Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,745 83
UPDATE: http://forums.minevast.com/threads/kitpvp-is-staying-barebones-update-poll.6887/

Some of you may have heard of the Barebones server. This project has taken turn, and has now became our main focus for our newest gamemode. We have more features planned for it than initially.

What is Barebones?

In Barebones, there is a single kit, that is automatically equipped to your account. You will not drop this kit on death, and will instantly respawn (skip respawn screen) with it again.

Killing other players will give you coins. With these coins you can open the Armory, and buy upgraded items. These upgraded items are not OP, but will certainly give you an advantage in 1v1 combat. You cannot store items on Barebones, and you will drop items bought from the Armory on death.

When you kill someone, they will drop a Healing Apple. Running over this, will instantly apply a short 2-3 second regeneration and speed affect Good for getting back to full health faster to continue fighting. (You also do not lose hunger).

The map is designed, for a great PvP experience. Our main focus is no longer making the map aesthetically pleasing, but rather the best it can be for PvP combat. It is also much smaller.

Seasons
To keep things interesting, there will be Seasons. Seasons will last for exactly 1 month. The first season will last less than 2 weeks, since we will be releasing the server during the middle of May.

Seasons are seasonal leaderboards, tracking players with the most kills. This leaderboard will be displayed in-game, as well as a much longer version on our website. There will also be weekly leaderboards.

At the end of each Season, the top 3 killers will be rewarded with Real Life Money, In-Game Tags, Prestige, and more. At the beginning of the new season, the season kit will be changed, along with a new Wild Card item in the Armory. (Such as Flint and Steel, Lava bucket, Cob Web, etc.)

Items purchased from the Armory will also be wiped.

Cosmetics + More
To pay the bills, Donators will receive a bunch of cool cosmetics, such as
OG Death Effects
Hats (Kept on death) There are also no helmets in the game. So hats are now viable.
Titles (There will be a lot more titles to choose from. Will also show next to your name above your head and in TAB.
Boosters (Global Boosters, such as coin multipliers)

Emotes
Pets
(We will make sure pets do not interfere with your PvP experience)
If you have any suggestions, please let us know.

Release Date
I am currently preparing to release a Staff Only Beta in the next week. Depending on how things go, we will release it!

Too long didnt read: (TLDR)
Barebones is going to be great!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the new Creative updates

The Shop has finally been revamped!

I have revamped the Gem Shop with a ton of new things to buy, along with a much higher quality design.

Note: Everything you buy from the Gem Shop, will last for 48 hours. You will have to buy it again after those 48 hours.

Coming soon will be more ways to earn Gems.

Pet: You are now able to unlock pets (Except the Wither and Enderdragon) with Gems.

Disguises: Currently, you are able to buy 9 disguises with Gems. We will be making more disguises available for Gems as time goes on. There are however 25+ disguises in the Shop.

Plots: We are currently developing a system for MineVast to detect how many current plots you have, and adding 1 to that total. This will allow you to buy as many plots as you want! (This feature will be ready within 2 days of this news post)

Commands: You are now able to buy multiple commands with Gems through the shop! Some of commands are WorldEdit, /Vanish, /ptime, /back, and /plot merge.

The Tier 1 WorldEdit package now comes with a lot more commands! You can view them in-game by hovering over the icon.

New TAB and and player name addition

Your Building Grade will now be displayed next to your name, as well as in the TAB. Additionally, your total hours played will be displayed underneath your username. I am currently working on a toggle so you can disable this from your account if you'd like.

OTHER UPDATES
  • New global Chat Filter. Now blocks some swear words, sentences with 80% CAPS, and a 1 second chat delay for non-donators (To prevent spam bots).
    We are aware some people do not like this update, and are open to suggestions. We will not be changing the swear filter, so please do not suggest that.
  • Now blocking syntax commands to prevent stuff like /bukkit:me
  • Decreased /helpop cooldown to 5 seconds (Spamming it will result in a ban,)
  • Decreased /report cooldown to 30 seconds (Spamming it will result in a ban.)
  • All servers now officially support 1.9.4
  • Back end optimizations

STAFF OF THE MONTH (APRIL)
[Voted by the Staff Team]

SUNSETMAGIC

Last edited:

I52SI

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
159 26
Nice Update, GG Sunset! :)

Ambibug

Retired
ELITE
Ambibug
Ambibug
ELITE
Ratings
262 6
Congrats sashur :D

Itchin(Qhysics)

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
281 37
I think the kit fight armor is really good kit to start with but add iron leggings to it. Bow should come with limited arrows like 20-32. I don't think you should have the healing apple but rather an automatically regeneration effects from killing the person, so people don't all run towards that gapple.

