Rejected Duolingo - Medium (Resubmission)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
What about these NEW medium maps? Those parts look quite repetitive and really easy to me, and would you look at that! They were still accepted. So again, why are you complaining so much about our map? We redid some parts so they're less repetitive and clearly it doesn't matter if there are other parts that are slightly more repetitive. Otherwise these wouldn't have been accepted, right? View attachment 60200 View attachment 60201 View attachment 60202
Ah yes these are definitely new maps, definitely very new and definitely not years old. You are definitely right man definitely don't bother to listen to anything these experienced mappers are saying.

Leeviska

MVP+
Leeviska
Leeviska
MVP+
Ratings
6 4
Ah yes these are definitely new maps, definitely very new and definitely not years old. You are definitely right man definitely don't bother to listen to anything these experienced mappers are saying.
Oh wait wtf you're right, I swear I was on newly added and the last page. Apologies, I'm very stupid. I thought I was looking at new maps.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
Oh wait wtf you're right, I swear I was on newly added and the last page. Apologies, I'm very stupid. I thought I was looking at new maps.
i saw the post about the maps u mistakened for new maps. i prob am being too harsh about it but im giving feedback in a way. i might not have much parkour experience but i have a fair bit of building experience. on top of that, ive been doing parkour for months now and maybe that doesnt sound like an accomplishment, ive seen lots of parkour so although i cant give well thoughtout detailed parkour feedback, i can give him small comments because i know if some jumps dont look right or hold a good rythm.

Leeviska

MVP+
Leeviska
Leeviska
MVP+
Ratings
6 4
i saw the post about the maps u mistakened for new maps. i prob am being too harsh about it but im giving feedback in a way. i might not have much parkour experience but i have a fair bit of building experience. on top of that, ive been doing parkour for months now and maybe that doesnt sound like an accomplishment, ive seen lots of parkour so although i cant give well thoughtout detailed parkour feedback, i can give him small comments because i know if some jumps dont look right or hold a good rythm.
No you're just giving your opinion, you're not too harsh. I do appreciate the feedback, even if I don't 100% agree with all of it. In my personal opinion though (and all of the testers have agreed) both the build is fine, and the parkour is good. We have 5 testers now and all of them have said that they like the build, and also thought the parkour was good and fit a medium pretty well. I guess we'll just have to see what judges say when they have time to check the map out.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
No you're just giving your opinion, you're not too harsh. I do appreciate the feedback, even if I don't 100% agree with all of it. In my personal opinion though (and all of the testers have agreed) both the build is fine, and the parkour is good. We have 5 testers now and all of them have said that they like the build, and also thought the parkour was good and fit a medium pretty well. I guess we'll just have to see what judges say when they have time to check the map out.
Were any of the testers mappers?

Leeviska

MVP+
Leeviska
Leeviska
MVP+
Ratings
6 4
Were any of the testers mappers?
I think 1 is a mapper, another one is working on their own maps atm and 1 has made (but hasn't submitted yet) at least 2 maps and is making another one I think? So most of them aren't complete randoms who haven't built anything at least ig. I also don't know if they're helpers on any maps, didn't ask and I can't really check that. I know we should get more mappers to test but haven't had a ton of time to ask around

Last edited:

JASO0ON

Forum Legend
ELITE
JASO0ON
JASO0ON
ELITE
Ratings
358 108
Ε άμα δεν μάθετε τα ελληνικά σας θα σας απαγάγω την οικογένεια σας

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Hpdra9oniz3r, Leeviska, and Mestarihylje,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The build is still a concern. The wings do look unnatural for what you're going for, and the table does take away from your main build quite a bit. I would decrease the size of the table to allow the main focus of your map to stand out more.
The parkour is very inconsistent, overall feeling tricky for a medium map. Make sure you test your map on 1.18 to get a good feel for it. The variation also feels unnatural, like you just put random blocks for the sake of having a more varied parkour. Make sure to check out these guides made by community judges/mappers to get a good feel of what we expect from your parkour.
https://manacube.com/threads/basics-nerfing-buffing-pk-general-tips.78981/
https://manacube.com/threads/basics-parkour-variance-and-self-constraint.78459/

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.