don't have to reply to every single post in the new website because you did in the old website. Thank you.

-Klime

QUACC QUACC
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 13, 2017 at 5:41 PM ---
    Merged.

Attached Files:

9. Craaaaaaazy

Craaaaaaazy Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I Loved It!!!!
    +1

10. Savage

Helper

Ratings:
    +46 / 1
    Hey again.
    So I see you have added some detail to the application. That's great. But the grammar portion is still lacking and I still think you could add a little more detail in the "What skills you have" part as well as the "What three attributes" part. You do explain yourself quite well and I feel like I understand what you're saying fairly well. Overall nice application, and although it could use a bit more detail, I like it.
    For now I'm going to take back my -1 and stay neutral about the application. Good luck!

11. JiggleJigglePop

VIP+

Ratings:
    +17 / 9
    I couldn't get through most of your application, but ill go with a +1 for now.
    Good luck Austin!

12. AustinGreves

AustinGreves Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 3
    So far, I have fixed all of the grammatical errors and am currently working on adding more detail! Just an update :p

13. horsebossmaster

MVP

Ratings:
    +46 / 3

(and not to be rude but ur forums pfp is kinda cringe, people((not me)) might take offense)

-horse

14. AustinGreves

AustinGreves Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 3
    Sorry to hear that, even though that picture is of me and I don't know why they would take offense to that. To me, this means you disrespect me on how I look, therefore you have rated my post unfairly and rudely! Please add a better explanation ~ Austin

15. Klimest

VIP

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    I don't think horse meant that she most likely thought there were things wrong with your application but people had already said. It may seem rude but she was just stating an opinion. Most people don't use photos like selfies as their pfp.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 16, 2017 at 7:18 PM ---
    Also, you seem pretty young, compared to other staff.

16. AustinGreves

AustinGreves Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 3
    This picture was taken in like january of 2016 or around that time. So, I grew and I also had makeup on ;P

17. Sleepydreams

Sleepydreams Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 4
    Hey! You now have over 10 quality posts, but not until after you posted this. It also seemed to be your first forum post (a thread) , although I could be wrong. -1 Good luck! And I like your pfp, I mean that