Dedicated Member
MVP+
Mxller
Mxller
MVP+
Ratings
64 10
Hello Community!

It's come to myself and other players attention that the community has been up and down with a lot of different topics and discussions lately. Below, I taken the time to address you all, to make sure the community is still kept in line!

These have been the three most important topics and infractions in the public chat.

Respect & Arguments
The public chat is a place to have fun and communicate with other players, meaning there are boundaries and topics you should avoid.

During the past few weeks, we've seen many arguments about Staff Member's "abusing" or general disrespect to others. Please keep in mind, that the public chat is NOT the place to speak that negatively and disrespectful to other community members. We advise that you stop this argument or simply take it to your public chats so it's clear from the public view. But all before this arguments begin, you should be asking yourself
"Is this even necessary"
"What am I arguing about?"
"Will I end up getting banned if I say this?"
"Will I be disrespecting others?"
Please make sure you're making the right decision before stepping up and disrespecting other community members. There's an exception for "faction" typed arguments. Things like "Your buildings sucks" or "Your base sucks" is not something that should be reported or complained to the staff members. All community members will tend to talk this way, and you should get use to it as you'll probably see yourself doing it as well.

Joking around is another important factor that you must think about before saying anything. There's a big difference between what's taken as Joking around or general disrespect. Before saying a joke please take in the different backgrounds and races that each community member has. If the joke is too offensive then don't post it AT ALL. Ask yourself,
"Will this be disrespectful to certain members?"
"Will I be harming anyone or myself if I say this?"

In this past week, we've noticed that arguments usually regarded bans and kicks. Again, we advise that this is not talked about in the public chats. These usually get out of hand and some community members will tend to get toxic to each other because they disagree with the ban etc.

Staff Abuse
Staff Member abuse is another big topic that is discussed here on Minevast. The public chat is not the correct place to report or point out abuse. There is a proper forums for this topic and a section where you can report the staff members. The Minevast staff will not accept any reports via /msg, as it should be taken to a much higher account such as the forums. If a Staff Member has been banned or demoted, please do not discuss it! They have been banned or demoted for a reason that the higher up staff members have confirmed, and checked over. There's no use in complaining to get that staff member unbanned.

If you feel that what you're saying may not be appropriate or you don't know if it's allowed, DON'T SAY IT. It's most likely that it is against the rules, and you will face the punishments.

Keep in mind that there's a big difference between staff abusing and a mistake. The staff members contribute their all to helping you and keeping your gameplay environment clean.There will be mistakes, whether it's the wrong mute or you weren't given the warning, especially to the newer staff members who are still learning how to deal with a player slowly but surely. Give all new staff members a grace period, to let them learn how to moderate properly. Real staff abuse is abusing commands, perms etc. ON PURPOSE because they don't like that player etc. (*You'll need proper proof to backup your report) So please double check your reports and ask yourself,

"Is this report even necessary?"
"Is this just a simple mistake or Staff abuse?"
"Do I have good enough proof?"

Ignore & Enjoy!
If a community member disrespects you or makes you infuriated, it's best to just ignore that player. Minevast is a veryy competitive server. If a player is angry in the public chat because you've killed him or raided their base, please ignore them and leave the discussion closed. Replying to that player will just build more of a conversation and lead to rule breaking such as inappropriate language or caps, that will result in a punishment. Example - If someone says "You hack, you suck at PVP!" you should simply ignore them and continue on what you're doing. Everytime someone gets killed in PVP, their first objective is to "trash talk" and disrespect the player who killed them. Now remember, there's an exception for trash talking related to factions and nothing major. Saying "You PVP is bad" will be said quite a lot especially in this gamemode. Please be ready to ignore that player and continue what you're doing.

We advise you not to Hackusate in the chat as this may result in the hacker turning off their hacks. Please quickly report the player with clear video proof, in the Report A Player section so a higher up staff member can dealt with the player. There's no use in accusing players for hacking, as they may not even be.

Thank you all so much for making Minevast experience . We hope we'll continue to enjoy this pixelated/square adventure even more c:

- Syn / Corey.