Events Staff

Rainbow_firefly

Dedicated Member
Ratings
211 11
Hello everyone, Danny here, formally known as Rainbow_Firefly, and I'm here with an idea that could change the way events are done on Manacube, and the amount of them that happen.
How events currently happen:

So, right now, the events staff team is a select of (very) talented Sr Mods, and our lovely admin Purpz, that take on the tasks of creating and hosting events such as build comps, spleef, Drop Parties, Hide and Seek, Parkour races, etc. They are ideally once or twice a month sometimes more and sometimes less depending on the amount of stress and work the team is under at the moment.

My idea:

I know how stressful holding an event can be, it's a lot of people on one server trying to play or speculate a game, so my suggestion to the Manacube Staff Team is to completely reshape the way the events team is. Make an entirely separate section of staff that are specifically brought into the team to handle, create, and manage events, that way the server will be able to have an event once a week. These members will apply as you would normally to a regular position, and then brought in and trained as you would train them for a normal position.

why you should do this:

To begin with, let's take a look at the normal Sr Mod. They handle issues on every server, and are normally the one to go to when you have an issue, they are they higher staff that you pass the message onto, they assess and tackle the problems regular staff can not, and they are involved in a lot of the server as a whole. They are busy, hard working, individuals that can't always sit down and work on an event, even as we seem to gain more and more of them. If you were to bring on a completely new genre of staff then not only would that elimate some of the stress of an event for sr mods, but also it could provide more publicity to the server. If there is an event every weekend, even if it's something small as spleef, it could better manacubes community as a whole and would show other people outside of the server that the team is doing it's best to provide an activity that has a benefit for the entire server. These staff members wouldn't have the worries of another server, and would be only focused on events. They wouldn't have to deal with muting or banning unless there is somebody breaking chat offenses/hacking during the events or they are staff on another server. Several events could be worked on at once, and there would be more people to rely on if something just isn't going right.

In conclusion:

I know that the likelihood of this getting taken into consideration is slim, but think about the advantages it would bring, of course Sr Mods would still be doing events when they find themselves able, but Sr Mods could have more time to do the much bigger events that you could win more from or are server specific such as build comps, instead of a tiny event like a bow comp. They would also be supervising them and making sure everything is good and neat and running smoothly, which is what they do to begin with, they step in when a normal mod is unable to take care of a situation. In the end, bringing on a whole new team dedicated to this would result in nothing but good. They would have special training in the subject and would probably already have background with redstone and commands, unlike your typical Sr Mod whose knowledge of commands lies in the servers they are trained to.

I really hope you take this into consideration, and thank you for reading! Have a good day!

(P.S. if you see any spelling mistakes please let me know so I can clean them up)

Last edited:

Whiskerando

MVP
Ratings
49 3
I totally agree on this.

This would 1st off be a gateway to introducing a whole new variety of events, and more than likely, whole new set of players join games they are attracted to. 2nd off, this is a way for players who aren't that drawn into the massive idea that is staffing an actual server and enforcing rules onto players, and more than likely, friends as well, to contribute. A whole new way of interacting and influencing the server in ways where you're less likely to ruin relationships with people, and instead make them give off more positives vibes, would be such a draw to players, myself for example. Thirdly, like you mentioned previously, it would take a heavy load off of the Sr Mods who already have enough stress from how vastly huge their roles are on Manacube.

You've got my vote on this one.