Canner - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Canner, Feb 11, 2018 at 8:26 PM.

1. Canner

Canner Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Your Minecraft username
    My current ingame username is Canner. This will not be changing any time soon, I will notify all staff members if changes do take place.

What server are you applying for
    Survival

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    My first name is Michael, but many people refer to me as Mike.

Location (or timezone)
    I live in the Eastern Standard Timezone. (NEW JERSEY). I am able to provide vass ammounts of activity, providing most EU times. I am on 14 hours per day.

I am currently fourteen years old. I turned fourteen two months ago. I do have quite a deep voice for my age.

---------------------------------------------

Why do you aspire to become staff?
    I mainly aspire to become a staff member, simply because I truly love the network, and it would mean a lot to me to provide concurrent support. I would truly love to encourage positive server support. I have been playing for quite a while now, and have overall discovered a purely perfect network. It would grant me an immense honor to help add onto the already perfect support. Another reason that I inspire to become a staff member, is to simply just be able to support players on my favorite community. I already love to support others, but with more knowledge, and being able to gain help from other staff members, would massively increase my knowledge. I would be able to help on a whole other level.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I have recently found ManaCube, but have enjoyed every second of it. I started playing early this week, and have loved it non-stop. I am helping other players create houses.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    If I do, or do not get accepted, I am looking to provide 36-50 hours per week. I am very dedicated towards the network, and would love to continuously support the network.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    I feel, that I am a very kind and overall unique individual. I love providing players with support. It has always occurred to me that players have questions in-game, and when they have a question I always answer it to the best of my ability. And as people many say, not all heroes wear capes. Which is completely true. If I am not accepted, I can assure you I will continue to help players gladly. I enjoy the satisfaction of helping, and overall just making others days. I can also provide a lot of activity towards the server. I am able to play most days of the week. I usually have off from school, 9/10 times. I currently attend private school, which is not linked to the public school board of education. This means that the school could cancel school whenever needed, without approval form the BOEC. They usually call out most times in the week, and when I am home I will be dedicating my pure time towards the network.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    FaithfulMC - This server managed around 600-1000 players on average. On this network, I portrayed as a Helper. This server was definitely very stressful to be staff on, due to it's player count, but was also very enjoyable. I had quite a fun time being a staff member on there. I learned a lot of basic rules of respect and dedication. I learned that in order to truly help you must be purely dedicated. Which I believe I am. I later decided to leave the network, due to the fact I was very busy due to school-life, and mid-exams. But now with all of that cleared up, I am ready to start again

KookyKraft - This was another decently large server, this server was based around Modpacks. This server managed 100-200 players on average. On this server I portrayed the Helper role. On this network, I had to solve at least 20-30 tickets, but I had a fun time doing so. This server definitely taught me rules of respect and patience. I slowly had to learn knowledge of all of the modpacks on the network, but I did not mind. I helped all of the players to the best of my ability.

MadeGame - This was another decently large server, that managed 100-150 players on average. This was another MiniGames server, that included Survival - Factions - and Creative. I owned this network, and had a fun time doing so with my staff team. This position defintely tought me large portions of patience, as I had to manage all of the in-dept items on the network.

WitherMC - This was a factions based network, that was quite smaller than the rest, but I figured I would include. This server managed around 30-50 players on average. I portrayed the Owner rank on this server as well. Me and my friend were taking part time ownerships in the company. We started it up, but later sold the network due to IRL causes.

Camp Bow Wow - This experience is different. This is an IRL experience. This was a previous summer-job I used to take part in. I had to take care of the dogs, while also supporting them. I had to train them and take care of them. This definitly taught me large amounts of patience as well. I had to learn to be careful with the dogs, but also tought. I could not let them take advantage, but also could not scold them. This taught me to be patience and respect the well-being of others un-knowledge to some extent.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    1. My activity - Basically, I know most Helpers are not that active on the network, with or without the rank, I can assure you that I would be more active than anybody ever was. I am willing to dedicate my own personal free time towards the network, as I truly care about it's wellbeing.

2. My experience - I would say that I have quite the plethora of experience. I've worked for servers over 1000 players, and servers down to 100+ players. I have quite the experience in mostly all categories, may it be "HCF, FACTIONS, SURVIVAL, or any other Minigames related sort"

3. My dedication - I would truly say that I am very dedicated to my position. I truly care about the network, and what happens to it, and I would love to dedicate my time into it. I usually do not invest time into networks I do not believe in, but I truly believe in the ManaCube network, and am truly willing to dedicate my time into it.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    In this topic, I will be explaining inside, and outside core essentials of a staff member. The inside roles, are finding out more information about the network, find out main concerns that players may have. Simply dedicating a lot of time into the network. You must also be truly active and truly show your dedication towards the network. The outside affections that staff members must portray, are kindness and respect towards other players. They must show that they really care about the users that decide to play on there server. They must treat them like they are not a customer, but a well-rounded friend. The outside role of a staff member, must also portray patience. Nobody likes a staff member that cannot help you, simply because the question is too long, or the topic is too difficult.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes, I have a well-functioning computer that runs 1000+ fps while recording. I am able to record perfect quality videos for proof to support my bans.

