Reviewing Captainpig15 - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Captainpig15, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captainpig15

VIP

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Your Minecraft username
    Captainpig15

What server are you applying for

Islands

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Marco

Location (or timezone)
    Central time zone (Texas)

---------------------------------------------

Why do you aspire to become staff?
    I’ve been on Mana Cube for a while now. I thought me joining this server was gonna be once but now I’m on ManaCube like everyday. I have dedicated a lot of time to ManaCube {Islands to be specific} and I would want to become a staff member because I would love to help people & I’m very easy going and relaxed. I love to help people. Like if a person has a question I would love to help. If someone character spam I usually say “hey don’t character drag” or “can you watch the drag please”. I want to help ManaCube be a safe environment for like everyone to play on without one getting hurt by someone’s words. Instead I want this to be like a home server where both adults and kids can come and have a great time while playing.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    Been playing since around october of last year

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    8-9 hours a day

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    Activity- I am pretty active in game myself on Islands but I am also pretty active on the forums.
    Maturity- I am pretty mature and I will not play around unless it is an appropriate time and I can mess around. But if it’s an inappropriate time I will not mess around at all.
    Helping- I give my best effort when helping a player if needed when I’m online.
    Communication- This is a big one as if you have to talk to anyone. Like of course I will not treat someone bad for no reason. I make sure I don’t make mistakes when spelling something and putting it in chat while helping someone so it can make sense.
    Honesty- I am pretty honest, I don’t see the point of why to lie if people know the truth or can figure out the truth pretty easily.
    Knowledge- I’ve played Minecraft for 2 years and this year will make it 3. So I can say I have a lot of knowledge of how Minecraft works itself. I have learned how to do things in Islands as I need to know how to do things and know about Islands. And as I continue to play Islands I even get to learn even more things about the game mode.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    I own a server as of right now, I’ve been an Admin on my friends server that sadly closed down (I also did coding for the server) I am a helper as of right now on Complex. I’ve had a real life job before. Did some detailing a little. I have also helped my father build a car so I could count that as job. I’ve washed cars and help cut grass as well.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    Responsibility- I make sure I get my work done and won’t let anyone make me stop or put me down when doing so. I will keep going and doing my job until finished.
    Listener- I am a pretty good listener, I won’t slack or do anything half way unless told to. If I’m told to do something at home I will do it without a fuss or any trouble.
    Leader- I would say I’m a leader and not a follower. I mean honestly for one staff can’t be a follower they need to be role models for the other players to see. Also with me playing a double bass and being 1st chair I would have to lead the group. By that I would have to be confident in what I did and made sure the other fellow members got the music and understood it.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    A staff member is someone who should be respected like all should be. The rule is to help keep this a safe environment for kids playing on the server. Staff also make sure people follow the rules don’t break them. Staff also can help the server grow as if people not feeling hurt and feeling welcomed you would think this would draw more attention to the server. Also maturity would be the first thing people should want their staff to be. If staff weren’t mature the server would be wild.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes

Anything else we should know?
    I’ve made region 4 years for orchestra and played football for 3 years so yeah if you need to know anything else just send me a message thru discord Captainpig15#6084

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Its_Donut

VIP

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    +1 your pretty active and I see you help people gl.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  3. Catmaster2000

Helper VIP

Ratings:
    +82 / 2
    1+
    You are pretty active in chat, usually helping people and chatting.
    I would recommend going a bit more in-depth in the "What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?" part. And in the experiences part, please go more in-depth on how those experiences would help you.
    Good Luck. :)
    ~Cat

4. Castiel

Castiel New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Gl cap <3

5. Taslekio

Taslekio Active Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    +0.5. You seem like a great, mature person and well-known, even if I don't play Islands. Maybe a bit more detail in some of your responses. Good luck!

6. Smithie

MVP VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +108 / 9
    +0.5 due to the lack of detail but everything else is good! gl!

7. SunsetMagic

SunsetMagic Network Manager
    Manager Moderator+ VIP+ VIP Helper Management QA Team

Ratings:
    +622 / 19
    SunsetMagic
    Hello Marco,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.
    Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me through the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Sunset#3438], I am quicker to respond there.
    Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.
    The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
    Sunset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.