Rejected [Medium] Deserted: by SwiftLee and RobotzMan

SwiftLee

Ratings
18 9
We bring you, yet, another course for the medium level'ed parkour courses. This one is themed as a desert temple, with all sorts of platforms, ladder jumps, fence jumps, and double-jumps, for users who want a medium-sized challenge. The course is comprised of 49 jumps that have each been tested thoroughly, and are all complete-able (3 checkpoints). The course was created by SwiftLee and RobotzMan, the owners of the current Lollipop Parkour! This parkour brings a different theme and style to the table, and we want everyone in the community to enjoy our work! Please take a few moments to look at the following photographs:

Quick re-cap: 49 jumps, 3 checkpoints, ladders, fences, double-jumps, platforms, and desert temple themed.

The parkour can be found at: /warp desertedPK!

Thank you for taking your time to view this course! We really appreciate it!

- SwiftLee and RobotzMan

DaTNTBoy

Dedicated Member
VIP
6YearOld
6YearOld
VIP
Ratings
53 10
All the blocks in the parkour are acacia logs, red sandstone, and acacia fences, anything more?
What the parkour felt like was just a normal parkour jumping from block to block nothing really that exciting. Just look at the parkour does it look like a nice, detailed, themed, exciting parkour?
Not really.
But I especially enjoyed the theme and also the fences. Its a great difficulty for the parkour.
Anyways my point here is to start working on the parkour more so it can feel exciting and have a strong topic like make a small deserted temple or something very similar to that.

(not a parkour judge)

SwiftLee

Ratings
18 9
Will add more detail in a little, I just got home, thank you for your honest and helpful feedback!

UPDATE: Parkour theme has been completely revamped. Added a temple and a mixture of new blocks for a stronger and more believable theme!

Last edited:

SwiftLee

Ratings
18 9
Thanks for the positive feedback, RobotzMan and I really enjoy putting our work out their for the entertainment of the community!

Nixi

Dedicated Member
Mapper
Ratings
62 3
This looks amazing, but do you guys (@SwiftLee and @RobotzMan) know, how does the parkour start? Do you jump to the temple or just walk? Because if you just walk, the temple will not fit to parkour server (if the temple is not side by side to the corridor where you go to levels). :rolleyes:

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Sadly, your map has been rejected!

Reasons for this include:

• For me, personally, the theme felt very confused. You wanted to be a desert temple, that was evident by the start of the parkour. But the actual parkour did not make me think of a desert temple. The Acacia wood did not really mix well with the stone and sandstone of the level. It felt very jarring and stood out in a bad way.
  • The parkour itself was okay, but I just felt more structure was needed. We had floating sandstone platforms... But that still doesn't seem like a desert "Temple."
I personally hold design and realism very dearly when reviewing maps, and I hope you will be able to meet my rather high standards, as I know you can.

~ Billy