Fine to have 45strafes in a map?

happyheart

YouTuber
YouTuber
Ratings
45 11
Didn't know whether to post this in the Creative or Parkour section, but I figured I'd shoot my shot here

I'm making an insane map right now and I have a jump where it is necessary to perform a 45strafe in order to complete the jump (assuming no speed).

The jump in question is a 7b-8.5 to slime to 9b-10 (7 block gap, 8.5 blocks down to a single slime block which you bounce off to cross a 9 block gap that goes 10 blocks down). You can find it on my plot, it is the last jump I've made so far on my in-progress map and the last jump before the second checkpoint.

Is this alright, or will this prevent the map from being accepted?

Cogsworth

Cogsworth
Cogsworth
Ratings
I tried it on your plot, its possible without a 45 strafe. I found the jump easier to perform with bmm (backwards momentum)

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey happy, glad to hear you're making maps again! I would sadly say that for now, jumps including 45 strafes OR backwards momentum are too advanced for ManaCube (unfortunately). Even advanced force momentum is questionable if used in excess.

I've said this before, but I'm hoping at some point in the future we can start seeing more difficult jumps integrated over time, but I think for the time being the jump may be too difficult. Thanks for asking!

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
yeah i second cogs - its easier with bmm. rly hard doe :shrug:
Actually, all you need to do is max fmm or c4.5 to beat it, no bw needed, 45 strafe is only needed if youre doing normal force momentm.

Cursiver

VIP
Cursiver
Cursiver
VIP
Ratings
41 14
Intresting to have a 45 strafe on a insane map. But I don't think most people know how to do it. Plus its very hard

Last edited:

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Intresting to have a 45 strafe on a insane map. But I don't think most people know how to do it like me. Plus its very very hard
Hey happy, glad to hear you're making maps again! I would sadly say that for now, jumps including 45 strafes OR backwards momentum are too advanced for ManaCube (unfortunately). Even advanced force momentum is questionable if used in excess.

I've said this before, but I'm hoping at some point in the future we can start seeing more difficult jumps integrated over time, but I think for the time being the jump may be too difficult. Thanks for asking!
Imo 45 strafe is overrated, because most of the time all you see are the most common ones like 1bm 4.375 or 0bm 3.8125 which do take a bit of practice. However, what people don't realise is that if a jump is stretched out, the extra distance covered by 45 strafing is increased and that makes for a lot more jumps that can be realyl easily done, and example is the 1bm 9-15, which is so easy its possible to go 1 pixel further than needed. This can be really extended though, and using slimes you can create realyl easy jumps where all that's important is the timing; accuracy is not important because you have enough time to correct yourself midiar.

This is what happyheart's jump is, and even though it's cheesable with a good force momentum, i think jumps of similar difficulty should be allowed, its the best way to try and progress to more technical parkour. That is one of the jumps so easy you can literally start strafing from the slime and still make it. We already have various types of blip ups including wall blips on the server, so i think this should be the next step.. Another example would be a massive slime jump i created. It was so easy that i was able to get horrible accuracy but still make it by correcting myself, and someone else who had never successfully done a 45 strafe before also managed to do it.

Cogsworth

Cogsworth
Cogsworth
Ratings
i learned the neck snap 45 strafe in like 10 min es easy

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings