OP Skyblock?

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
I posted a thread similar to this months ago, but I thought it would be a good time to update it based on changes that have already happened and re-post it. I would love the idea of a true OP Skyblock. These are some of the things I’d love to see in the event an OP Skyblock came to the server. (Just a warning, this post is really long. Also, I do edit this from time to time so if you notice a few odd things in this post that don't make sense for when I originally wrote this, that’s probably why.)​

1. OP Islands: Previous servers I've played on have had a pre-made island (or multiple pre-made islands) you could buy at the Skyblock spawn for a certain amount of in-game money. These islands would be much bigger and way more detailed than the regular islands you can choose from when first starting out on Skyblock, and can be priced based on the size of the island and how detailed it is (We’re talking $3,000,000+ in-game money, so these islands would be pretty amazing islands).
Side Note: Something I'd like to possibly see is an "Island Creation" competition, where the winner of this competition and the 2nd and 3rd place winners could have their island featured as some of the OP islands you could buy in-game. Even if it isn’t a guaranteed win for me, it’s still something I’d like to participate in at the very least.​

2. /shop Changes: I think that along with the possible addition of an OP server, we should get to see some changes to the shop, primarily to the kinds of things we can sell/buy. I would love to be able to sell things like redstone, diamonds, and emeralds or buy things like acacia wood, dark oak wood, or netherbrick/netherrack.

3. Island Advertisement: I think it'd be fun to have someplace in spawn for people to advertise their island if they wanted to. Some sort of NPC could be set up so that when you click on it, it brings up the advertisement menu. People could bid with in-game money to have an advertisement; the top 5 or 10 people with the highest bid would get those spots and the people who got out-bidded would have their money returned to them. The people who won would have their heads show up in the NPC menu, and if someone clicked on the head of that person they would automatically warp to the person's island. This would be great for people with island shops or something that people have for the rest of the people on the server. We could also possibly create an alternative advertisement area for players who aren’t so popular that follows the same basic set-up as the one just explained. We could randomly select newer and/or less popular players based on the amount of time they’ve played, how active they are, etc. These players can then get advertised automatically, without having to bid or anything, increasing traffic to their islands and allowing them to get a little attention.

4. New Manashop (or Rank) Additions: I think the addition of two new perks to Manashop would be awesome. One would be /bottle super, and it would work just like /bottle get max does but instead of giving you several stacks of regular exp bottles, it would turn all of your exp into one super bottle. You can use the super bottle just like regular exp bottles (putting them on the auction house, using them for exp, etc.), but the only difference is the amount of exp they hold. I also would like to possibly see /withdraw added. /withdraw would be the command for bank notes, which is another thing I'd love to see on the server. If you're unfamiliar with bank notes, the command works by entering the command and a number, and it would take that much money out of your balance and then put a paper in your inventory. When right clicked, it can return that money to your balance or it can be traded and someone else can use it.

5. Weekly/Monthly Competitions: Every week (or every month) there should be an official competition for the Skyblock community. The competitions can be anything, like who can gain the most island level in a week or something like a baking competition where people have to try and collect certain food items in game without buying the items from the shop (items include cake, pumpkin pie, a stack of raw beef, etc.). Because these kinds of events would happen often enough I don’t think giving out tags or anything major is justifiable, but I do think that the winners of these competitions would get in game items as a prize for winning. Things like in game money, spawners, or another prize. One thing that would be cool to see on this would be competitions like there were in the first week or 2 of Survival S3.

6. Other Changes: Three minor things I’d like to see changed are putting signs on chests, possibly getting more colors for chat, and the difficulty of Skyblock in general. The private signs on chests get annoying because it automatically privates the chests when I don't always want them to be that way. Maybe this could be replaced with a command or something you write on the sign yourself (like /lock). As far as chat colors go, a lot of people would like more variety in the color chat. I've namely seen red/pink or purple. I personally would like to see a nice shade of blue. Finally, I think Skyblock is too easy, especially for the "wallet warriors" who buy a ton of keys and stuff at the beginning of the season. Said "wallet warriors" pretty much dominate the entire season and it doesn't really give others a good chance to catch up. I think that making Skyblock harder in general would be good because then there is more of a challenge to get top island, most money, etc.

