Hello.

Ratings
69 16
*Faces camera*

*Breathes out*

So... I think everyone here knows that A+ is a rank that is tough to get. You need to put numerous hours of work into a plot, it has to be very detailed, and very well built. Or does it only require C-B grade buildings and be on a massive scale? Because that is what the staff are saying now.

Now compare these two plots and pretend for a second you don't know what the grades achieved are:

Now which one did you think was the A+ plot? It certainly wasn't the second picture with builds lacking detail, flowers that just don't look right and trees that stay the same thickness from the floor to the ends of the branches was it? But that was the one which got A+. The other build with nice trees, terrain and structure only achieved an A, but I think you'll all agree that this build is superior in the way it looks, and the amount of skill it takes to build.

Now compare it to another build that achieved A+:

There's absolutely no competition is there? The build that achieved A+ was superior to that build in every way.

Does this look like an A+ worthy tree to you? I don't think it does.

Now this image below is a B+ plot:

I feel like I recognise the flowers in this plot, oh that's right, because they look almost identical to the flowers in the so called A+ plot, and I'd say that some of the flowers in this B+ plot are better than the A+ plot.

I've already spoken to this with some of the staff and they've decided that the person who built the A+ plot can keep their grade, but I think that this is a poor decision, this is only my opinion though (and I know for a fact that many other people have the same opinion as me).

I've not named names in this post, but we know who it is that I'm talking about, especially since I have the screenshots. I know that I sound like a horrible person, and I sound very salty in this post, which I am, but that doesn't subtract from the fact that these are fair points.

Just a couple of random points that don't really fit anywhere else. I asked why my plot couldn't be A+ if this one was, Christian said that its because it isn't a high enough quality, I asked "but this one is?" he completely blanked the question. It's possible that he didn't see the question, but I highly doubt it to be honest since other staff dodge the question (except Phinx because she's nice).

I also think that there should be a system with plots where the staff are considering A+ where the current A+ holders, or perhaps the build team, are asked to help decide on whether the plots deserve A, or A+ (not with all of the ranks since this would be too much work). This will help keep the quality high, and the staff bias as low as possible.

I'll leave you now with some B+ builds, and some A builds.

B+

A

Last edited:
Ratings
This is a sensitive topic and theres probably no way to address it without hurting someones feelings.

I wrote on the creative discord that when I received A+ I didn't feel like I deserved it and wanted it removed. I'td be nice to see staff working with players to address the concern. A public creative grading guideline would be great for everyone to be able to read and know exactly what is required for a rank.

From the earlier days I seem to remember needing:
-A distinct theme and palette (split theme is fine).
-Well smoothed and coloured terrain without visible sharp corners and indents nor obvious world edited spheres, avoiding long straight lines or repetitive wavy patterns. Blocks on cliff walls staggered at different heights and surfaces not all at the same height, rather following a gradient.
-Atmosphere: carefully selected block types, biomes, ornaments and lighting to compliment the theme.
-Organics, these could include trees, statues, flowers and other such things (these didn't have to be large scale).
-Transitioning: blending in structure and organics into the terrain and using other details to complement this (crops, fences, paths and more).
-Structure:
- Large scale structure (4 plot coverage including terrain and organics)
- Attention to detail: not using randomised detail and having clear patterns and ornamentation. (everyone details differently but detail needs to be used in appropriate places). Detailing styles are typically blocky, slabby or focused on stairs but all and everything in between and creative ideas are appreciated.
- Depth in structure: Avoiding long straight edges, depth should be proportional to the size of the structure (we don't need 3 wide walls with 5 layers).
- A clearly defined palette for the structure, trying to use a block type for a specific purpose (having spruce, oak, acacia and birch all used randomly on a flat wall is not an example of this. An example for medieval is: Cobblestone wall on bottom floor. Oak logs for beams. Wool wall top floor. Spruce roof. Stonebrick roof linings and details. Spruce details. Oak floor.)
- Interior: this ones straight forward.

-Lastly your own unique flare, things that everyone has seen again and again are less impressive than your own creative ideas.

Everything I've said can be broken down into more detail but thats probably a good basic coverage, maybe I've forgotten something, maybe I haven't. I believe everyone needs to work solo on their build and must submit a plot to receive the rank. Its ok to take inspiration from others ideas and designs as long as you give a little credit and give it your own unique touch. I think hammer has a valid concern as do many others, and its best to throw out ideas for the future instead of us making others feel bad now.

I guess thats all I have to say for now. Cheers ~ Psy.

Kingaroo

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Kingaroo
Kingaroo
ELITE
Ratings
171 4
As much as I hate to admit it, I think hammer makes a good point and that staff should be more careful when grading plots. Especially if the plot is going for A+.

Flaw

MVP+
jimb0p
jimb0p
MVP+
Ratings
18 2
As much as I hate to admit it, I think hammer makes a good point and that staff should be more careful when grading plots. Especially if the plot is going for A+.
'as much as i hate to admit it' we discuss this alot pleeeasse

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
Thank god someone had the gut to make this post. That build, in no way shape or form deserved A+. It completely deminishes the importance of the rank. I mean no harm to it’s creator, though I do hope future grades are more carefully chosen.