[Forums] Suggestions

TeamTyler

Dedicated Member
Ratings
92 3
*Disclaimer* For those people who are cautious with clicking links, every link is 100% safe. *Disccaimer*

Alright, I'm making many suggestions for the forums. None of these are 100% important, but they'd benefit us slightly, or make the forums a cooler place. (It is cool, don't get me wrong!)

Posting Cool-down
So we have the 30 second post limit. I understand it's to try stop spam and all, but could it be reduced from 30 seconds to 20? Sometimes 30 seconds can seem way too long, especially on your own profile. If this doesn't happen for threads, maybe consider reducing the limit on profile posts? Maybe even remove the limit on profile posts and keep the limit on thread posts?

Trophy Points
Not really important, but would be great for higher achievers.
I'm aware this could promote post spamming, but that's just life.

2,000 Messages - 30 Points
3,000 Message - 35 Points
500 Likes - 25 Points
1,000 Likes - 35 Points
500 Positive Ratings - 20 Points
1,000 Positive Ratings - 35 Points
10 Neutral Ratings - 5 Points
50 Neutral Ratings - 10 Points
1 Week on Forums - 1 Point
1 Month on Forums - 3 Points
3 Months on Forums - 5 Points
6 Months on Forums 6 Points
1 Year on Forums - 8 Points
2 Years on Forums - 10 Points
Gain 100 Trophies - 10 Points
This would raise the trophy point count to 370. Here's how the points would work for forum ranks.
New Member - 0 Points
Member - 10 Points
Active Member - 50 Points
Well-known Member - 110 Points
Dedicated Member - 160 Points
Forum Fanatic - 220 Points
Forum Master - 300 Points

Bookmarks
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bookmarks.272/
This would be for posts that you like or are important for people to look at. A minor but cool suggesiton.

Profile Banners
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/profile-cover.2782/
This would be a little fun add on to have. We'd be able to customize our profiles more.

Moods
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenmoods.10/
Not important or that useful, but I thought it'd be something cool to add. I haven't seen any Minecraft forum use this. The moods are kind of ugly, I believe there's a way to change what they look like.

Organized Staff Tab
So I was thinking that in the Staff tab on the members category, it could be more organized. We'd have categories for each group. It'd just be more organized in all honesty.

Moderation Approval on Posts
Alright, I've seen a few random accounts like @Everhart sam and @Seliko Kenti. They're made just to give us malicious links or irrelevant advertising. These are quite spammy and are called "spam-bots". I think all new members whenever they make a post, the posts must be approved until they reach 10 approved posts. Then they can post freely.

Smilies/Emojis
I think it'd be cool if we could use the ratings icons as smileys. Since we can choose "Smilies" or "Emoji Smilies" I think "Ratings Smilies" would be a good idea. It wouldn't affect us much, but I think it'd be cool. Half our smilies aren't needed anyway tbh, so these wouldn't hurt.
For those who don't understand, we could use the thumbs down from the "dislike" button, the medal from the "winner" button, the rainbow from the "optimistic" button and so on.

We could also have like the Facebook Emojis as an option, like when we do :tearsofjoy: or :joy:, we get the face of the guy laughing and crying.

Forum Themes
A dark theme/custom theme would be super nice for those who don't like staring at a blinding white.
You can add multiple themes so you wouldn't be forcing it on anyone, so I don't see why not.
(Meaning there's a built in theme changer and the default would be set on this one)

Reports on Playercards
You all know if you click on my name how you have these options: "Profile Page" "Start Conversation" "Follow" "Ignore".
Alright we also have our report button that we love to use. Well what if someone updated their privacy settings so that nobody (not even those they follow) can view their profile or start a conversation? The report button wouldn't be able to be used for when they break rules. Let's say someone has an extremely inappropriate profile picture and you can't use the report button because it's on their profile and you have no permission? Well alongside the list of options (in the purple) we should have the "Report" button next to the ignore.
I'm not sure if it's possible, but it'd be a good idea. I know staff can bypass privacy settings, but why would staff use the report button when they're staff? xD

Notable Members
A category for most neutral ratings? :eek:

New Ratings
Super Hot Fire - Positive - A random rating like the cookie
Bad Spelling - Neutral - A rating for posts with terrible spelling. By terrible, I mean terrible
Hype - Positive - A rating for posts that are more amazing than "Winner", or something getting you excited.

New Section
This new section would be called "Creative Corner". There would be different sections, "Videos", "Art", "Stories" and "Misc". This would be for people to show off their work and stuff.

Last edited:

TeamTyler

Dedicated Member
Ratings
92 3
Some of your ideas I do like. Such as post cooldown, bookmarks, and profile banners.
Although, some ideas would take quite a lot of work to use, such as Moderator Approval on Posts, but that's more up to the staff if they wanted to do that.
I guess it would be a hassle, but it's only 10 posts, which is easy to get.

EpicYoshi

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
142 3
**Please Note that I do not have any true influence on implementing any of these ideas, but simply wish to share my opinion**