Could use of some tips, tricks and advice for building

Lycqn

MVP
Ratings
37 1
Hey there!

I know a lot of you guys are amazing builders and I’d like some (and I bet many other players who try to improve) could use some detailed information about the different specifications for the grades. Information such as how many structures, plot size recommendation, how detailed the terrain should be etc etc and extra things like that would be useful. Anything really!

Hopefully this thread will get a few responses and useful tips and advice, I’ll need it and maybe other people could find this beneficial too!

Jordn

VIP+
Jordn
Jordn
VIP+
Ratings
28 2
There is just example warps such as /warp a /warp b+ etc..

A tip from me is to not be too random with your build.. I see a lot of new people building all sorts of different styles combined into one plot and it generally has no realism to it at all. I'm not saying your build has to be realistic, because their is a lot of styles such as fantasy that breaks the laws of gravity with floating islands.
Strive to be creative but stick to the same genre of builds.
Genres include:
- Medieval
- Nordic
- Modern
- Steam Punk
- Oriental
And loads more.

Another TIP would be to not be afraid to try new things. I've seen a lot of people with very similar plots on the server with generic cliffs the medieval structures. I'm not saying that those types of build are bad, because I have personally seen some very impressive plots like this, but you will notice that every B+ - A+ builder has incorporated their own unique ideas into the build to create something amazing.

Here is an example of two of my builds when i tried something new:

https://gyazo.com/760ee9f8742bfb6baddc177b4443da01

https://gyazo.com/e2ee90ee2d8fe909d74e3fae778cd5ad

The amount of structures really depend on what style of build.. you could create one large structure known as a mega build that would fill up the entire plot.. Or you could simply just make a bunch of smaller structures.

D - 1-2 structures with minimal detailing, but the structures should generally make sense to its surroundings
D+ - 1-2 more detailed structures, shows some good use of terraforming to blend with structures
C - 2-5 detailed structures with detailed surroundings
C+ 2-5 well built structures, shows an understanding of depth as well as detail, along side a realistic or fitting terrain.

Above C+ doesn't really matter about how many structures you include, just how you've pulled the build off.. Does it all make sense? Do people clearly understand what you're trying to build and how you have made the build come to life. Everything above C+ should be very detailed but understand the amount of detail needed to be fitting towards the style.

I hope this helped a little bit. I have warps such as /warp interior & /warp worldedit to help with those aspects of building.

Thanks for reading

- Beats

Lycqn

MVP
Ratings
37 1

A tip from me is to not be too random with your build.. I see a lot of new people building all sorts of different styles combined into one plot and it generally has no realism to it at all. I'm not saying your build has to be realistic, because their is a lot of styles such as fantasy that breaks the laws of gravity with floating islands.
Genres include:
- Medieval
- Nordic
- Modern
- Steam Punk
- Oriental
And loads more.

Another TIP would be to not be afraid to try new things. I've seen a lot of people with very similar plots on the server with generic cliffs the medieval structures. I'm not saying that those types of build are bad, because I have personally seen some very impressive plots like this, but you will notice that every B+ - A+ builder has incorporated their own unique ideas into the build to create something amazing.

The amount of structures really depend on what style of build.. you could create one large structure known as a mega build that would fill up the entire plot.. Or you could simply just make a bunch of smaller structures.

D - 1-2 structures with minimal detailing, but the structures should generally make sense to its surroundings
D+ - 1-2 more detailed structures, shows some good use of terraforming to blend with structures
C+ 2-5 well built structures, shows an understanding of depth as well as detail, along side a realistic or fitting terrain.

Above C+ doesn't really matter about how many structures you include, just how you've pulled the build off.. Does it all make sense? Do people clearly understand what you're trying to build and how you have made the build come to life. Everything above C+ should be very detailed but understand the amount of detail needed to be fitting towards the style.

I hope this helped a little bit. I have warps such as /warp interior & /warp worldedit to help with those aspects of building.

Thanks for reading

- Beats
Thanks for replying! It really helped me understand the grading system and building generally a bit more so cheers to you!

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2

Genres include:
- Medieval
- Nordic
- Modern
- Steam Punk
- Oriental
And loads more.

Thanks for reading

- Beats
How do I top this? Welp here goes.

So you boy xX_kitpvpgod_Xx is now going to be xX_BuildingGod_Xx today. Some tips on building are as follows:

• Think about what have people not done yet? I'd rather have a decent looking original build. Over a great yet overused build. Simply because those generic, and unoriginal builds can be made and perfected 100's of times. But if you decide you want to build a snow paradise. Then I'd rather see effort and originality put into it. So that's one thing.
  • From the wise words of Dj Khaled, "Another one," Second. Go through the creative section of our forums. There are tons of great tips on how to improve your building. I'm not much of a builder. But I learned a lot from each one. So go take the time to do that.
  • On the topic of forums. Go to my kitpvp tip guide. Kill two birds with one stone you know?
  • World edit. The damn thing I didn't have back in my Minecraft Ps3 days. (Kms) Use it to your advantage. Yet don't go overkill because it's easy to see if you copy pasted or not.
That's pretty much all I know. So I'll tell an embarrassing story on my building on Ps3 days. So once, your 12-year-old baby chick. Yup, Golden. Was trying to create an empire to rule over the pitiful village scum. So I have the foundational walls completed. So all that was left was the floor. It was a 13x13 floor so it's a good bit of clicking to do. It was in creative mode. Then, I thought. Why not speed up the process? So I took the time to make a full tier beacon and gave myself haste two. Only to realize that creative offered the fasting breaking speed. Yup, that was a facepalm moment. That's all. Cya doods.
-Golden

Lycqn

MVP
Ratings
37 1
How do I top this? Welp here goes.