Things I'd like to See Outside of OP Skyblock:

1. "Mob Whacker": A Mob Whacker is something that could help users who have stacked mobs in their grinders or farms. Instead of wasting a large amount of time trying to kill them all, they have the option of purchasing one of these (either from the official ManaCube store or in-game) to kill the mobs. The Mob Whacker could start off by only killing a smaller number of mobs every time said mobs get hit with it, but could be upgrade-able (using something like in-game money or levels) to upgrade it and increase the number of animals/mobs that get killed. I was thinking this Mob Whacker could somehow be it's own weapon in-game but it alternatively could be added in as a custom enchant to put on weapons and could used with other enchants, like Looting, Fire Aspect, Rage, and Inquisitive.
Side Note: When I say the Mob Whacker could be it's own weapon in-game, I mean it could take the shape of a different item but act as a weapon. I've only ever played one server that had some form of a Mob Whacker but their version of it looked like a blaze rod and acted like a sword. If that makes any sense.​

2. Purchasable Island Upgrades: I know that a while ago island expansions were added to shop, but it would be cool to see other island upgrades added to shop. Examples could be hopper increases and minions. I know that we already experimented with minion like things a while ago and that didn't really turn out the way it was supposed to, but I think that it could be used as a learning experience and we could try again. This was a popular topic of discussion at some point, but a terraform wand would be a cool thing to add. It would be just like the wand in creative, but helps build on your island and uses materials from your inventory to do it.

Anyways, now that I've written everybody's eyes off..... I'd like to know what other people think.

Last edited:

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
^^ That;s partially what I'm hoping will happen. I know a lot of people are kind of craving something more in Skyblock, and I think that these additions, or at least some of them, will help with that.

Last edited:

sparkypi

MVP+
sparkypi
sparkypi
MVP+
Ratings
1. I'm not sure about purchasing islands, but the island building competition sounds nice.
2. Maybe put these changes and additions into vip shop?
3. Lol, good idea, but I think most people would just go to gumleaf's island anyways XD. Jk, though, I like this idea.
4. Not sure how well /bottle super would work in actual coding terms, but it would be nice. /withdraw, though, I have seen on other servers and it's great for game shows or drop parties, both of which I occasionally host.
5. This would be worth like, $20 in the store, though people would still buy it. Too OP, it would cut the value of ce's by way too much if you made it too readily available.
6. Sounds like a really good idea! Maybe you could put an npc at spawn to submit items (right click it and they're taken out of your inventory into a tally) for item-making competitions, or have the staff be judges in building/other competitions, or make a "judge" tag for certain people who prove their worth and trustworthiness so we don't bother the staff too much.
7. This is a good idea too, but the trouble is making new and creative missions without having people just completing the same missions, but slightly harder every level. That can get to be very boring when you're on "Builder: Level 10" :p.
8. Not sure about the terraform wand, but I'm sure every single person on Skyblock wants more hoppers. This is definitely a thing that should be considered.
9. Signs on chests: Yes Please!
Chat colors: Maybe in perk chest? You could easily add 5 more perks just by making Red, Blue, Green, Purple, and Pink permanent colors for you to choose with /color. Also, that's $15 per person for the store from each person who wants them all.
Cost of ce's: I think they're at good levels, personally. Not sure how others think, but inquisitive 3 ce makes it pretty easy to get them. Besides that though, they're at good levels and ranges apart, in my opinion. The point is to make them hard to get because they're so valuable.
10. Overall, some good ideas! Not sure how many Dacon would accept or how many are realistic, but these would be some nice additions to the next season of Skyblock!

SinnerStar

MVP+
Ratings
75 2
I posted a thread similar to this months ago, but I thought it would be a good time to update it based on changes that have already happened and re-post it. I would love the idea of a true OP Skyblock server. These are some of the things I’d love to see in the event an OP Skyblock came to the server.​

1. OP Islands: Previous servers I've played on have had a pre-made island (or multiple pre-made islands) you could buy at the Skyblock spawn for a certain amount of in-game money. These islands would be much bigger and way more detailed than the regular islands you can choose and can be priced based on the size of the island and how detailed it is (We’re talking $3,000,000+ in-game money, so these islands would be pretty amazing islands).
Side Note: Something I'd like to possibly see is an "Island Creation" competition, where the winner of this competition and the 2nd and 3rd place winners could have their island featured as some of the OP islands you could buy in-game. Even if it isn’t a guaranteed win for me, it’s still something I’d like to participate in at the very least.
2. Shop Changes: I think that along with the possible addition of an OP server, we should get to see some changes to the shop, primarily to the kinds of things we can sell/buy. I would love to be able to sell things like redstone, diamonds, and emeralds or buy things like acacia wood or netherbrick.

3. Island Advertisement: I think it'd be fun to have someplace in spawn for people to advertise their island if they wanted to. Some sort of NPC could be set up so that when you click on it, it brings up the advertisement menu. People could bid with in-game money to have an advertisement; the top 5 or 10 people with the highest bid would get those spots and the people who got out-bidded would have their money returned to them. The people who won would have their heads show up in the NPC menu, and if someone clicked on the head of that person they would automatically warp to the person's island. This would be great for people with island shops or something that people have for the rest of the people on the server. We could also possibly create an alternative advertisement area for players who aren’t so popular that follows the same basic set-up as the one just explained. We could randomly select newer and/or less popular players based on the amount of time they’ve played, how active they are, etc. These players can then get advertised automatically, without having to bid or anything, increasing traffic to their islands and allowing them to get a little attention.

