Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,745 83
Hey guys,

So at around 8AM EST our box shut down, and was offline the whole day. I was in school and wasn't aware, or would have able to bring it back up. When I got the box back online, there was a huge corruption involving the Permissions files on all the servers. After 6 straight hours of restoring as much information from backups and re-formatting the Pex files, we were able to un-whitelist some of the servers.

At 1AM EST, I did a scheduled restart saving all the data to the box. Any information or data from around 1:05AM - 7:30AM EST were lost. Also if you were one of the 25 players online at 7:30AM, or when the box initially came back online for 3 minutes, there are chances that your data was wiped on the server you were playing on. If this is the case, please send me a private message and I'll do my best to confirm and re-store your things.

Factions is having some issues with mcore, and Chatex. We're doing our best to resolve these issues, however there are chances that it may not be un-whitelisted tonight. There are also reports of Kitpvp Vast Vaults being empty. We believe this is due to the cause that they were online during the crash stages. Don't worry though, a huge update is almost ready and should be released this weekend. Yes, there will be a reset. Don't think of it as a reset though, i'm sure you're going to love this update!

On Parkour I believe there was a Rank Rollback for from 3-4 days ago. I'm not quite sure how this happened, but i'm currently trying to fix this.

If you are missing your Donator Rank on any server, please send me or Dynsalir a private message or a forum post.

I'm sorry for these recent occurrences, and to prevent something like this from ever happening again, we will be doing daily network backups, as well as saving all data to the box every 10 minutes.

To try and cheer things up,
I'll be hosting a drop party on every server from 8pm - 9pm EST Saturday. There is also a double EXP weekend on the last weekend of October, and a giveaway on October 31st

Edit: If you lost something please send an email to [email protected]. If would like to discuss it on Skype IM instead my username is live:minevast

Edit #2:

While our box unexpectedly shut down, the player factions were corrupted :(. We were left with 4 possible outcomes.
A) Reset the factions
- Although there would not be much point, as we will be doing a full reset within 1-2 weeks anyways once Factions 3.0 is completed.

B) Try to fix the corruption.
- This is highly unlikely that we will succeed, and will overall waste more time. I was wanting to release the Kitpvp update this weekend, but just lost 2 days of potential grinding days to this incident. The update may come out Saturday, if not Sunday.

C) Rollback the player factions 1 month
- Don't really like this option

D) Whitelist the server for 1-2 weeks
- During these 1-2 weeks we will finish up the Kitpvp update and put full attention to Factions. We will also be able to copy over some of the new updates from Kitpvp to factions reducing the time to release. I am personally very excited to release Factions 3.0. A lot of time has been spent planning the update, as well as over 4-5 months of work put into the new Map by Saxibus.

The Staff of Minevast have though D to be the best option for everyone, and we will be whitelisting the server till hopefully late October, or if we're lucky, next week.

So sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Ratings
I'm sure it's been brought up more than once, but I think some data from farther back than this morning was lost. I last played creative at around 10:00 pm EST yesterday. My plot has reverted to at least 24 hours ago. Thank you for your efforts to repair the problem. I realize that sometimes it can't be helped.

Mariomash1VG

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
47 11
Dacon could you do the drop party on the weekend cause i cant be there tommorow
Yes, @Dacon please on a weekend, and at around midday :)
Edit: can you make one of thos countdown things on one of those websites and provide the link so we can calculate exactly when that is in our time? :)
DOUBLE EDIT: thanks for informing us of all this, I was really confused when I got on MC today lucky TS servers didn't go down :)
TRIPLE EDIT: double exp is regarding kitpvp, skyblock, factions, anything that involves exp gaining, right? So exp bottles will give double explorers on kitpvp correct? :/ I got so much to say lol

Last edited:

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,745 83
Yes, @Dacon please on a weekend, and at around midday :)
Edit: can you make one of thos countdown things on one of those websites and provide the link so we can calculate exactly when that is in our time? :)
DOUBLE EDIT: thanks for informing us of all this, I was really confused when I got on MC today lucky TS servers didn't go down :)
TRIPLE EDIT: double exp is regarding kitpvp, skyblock, factions, anything that involves exp gaining, right? So exp bottles will give double explorers on kitpvp correct? :/ I got so much to say lol
Ok, drop party changed to Saturday 8pm EST
Yes, double EXP will apply to anything that gives you EXP.

Also i've helped a handful of people with lost items, but I have 2 tests and an assignment due tomorrow, so getting off for the night

Mariomash1VG

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
47 11
I just checked, I need the following:
Adept rank (Parkour)
Mapper rank ( skywars you gave me it a month or so back)
Skyblock VIP and repair (skyblock I got repair and skyblock VIP with gems)
Legend Rank on all servers (including parkour, Plus I need my parkour legend gems and the golden helmet)
I know your going to be overflowed dacon, so take it slowly, I can wait :)

Happy

Donator
Ratings
I was O in prison server now im F can I get my rank back?

Ratings
Though I haven't been on at about 7:30am EST (as I probably was sleeping, I need to check my timezones), I noticed my Creative plot was reverted to when it was griefed. (my current plot, that is after I cleared it) Do you mind rolling it back to what it was like yesterday? Thanks! ;)

Knightsurge

Donator
Ratings
5 3
Dacon I also lost some ranks. I lost warrior on kitpvp and Vip on skyblock I don't know the date but I think I got them on the weekend, and my ign is knightsurge

My VIP status in skyblock has been revoked to MV due to the server rollback, I purchased it about a week ago, with the /suicide command and also lost my rank ok prison, in which I was rank Q. My IGN is Kakutasu. Thanks in advance!

Ratings
Dacon, I lost my VIP rank in Prison (And everything else, but I don't really care) and rank M. I also lost my second plot from the losing the VIP thing, and someone claimed it. Is there a way to get it back?

Careening

Dedicated Member
VIP
Careening
Careening
VIP
Ratings
112 2
In Creative, I had Permanent Advanced World Edit, now I can't do Advanced W/e commands like "//undo" or "//brush …", however, I can do simple W/e commands such as "//wand" and "//set (block)". I believe I have basic W/e now. So if you could help me get back Perm. Adv. W/e that would be great(I need it to start a new plot for a grade)! If you can't give me Perm. Adv. W/e then can you at least refund me my 120 gems so I can attempt to buy it from "/shop"? Anyway, I know you have others who have bigger problems, so minorities this problem if you need. Thanks anyway! I'm excited for the new update though! Bai!

~Careening

mckeeni

Donator
Ratings
48 2
Sorry to bother you, Dacon. But I hate not being able to do insane courses.

What I lost: Prison: rank N + Vast
Parkour: Pro
And for some reason I have sponsor on Creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.