iSatOnApenguin - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by iSatOnApenguin, Nov 8, 2017.

1. iSatOnApenguin

iSatOnApenguin Forum Master

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Ninjalv9000
    Your Minecraft username
    iSatOnApenguin

What server are you applying for

Creative

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Alex

Location (or timezone)
    Eastern European (Nicosia,Cyprus)

---------------------------------------------

Why do you aspire to become staff?
    Manacube has been one of my favorite servers for a long time and now is my favorite server of all time, over the time I've been on Manacube I've met a ton of fantastic people and some of them being the amazing staff members of this server. This is what makes me want to become staff, I want to be just like the awesome staff on the server who I've watched in action and have talked to them when they were free, they are always nice and are quick to act when something happens. I want to be able to help people more and assist them with any issues that they might be having, this would also help me work more quickly and efficiently when it comes to difficult situations which I am sure will come in handy. I would love to help this server and its community in any way possible and want to watch it grow and grow with it and the amazing people on this server.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I have played on Manacube for about 2 years but that does include the times when it was still Minevast.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    About 1-4 hours on Mondays and Tuesdays, 3-8 hours on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays, 1-3 hours on Fridays though sometimes I might not be able to come on and 2-6 hours on Saturdays

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    Friendly; I am not a person who enjoys being rude and disrespectful to people. I am a kind person and try to be as nice as possible to a person. This could help the creative server have a friendlier environment, people would enjoy playing on this server and even recommend it to other friends creating a massive web that will keep bringing new people to the server.

Knowledge; Throughout the two years that I have been on Manacube (including the time when it was still minevast) I have learned most of the commands when it comes to worldedit, pets, and trails this will allow me to help people with any questions and issues they might have about commands. (Though there are some commands I am still just finding out about)

Patience; I would say that I am patient and it is very hard to get me mad or annoy me. This would allow me to work pretty well with difficult people or people with annoying habits this would also allow me to help with issues that are time-consuming.

Maturity; I am mature and know when I can joke around and have fun with friends and when I have to act professional and serious. I think this is very important when being a staff member because they must always be ready to act and not get carried away. This also allows me to take constructive criticism, put it to use and try to improve instead of acting like I know everything and make up different excuses.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    1: During group work (usually projects), I have been put in groups with people that are very unorganized people.I had to take things into my own hands and organize when and where we should meet if we had to, create a group so we can all communicate with each other and go buy most of the materials that we would need. This shows some leadership qualities that can come in useful.

2: I enjoy participating in events, I have participated in swimming and dancing competitions, I have also tried out different lessons, like chess, archery, judo, and karate. I want to show that I am willing to try out new things and am open-minded. I want to improve on my mistakes and would love to get constructive criticism to try and improve.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    Persistence; I am persistent and never give especially when it has to do with difficult situations. If there is a problem that could take a long time to find a solution, I will try my best to try and solve it, this also applies to any people who are having difficulties I will do everything in my power to help them and will not stop until their issues have been solved, not only that but I will also try my best to help with resolving any disputes between people even if the two people are difficult and are blaming each other I will try to get their fight resolved and punish the person at fault.

Knowledge; Throughout the two years that I have been on Manacube (including the time when it was still minevast) I have learned most of the commands when it comes to worldedit, pets, and trails this will allow me to help people with any questions they have about command. (Though there are some commands I am still just finding out about)

Integrity; Integrity or honesty is an attribute that all staff members should have in my opinion. A staff member must always be honest when there is an issue, they cannot lie about an event that they had witnessed for their own benefit or to benefit the person who has broken a rule because they are friends. This could cause major problems which will ruin the community's experience on the server a person who might have had nothing to do with anything might get muted or even banned for no reason just because the staff member tried to cover up for a friend. This also has to do if they had done something wrong, they should be honest and say that they did something wrong instead of blaming it on another person.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    I think the role of a staff member is to be like a helping hand to other people, they must be kind and elegant and be able to help you when you are having trouble and be like a friend to you, but must also act strictly when the time is needed and punish any rule-breakers. They need to also be able to assist and welcome newer members to the server and show them the basics, help people with any of their issues that they might be having, like how to get a plot or any other commands or give someone plots back because they changed their name. A staff member needs to also be able to multitask being able to keep track of the chat while also while also helping out people with any of there problems and must be able to enforce the rules in a way which will make people follow them and be able to understand that there are consequences if they are broken.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes, I use a program called Icecream screen recorder. The quality is quite good, gathering information with it is also easy as it is simple to use the program.

Anything else we should know?

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Emerald~

VIP

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Great staff application! Few little things though.

For starters, I can see you aren't lying about being apart of the community by your join date and the amount of posts you have, so great job sticking around that far!

There are a few grammatical errors in this application. There are some typos here and there, which is alright, we aren't perfect, but double check your work.

I feel like some of what you said is unoriginal, and that a lot of other's have said the same in the past. So be careful, come up with something original, and take some time to think. Other than that, good staff application, and I wish you best of luck!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. iSatOnApenguin

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Ninjalv9000
    Thank you for the feedback! I have gone over it and fixed some of the grammatical errors, but I am a bit confused about the part where you said that I copied a paragraph and then pasted it into the attribute section, I have gone through the application multiple times but I was not able to find the paragraph which you said I copied.

4. Emerald~

VIP

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Yeah I don't see it either, I must've double read a paragraph by accident. Sorry about that. Ignore that part of my comment :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Disco

Moderator MVP VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    Alexxxx!!!
    As a fellow European I see you a lot on the creative server; you are very active and kind, and you are always very quick to respond to any questions players may have. I always see you contributing positively to the server and it is obvious how much you care for it. Since your last application you have also grown as a person, and I think you deserve a spot on the ManaCube staff team.
    I hope to work with you soon < 3
    - The Princess of Fire, Jack c;
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  6. GirlOnFire7412

Ratings:
    +17 / 11
    Definitely A +1 from me! This is very well thought out and I'm glad to see that you applied for staff. You are always very kind, helpful, and supportive of the players in the ManaCube community. You do deserve the role of a staff member. You are on almost any time that I am and I remember having a conversation with you. You show the qualities of a staff member. Best of luck you deserve it.
    -Lacy

• Like Like x 1
  7. iSatOnApenguin

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Ninjalv9000
    Thank you so much, Jack! <3
    Thank you, Lacy, Really appreciate the feedback! <3

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 2:00 AM
  8. Ryanminty123

Moderator Donator

Ratings:
    +73 / 3
    Heya Alex, I think you're a really nice person and a nice player and I think you'd make a good addition to the manacube staff team! For sure a +1 from me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. iSatOnApenguin

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Ninjalv9000
    Thank you, Ryan! <3

• Like Like x 1
  10. JiggleJigglePop

VIP+

Ratings:
    +17 / 9
    +1
    Your active and you have great buildings (thats what I love most about you)
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Klimest

VIP

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    Alex,

You are very kind, and from previous experiences and encounters, you are very active. You are on when I am on and seem to be pretty cool. Your application has a lot of good detail, which I expect of a staff member. Though, within these words are much typical sentences to fill the application. But otherwise great job.

+1

-Klime

quaaccccc

• Like Like x 1
  12. iSatOnApenguin

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Ninjalv9000
    Thank you Jiggle, though I wouldn't say my buildings are great. :p <3
    Thank you Klime! <3

13. Mega