4. New Manashop Additions: I think the addition of two new perks to Manashop would be awesome. One would be /bottle super, and it would work just like /bottle get max does but instead of giving you several stacks of regular exp bottles, it would turn all of your exp into one super bottle. You can use the super bottle just like regular exp bottles (putting them on the auction house, using them for exp, etc.), but the only difference is the amount of exp they hold. I also would like to possibly see /withdraw added. /withdraw works by entering the command and a number, and it would take that much money out of your balance and then put a paper in your inventory. When right clicked, it can return that money to your balance or it can be traded and someone else can use it.

5. "Mob Whacker": A Mob Whacker is something that could help users who have stacked mobs in their grinders or farms. Instead of wasting a large amount of time trying to kill them all, they have the option of purchasing one of these (either from the official ManaCube store or in-game) to kill the mobs. The Mob Whacker could start off by only killing a smaller number of mobs every time said mobs get hit with it, but could be upgrade-able (using something like in-game money or levels) to upgrade it and increase the number of animals/mobs that get killed. I was thinking this Mob Whacker could somehow be it's own weapon in-game but it alternatively could be added in as a custom enchant to put on weapons and could used with other enchants, like "Looting", "Fire Aspect", or one of the previously mentioned custom enchants.
Side Note: When I say the Mob Whacker could be it's own weapon in-game, I mean it could take the shape of a different item but act as a weapon. I've only ever played one server that had some form of a Mob Whacker but their version of it looked like a blaze rod and acted like a sword. If that makes any sense.​

6. Weekly/Monthly Competitions: Every week (or every month) there should be an official competition for the Skyblock community. The competitions can be anything, like who can gain the most island level in a week or something like a baking competition where people have to try and collect certain food items in game without buying the items from the shop (items include cake, pumpkin pie, a stack of raw beef, etc.). Because these kinds of events would happen often enough I don’t think giving out tags or anything like that is justifiable, but I do think that the winners of these competitions would get in game items as a prize for winning. Things like in game money, spawners, or another prize.

7. New Challenges/Quests: I know that Skyblock recently reset, so not everyone has completed the normal challenges yet. However, last season a good portion of people had them completed within a two or three month time span and really had nothing to do outside of doing normal Skyblock things. There needs to be some sort of new questline or something added to keep people busy.

8. Purchasable Island Upgrades: I know that recently island expansions were added to shop, but it would be cool to see other island upgrades added to shop. An example would be hopper increases (increases the number of hoppers you can have on your island), or a terraform wand (which helps build on your island and uses materials from your inventory to do it).

9. Other Changes: Three minor things I’d like to see changed are putting signs on chests, possibly getting more colors for chat, and the difficulty of Skyblock in general. The private signs on chests get annoying because it automatically privates the chests when I don't always want them to be that way. Removing that would also be useful for chest shops. As far as chat colors go, a lot of people would like more variety in the color chat. I've namely seen red/pink or purple. I personally would like to see a nice shade of blue. I think Skyblock is too easy, especially for the "wallet warriors" who buy a ton of keys and stuff at the beginning of the season. Said "wallet warriors" pretty much dominate the entire season and it doesn't really give others a good chance to catch up. I think that making Skyblock harder in general would be good because then there is more of a challenge to get top island, most money, etc. (Unlike at the time of writing this, (2 months in) people already have over 600,000 island level and 100 mil.)

Anyways, now that I've written everybody's eyes off..... I'd like to know what other people think.
I'll be honest this isn't bad at all, this will ne interested to see everyone trying it out and those who had quit sb due to it being boring.
[DOUBLEPOST=1508557784][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll be honest this isn't bad at all, this will ne interested to see everyone trying it out and those who had quit sb due to it being boring.
Wow my spelling...ah!

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
I've seen so many people in chat saying that some of this stuff would be awesome to actually have in game, ik it'll bring people back or make people more interested

Tylewr

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Tylewr
Tylewr
ELITE
Ratings
125 2
I feel like they could just add some of this to the normal skyblock in a new reset. It doesn't have to be OP

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
That's true, they could just add some of that stuff into normal skyblock. Personally I like having the option between something more normal and something a little more extra, that's the main reason why I'm asking for a 2nd Skyblock game mode for all this.

Tylewr

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Tylewr
Tylewr
ELITE
Ratings
125 2
I agree but in my opinion there are not enough people that play skyblock to make a second skyblock server. Just look at Islands that was basically a second skyblock server and it isn't very popular.