Reviewing Cos - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Cos, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cos

Cos
    MVP VIP+

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Your Minecraft username
    Disillusioning

What server are you applying for

Skyblock

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Lily

Location (or timezone)
    New York State

---------------------------------------------

Why do you aspire to become staff?
    I would absolutely love to become staff on ManaCube. It is by far one of the most amazing servers I have ever played on. I believe that by becoming a staff member, I can help give back to the server and help make a more enjoyable community for everyone to partake in.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    Approximately two years.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    On weekdays, I can dedicate roughly four to six hours. On weekends, I can dedicate about sixteen hours. Time may vary depending on what I have for homework.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    Good Listener - I take myself as a fairly decent listener. I'm always here to listen to everyone and anyone who may have a problem. Even if I may not be on the best of terms with someone, I would still be there for them to listen to their problems and help them out however I can.

Leadership - I think of myself as an excellent leader. I'm always trying to make sure that things are fair for everyone around me. When someone needs help in doing something, you can always count on me to be there and lead them though a problem whatever the situation may be. I do my best to always be a good leader for those who may look up to me as an example or for guidance.

Social Skills - You can always find me talking to someone. I tend to get along well with pretty much everyone. I love interacting with people and spending time with them. I'm always here to talk to about anything and everything. May it be school grades, a new building idea or just about how your day went, I'll converse with you about it and take complete joy in doing so.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    Though I have never been staff on any other servers, I have had multiple real-life experiences that could help me in being a good staff. I volunteer quite a bit in my community. Last summer, I worked as a docent (someone who showcases the animals and teaches you about them) at my local zoo. I've even showed animals to elderly people in housing complexes a few roads down from where I live. It made my day seeing the excitement and amazement that was displayed across their faces. Also, I am the Vice President of a social activity club called Bridge Builders at my school. We host things such as movie nights, game nights and popcorn sales for the students and faculty of my school. In addition to that, I have bussed tables for my local firehouse for a pancake breakfast which, to my surprise, required quite a bit of social interaction. I ended up having a blast and would most definitely do it again given the chance.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    Patience - I believe that patience is key for solving problems and communicating with others around me. I always listen to what others have to say before addressing a problem. Most of the time, jumping to conclusions can be irrational and get you no where when trying to get things done.

Seriousness - Though I enjoy having fun with my friends and other players, I know when its time to be serious and get work done. I'm always on top of my school work and studies and think of my academic career as a very important aspect of life. I know what and what not to laugh and or joke around about and would never take a serious matter and turn it into a joke.

Kindness - I try to the best of my ability to be kind to the people around me. I'm never intentionally rude or disrespectful to other players or people that I interact with. If I do come across as rude or disrespectful, I would wish for one to address it with me so we can talk about it and sort things out. The feelings and views of others are a very important thing to me and I would never wish to hurt anyone.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    I believe that as a staff member, not only do you support the rules of the server but also interact as a part of the community. Staff members should not just be there to monitor you but also be your friend and make you feel welcome. They are there for you to look up to for guidance and assistance when needed.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes

Anything else we should know?
    I can speak some Spanish. though I'm still in the process of learning, I have taken classes to learn it for four years. Also, my discord is Lily #0105. Sometimes it doesn't work but I can be found through the ManaCube discord server. In addition to that, I am sadly not currently allowed to verbally talk over discord, just type. If you would like me to explain in depth, please message me on discord or find me in-game and I will gladly explain in full detail.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  2. Minesheep1

MVP QA Team

Ratings:
    +60 / 1
    YES! I've been waiting so long until Lily apply's. You're such a great friend, and you always got my back. If I could give you a +10000, I would.

No doubt, +1.

Best of luck,
    Sheep

3. Cos

Cos
    MVP VIP+

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Thank you so much! I appreciate the feedback <3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. AiresXviper

VIP

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    You are going to be one of the best mods. Skyblock needs your help :D
    Once you get mod, scrub sheep :)

Instant +1

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Cos

Cos
    MVP VIP+

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Haha, thank you for the feedback <3

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  6. ChaoticPhoenix7

Moderator MVP QA Team

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Hiya Cos,
    First things first~ +1 for sure.
    I believe you have what it takes to become a great staff member, you're extremely active and quick to help in-game. You know the server and its community well and vice versa. Your application also highlights a lot of your strong suits, I think you'd make a great addition to the staff team.
    Best of luck~

~Chaotic <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Cos

Cos
    MVP VIP+

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Thank you Chao! I greatly appreciate the feedback <3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. HappinessDies

HappinessDies New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi Cos Cos!!!

First of all +1!

You would be a great staff member! You have exactly what it takes. You're kind, and helpful to any other players if they ever need help with something, and you also make other players feel welcome! You try your best to make everyone feel wanted and you have a lot of strong suits that would go perfectly with this roll as Chaotic said above! I think you would be great!

Good Luck!!

~CoCo

(Even though it says I joined today, That's only because my password got changed. I joined around August.)

9. Cos

Cos
    MVP VIP+

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Thank you! Feedback greatly appreciated <3

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  10. fastball602

VIP

Ratings:
    +121 / 3
    Cossy :D happy that you applied!
    +1 from me!
    Very helpful in game
    Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cos

Cos
    MVP VIP+

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Thank you!! <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Smithie

MVP VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +108 / 9
    Hey there, first off amazing application so a big fat +1 for me, genuinely helpful in chat and active, good luck

Nick <3

13. Cos

Cos
    MVP VIP+

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Thank you! I appreciate the feedback <3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Elpacer

Elpacer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    +1, Didn't even bother reading but its a 10/10 :)

15. Cos

Cos
    MVP VIP+

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Haha, thank you so much for the feedback, It's greatly appreciated. <3

16. Canner

Canner Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 3
    Nice application, I'm going to have to give you a NEUTRAL.

You seem like a nice guy, but I recommend you add a little bit more detail.

(+1) once fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cos

Cos
    MVP VIP+

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Okay, Thank you for the feedback! Any specific areas you recommend adding detail to?

18. SheSoBailey

SheSoBailey Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 7
    Hiya Cos!! You are an amazing player on Skyblock, you are kind, and funny. I would love to give you a +1, but I don't believe you have 700 words up in that sack of words..... so imma give you a 0.5 ........ just to let ya know, this hasn't been denied or accepted yet so before Sunset comes with an acception or a big fat DENIED you can still fix that error with maybe some more detail.

Good Luck!! <3
    Love, Dino

19. Cos

Cos
    MVP VIP+

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    I just checked and I have around 812 words not counting the questions according to the word counter site I used, but thank you for the feedback, its greatly appreciated! <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lewie

Donator

Ratings:
    +227 / 8
    haven't been on the server for a few months so I can't say anything about u ig but people above me have been saying positive things about you, you meet most of the requirements (when I say most I'm not sure if some are still requirements) so may aswell +1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.