So you boy xX_kitpvpgod_Xx is now going to be xX_BuildingGod_Xx today. Some tips on building are as follows:

• Think about what have people not done yet? I'd rather have a decent looking original build. Over a great yet overused build. Simply because those generic, and unoriginal builds can be made and perfected 100's of times. But if you decide you want to build a snow paradise. Then I'd rather see effort and originality put into it. So that's one thing.
  • From the wise words of Dj Khaled, "Another one," Second. Go through the creative section of our forums. There are tons of great tips on how to improve your building. I'm not much of a builder. But I learned a lot from each one. So go take the time to do that.
  • On the topic of forums. Go to my kitpvp tip guide. Kill two birds with one stone you know?
  • World edit. The damn thing I didn't have back in my Minecraft Ps3 days. (Kms) Use it to your advantage. Yet don't go overkill because it's easy to see if you copy pasted or not.
That's pretty much all I know. So I'll tell an embarrassing story on my building on Ps3 days. So once, your 12-year-old baby chick. Yup, Golden. Was trying to create an empire to rule over the pitiful village scum. So I have the foundational walls completed. So all that was left was the floor. It was a 13x13 floor so it's a good bit of clicking to do. It was in creative mode. Then, I thought. Why not speed up the process? So I took the time to make a full tier beacon and gave myself haste two. Only to realize that creative offered the fasting breaking speed. Yup, that was a facepalm moment. That's all. Cya doods.
-Golden
Haha thanks for the tips! Nice story to top it all off, I’ll be sure to be as original as possible!

Ryanminty123

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
110 3
Oh hi, it's Ryan.

So with building rather then telling you about what grades generally require what I'm going give you a few tips just for building in general!

1) Terrain before structure:
Whenever I talk to people about their submissions or their plots in general I always have 1 tip for them, always do your terrain before you start your structure as you'll generally be basing your structures around the terrain and overall it gives the plot a much better flow. /warp A+3 is an excellent example of this showing that when the terrain is done first building the structures around that terrain just adds that extra detail to your plot.

2) Framing:
This is probably the thing that everybody struggles with the most and I do too, however it's extremely important! For instance if I made a build without a frame generally it would end up looking very square, this isn't something natural that we like and if you want a flowing plot then you're really gonna wanna think about your framing, this can include terrain as well as when making terrain having a general outline of what you want can be tremendously useful!

3) Creativity!:
This in my opinion is the most important part of any plot and can distinguish you between normal builds and amazing builds is just using creativity. As an example that I've recently done whilst building a boat I decided to place a garden onto it. This makes absolutely no sense when you think about it however it just adds that extra details that some builds lack, putting picnics in the middle of a spiders den or having a crashed ship in the middle of a cavern just adds extra details to your plot which some people just don't ever think about, take your time whilst building and let creativity come to you before and during your project my dude!

Anyways, those are just the little things I think of whilst building and obviously I'm not the best builder, however doing these things can just add that flair to your builds that other builds just don't have and I highly suggest that you do it as it's much more fun to build an interesting plot rather then a plain one.

Hope this helped <3

Lycqn

MVP
Ratings
37 1
Oh hi, it's Ryan.

So with building rather then telling you about what grades generally require what I'm going give you a few tips just for building in general!

1) Terrain before structure:
Whenever I talk to people about their submissions or their plots in general I always have 1 tip for them, always do your terrain before you start your structure as you'll generally be basing your structures around the terrain and overall it gives the plot a much better flow. /warp A+3 is an excellent example of this showing that when the terrain is done first building the structures around that terrain just adds that extra detail to your plot.

2) Framing:
This is probably the thing that everybody struggles with the most and I do too, however it's extremely important! For instance if I made a build without a frame generally it would end up looking very square, this isn't something natural that we like and if you want a flowing plot then you're really gonna wanna think about your framing, this can include terrain as well as when making terrain having a general outline of what you want can be tremendously useful!

3) Creativity!:
This in my opinion is the most important part of any plot and can distinguish you between normal builds and amazing builds is just using creativity. As an example that I've recently done whilst building a boat I decided to place a garden onto it. This makes absolutely no sense when you think about it however it just adds that extra details that some builds lack, putting picnics in the middle of a spiders den or having a crashed ship in the middle of a cavern just adds extra details to your plot which some people just don't ever think about, take your time whilst building and let creativity come to you before and during your project my dude!

Anyways, those are just the little things I think of whilst building and obviously I'm not the best builder, however doing these things can just add that flair to your builds that other builds just don't have and I highly suggest that you do it as it's much more fun to build an interesting plot rather then a plain one.

Hope this helped <3
Thank you for replying, you know what they say, you learn something new everyday! I’ll be sure to keep these things in mind when building, I appreciate it :)