Custom Enchants

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
I think custom enchants would be a great thing to add to the server. I've played other servers where they had different custom enchants for different things and they really have helped as far as gameplay went. I namely play Skyblock so when I talk about these enchants I'm really implying that they be added there, however I think it would be cool to add it to the entire server seeing as a lot of the enchants I talk about in this thread apply more to Survival or PVP in general. Examples of custom enchants could be:

1. "Telepathy" - Automatically teleports whatever you just mined into your inventory, which is very helpful for basic cobble gen users because it reduces the amount of items that accidentally burn in lava. It can be used for pickaxes, axes, shovels, swords, and possibly hoes.

2. "Autosmelt" - Automatically smelts ore/cobble/other things you mined but takes away experience you would normally get from mining things like coal or diamond. Can be put on any tool that applies.

3. "Experience" - Gives back experience lost while mining something with "Autosmelt" on your tool of choice. It could have levels that determine how much experience you get from mining. "Experience 1" could give you a normal amount of XP while mining whereas "Experience 4" could give 10 to 20 times that amount, or possibly even more than that. It could have a level cap, capping at the 4th or 5th level and this can put on any tool that applies.

4. "Feed" (or alternatively "Hunger") - Automatically fills your hunger for you through the experience you earn in-game from mining, smelting, or other activities that cause you to gain XP. Can be put on a helmet, a chestplate, leggings or boots but not all four. This can also be changed to make it so that it works while you walk instead of using your XP.

5. "Life-Steal" - Used in the PVP Arena and has a certain percent chance to take some of another players' hearts to heal yourself. Can be put on weapons (namely swords or axes) and possibly on armor as some sort of "luck" enchant.

6. "Ward" - Used in the PVP Arena and has a chance to absorb damage dealt to you to heal you for the damage amount. Can be put on armor, and can possibly have different levels like "Experience" to determine how much damage you can absorb.

7. "Blackout" - Used in the PVP Arena. Has a chance to temporarily blind your opponents and can be put on weapons.

8. "Night" - Used on one piece of armor and can give you night vision.

9. "Reparation" - This repairs your items as you walk. Can be applied to one single piece of armor, and can repair all the items that need repaired in your inventory (armor and tools).

These enchants are just examples and there could be so many more than this added to the server (hopefully along with the ones I listed, because I actually really like most of them). I would love to see suggestions from other people because I know that many more enchants could be added to the list. This would also help if custom enchants were added to the server because it could give more ideas of what enchants to add and incorporate in-game.

As far as them being accessible to players, I suggest that a spot in spawn be made for them. I've most commonly seen them being sold by a NPC that brings up a menu when you click on it. They could be sold for a certain amount of experience levels and could vary depending on their value. For example: "Telepathy" could be valued at 30 levels whereas something like "Ward" could be valued at 50 or 75 levels.

Edit/Side Note: I know that some enchants already exist within the game, but I dislike the idea of only getting enchants through perk keys. I know that something like this would probably have to have some thought put into it to make it more fair/balanced but I overall really like the idea of it becoming a part of the server. Also, I do have another thread talking about the possibility of adding an OP Skyblock to the server so if that interests anybody please go and check it out here.

Last edited:

Its_Kat

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
147 2
I think this would be something cool to think about adding in the future. Especially with the pvp adds ons. It's a good idea :)

Ratings
This could be a cool suggestion to add not only in skyblock, but in survival too. I don't know what you would think about this, but let me know. Also, I love that you give a description of the enchants, and not only list them, so that people would get the gist of it, when they ask what's that enchant about.

I would give this a +1 and I hope that this is going to get added in-game. I see it more towards survival, rather than in skyblock, because you don't really mine and explore on your island, as much as in survival. However, the telepathy custom enchant would be a hard one to create, especially with the teleportation of materials into your inventory...

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
I only mentioned Skyblock because that's what I play the most, but I think it could be cool to apply the custom enchants to more than just one thing! Skyblock isn't the only thing Manacube has going on, and I would love to see the directions they go when possibly adding custom enchants to other things in the server. As far as "Telepathy", "Autosmelt", and "Experience" go I was thinking more towards Skyblock just because I've used them before in another Skyblock setting and I really do think it helps with mining, cutting down trees, or really anything similar to that. Something like Survival obviously has more going on, like more PvP and more of the "Survival" aspect, so all the enchants would fit better in that sort of setting. At the end of the day, I'd just like to see custom enchants because they're cool and could possibly improve game-play on the player's end.