Anything else we should know?
    Today, I have put together some scenarios I figured you may like. Enjoy!

YOUR FRIEND JOSEPH WAS "FALSLEY BANNED BY THE ANTI-CHEAT, YOU HAVE KNOWN JOSEPH FOR A WHILE, AND HE SAYS HE WAS HACKING, BUT HE WILL BLOCK YOU IF YOU DON'T UNBAN HIM. WHAT DO YOU DO" If this event ever occured to me, I would firstly not unban him, and secondly ask him to remove me as a friend. I do not like people who cheat on a well-rounded server, if you are cheating, in general you should not be my friend in the first place.

A LARGE YOUTUBER LOGS ON THE SERVER, IT IS YOUR FAVORITE YOUTUBER AND YOU'VE WATCHED HIM FOR YEARS, WOULD YOU SPECTTE AND WATCH HIM?" No. I understand this is an invasion of one's privacy. I would not like it if somebody was spectating me while I was trying to play.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes​

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 9:36 PM
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SearchEverything

SearchEverything New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    +1
    Looks professional.
    Looks like he knows what he's doing
    Seen him around on the server.

3. Cos

Cos
    MVP VIP+

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Hello Mike!
    Overall, this is a pretty decent application and shows a lot of potential, but, I will be giving it a +.05. This is because of a decent amount of spelling and/or grammatical errors that can be found within the application. Also, some of your sentences/explanations seem to be repetitive and run on a bit. Lastly, the lack of playtime since up above you stated that you only started earlier this week. Despite these reasons, you seem like a very nice person and I wish for you the best of luck. <3

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Canner

Canner Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Thanks! trying to grow out my playtime, I understand it can be repetitive at some times. I'll fix that.

5. Hazel

VIP+

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hey, Canner! I'm gonna say NEUTRAL, only because you don't seem to have much playtime on this server. Although I'm not sure your exact play time, you only joined earlier this week, so it might be a bit hard to have familiarity of the specific rules to this server. Furthermore, while it is a good thing to be professional, another thing most applications need is personality! We are people too and it's nice to know the personality of the person staff will potentially going to be working with! But, good application and, of course, plenty of experience as far as I can tell. Best of luck! :)

6. Canner

Canner Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Thanks for the feed back! Growing out my playtime to the best of my ability, figured I would apply, while growing my playtime!

7. Ninja

VIP

Ratings:
    +3 / 2
    Hey mike I'm going to give you a 0.3+ because you look like you know what your doing and you seem like a nice guy but i think you need a bit more time on the server. Good luck

8. Canner

Canner Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Thanks for the feed back! Trying to become more active graudually over time!

9. Jessup / IHaveAidz

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    +1 cuz you seem gud as dad

• Like Like x 1
  10. GamingAgge_

GamingAgge_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 7
    phonodyne
    +0.999

11. Canner

Canner Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I am the best dad..
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2018 at 6:08 PM ---
    +.1??? you funny guy :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Its_Donut

VIP

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    +0.5 , good luck !

13. Canner

Canner Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Thanks! Any recommendations?

14. Bly

Bly
    MVP VIP+

Ratings:
    +143 / 39
    I'm honestly blown away.
    IMO, One of the coolest applications I've ever seen. I honestly hope you get staff. You provide a nice example to others (it looks like), you have lots of experience, you seem very nice.
    +1

15. Screflex

VIP+

Ratings:
    +47 / 14
    Uh.. You kind of joined forums yesterday and this was made yesterday but.. Other than that it was a great application. +0.5
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2018 at 8:47 PM ---
    your signature thooo

16. Hazel

VIP+

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    :)

17. GgGotGame

Moderator VIP

Ratings:
    +105 / 2
    Hey there, Canner!

To begin, I'd say you qualify very well to be a staff member. You have astounding experience and you portray yourself professionally and confidentially, it'd be thoughtless to give you a -1, which is why I'm remaining neutral (+0.5) for the time being. Activity plays a massive part in becoming a staff member because it tells us how often and willing you're able to do the position you volunteered for. This caliber also is applied to Discord and here on the forums especially. I am not exactly saying you are inactive, however, I'm not convinced you've been here long enough to make yourself well acquainted with rules and regulations and the community you wish to work for. Being "popular" is not what I'm trying to get at, but upholding and maintaining a reputation that of a player who is mature, active, helpful, etc.

In short, I think you're a player with great potential, but maybe it's a bit too early to apply, though I'm not doubtful in the slightest about the hours you are willing to dedicate.

Thanks for applying!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Canner

Canner Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Xd thanks bro :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:28 AM ---
    Thanks for the feed back!
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:28 AM ---
    Thanks bro! Means a lot!

19. Jessup / IHaveAidz