Some sort of team limit system should be in place. Ex: You cannot double team a player however you may truce with people.

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,745 83
I think the kit fight armor is really good kit to start with but add iron leggings to it. Bow should come with limited arrows like 20-32. I don't think you should have the healing apple but rather an automatically regeneration effects from killing the person, so people don't all run towards that gapple.

Some sort of team limit system should be in place. Ex: You cannot double team a player however you may truce with people.
The current Kit:

The apple will only appear for you, so only you can run over it.

We don't want teaming on the server, however enforcing that rule might be difficult sometimes. Hopefully we can come up with a system to prevent it.

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
Congrats sunset!
But Dacon coming from a lot of the people that play mainly kitpvp on your server we could tell you that personally this is not a smart move. Dacon plz listen to this thread. Look at the amount of people that play kitpvp now. Now look at the amount of people That played kitpvp last season. Do you know what the difference is. The difference is Dacon is that p4 was available. And it was not available through some merchant but through enchants and hard work. Barebones PvP is like kitpvp rn but worse.

The amount of of ppl that played a lot last season was a huge number. The amount that still play since the reset is hardly any. Dacon you must realize that barebones PvP while it is a great idea will be just like kit PvP now after it has gone through its prime which will be like the first month or so.

You can't get op gear which is what people enjoyed last season and is why many people have quit this season. Plus if these seasons will only last one month at a time despite the money aspect it won't be that fun try Harding for a month without a purpose rather than money.

Personally I do think minevast needs a reset but I think it needs to be 5.0 reincarnated. This will be bring back old players and bring a lot of new players that want to play kitpvp in a good community but where there is a purpose like getting good gear. Getting op gear brings long term players in that want a reason to play which is what we have a lack of on kitpvp atm.

Dacon I really hope you take this suggestion into mind because I am not the only one feeling this way. You probably will see more replies like this in the next couple of days as people start to realize that kitpvp will be gone. Thank you Dacon but plz take this into consideration. But before I go I need to say I've been playing kitpvp on your server for 2 years now and coming from me and many others we would like to see 7.0 just like 5.0 rather than jsut barebones PvP. Barebones PvP would be a great thing to make but getting rid of kit PvP would be a bad idea. Thank you #SaveKitPvP

Last edited:

ntc

Forum Expert
ELITE
ntc
ntc
ELITE
Ratings
249 13

rLink

Ratings
13 6
I don't agree with @Texans45

Barebones KitPvP is a good idea. There won't be any players who have over-powered gear and therefore very few players will complain about getting killed by someone in better armor (if any).

Ratings
8 7
Congrats sunset! But Dacon coming from a lot of the people that play mainly kitpvp on your server we could tell you that personally this is not a smart move. Dacon plz listen to this thread. Look at the amount of people that play kitpvp now. Now look at the amount of people That played kitpvp last season. Do you know what the difference is. The difference is Dacon is that p4 was available. And it was not available through some merchant but through enchants and hard work. Barebones PvP is like kitpvp rn but worse. The amount of of ppl that played a lot last season was a huge number. The amount that still play since the reset is hardly any. Dacon you must realize that barebones PvP while it is a great idea will be just like kit PvP now after it has gone through its prime which will be like the first month or so. You can't get op gear which is what people enjoyed last season and is why many people have quit this season. Plus if these seasons will only last one month at a time despite the money aspect it won't be that fun try hardong for a month without a purpose rather than money. Personally I do think minevast needs a reset but I think it needs to be 5.0 reincarnated. This will be bring back old players and bring a lot of new players that want to play kitpvp in a good community but where there is a purpose like getting good gear. Getting op gear brings long term players in that want a reason to play which is what we have a lack of on kitpvp atm. Dacon I really hope you take this suggestion into mind because I am not the only one feeling this way. You probably will see more replies like this in the next couple of days as people start to realize that kitpvp will be gone. Thank you Dacon but plz take this into consideration. But before I go I need to say I've been playing kitpvp on your server for 2 years now and coming from me and many others we would like to see 7.0 just like 5.0 rather than jsut barebones PvP. Barebones PvP would be a great thing to make but getting rid of kit PvP would be a bad idea. Thank you #SaveKitPvP
Texans is right, screw this everyone will quit no one will play Barebones PvP. Make a 7.0, but have it like the old update, 5.0.

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
I don't get some of you guys. What is the difference between barebones and KitPvP. The only difference is that you can't store items...
Qhysics lol no are you blind there are many differences such as how you can't get op gear and how you can't team lol tf. Also this is basically like 6.0 but worse minus the fact you can't team. How is this better Qhysics?

Last edited: