Server maybe could use a reset?

Do you think that it's time for a reset soon?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ratings
8 2
Okay! So I realize that this is always a heavily debated and possibly heated topic on some servers, but conveniently I've added a poll to gather your responses. :) Just curious how you all feel and would like to spill my opinion onto this forum post (in a properly disorganized fasion).

On with my mini-rant!

---------------

Let me get this out of the way - I really understand how it feels to join at the "end" of the season, (which I hear we are far from a reset anyway) but I feel like a lot of players have collectively reached a point where the game is starting to offer limitations on advancement. Now it's kind of changing and adapting into what feels like an "op skyblock" setting, which I'm not necessarily opposed to, but the server wasn't really set up that way.

I'm attached to my island as anyone else, but with the making of all the public grinders, players suddenly found a way to jump up in the world of money making. Soon the sought after rare enchants weren't super hard to get for the newer players. The people who had already established themselves had begun to get bored of grinding for the enchants to work on whatever it may be, so they suddenly started to invest hundreds of thousands of their personal money into enchant books! This was really great for the lower tiered players, and actually a part of the skyblock aspect that I enjoyed because it helped reduce any unsurpassable gaps in terms of relative money and is value gaps. But it kind of spurred on this wave of players that were suddenly starting to get relatively rich in terms of all of the shop prices.

Now a lot of players are beginning to hit server limits, as I eluded to earlier. For example, buying ig's and their effectiveness kind of caps after like 100 igs. It's created a rather interesting situation in that iron farm design may eventually be the determining factor of eventual wealth.

I've tried very hard with some different designs, and it may very well be me just being salty with my failure that's brought this about, but I still kinda think that I'm right.

In short I hate and love entity stacking. Ideally, When killing an iron golem stack it would kill them all and drop all of the iron, but now that'd be kinda broken with all the 250k-2/3mil ig stacks.

I dunno, I'm a little inarticulate tonight and kinda tired, so I probably shouldn't try to write all of this out now. I'm sure that there are some other factors towards why I feel that this skyblock season has kind of capped out in relation to it's interesting qualities, but I'll let you guys just tear me up in replies to figure out what holes are in my argument cuz I'm to lazy right now.

Seriously though, feedback is genuinely appreciated. This is as much a rant as it is me just kind of wondering and gathering some opinions. You may even end up changing my mind.

EDIT: Last night when writing this I failed to put enough emphasis that I was looking for a reset with some sort of a rework. Just feels like the server is a bit broken in some aspects :)

Last edited:

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2
Now. Sky block did recently undergo a reset. So having another one so soon isn't all too likely. However, with some of your points. I do agree upon. I believe a ce on your sword that allows the killing of two-three at a time would be great.

Sophie(413)

Ratings
90 4
Well, Skyblock has recently been reset, as said above, so it's probably out of the question for some people.

But I do agree that sometimes there isn't a ton to do, like beating other islands in power, idk, they're pretty high xD Especially the islands really high up there with literally towers and big platforms of like iron etc.. United, just pointing it out because I'm part of it, there are towers filled with diamonds, anything really.. But the other members of th island, none of us are really on!

Personally, I haven't been on in.. a while, I've been taking a break of MC of what happened recently.. plz don't ask about it.. But when I was on, I just felt there was hardly anything to do!

TheMajesticRice

ELITE
TheMajesticRice
TheMajesticRice
ELITE
Ratings
38 3
Well, Skyblock has recently been reset, as said above, so it's probably out of the question for some people.

But I do agree that sometimes there isn't a ton to do, like beating other islands in power, idk, they're pretty high xD Especially the islands really high up there with literally towers and big platforms of like iron etc.. United, just pointing it out because I'm part of it, there are towers filled with diamonds, anything really.. But the other members of th island, none of us are really on!

Personally, I haven't been on in.. a while, I've been taking a break of MC of what happened recently.. plz don't ask about it.. But when I was on, I just felt there was hardly anything to do!

As much as I see your point, I started into this season on august 12th and I'm #1 on MCMMO Top, Top 10 of the islands, and #1-10 on various other leaderboards already. So it's possible to beat them, and there's tons to do. But I'm a diehard fan of minecraft and love competing for the #1 spot, so maybe my opinion is a little bias :p

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2
As much as I see your point, I started into this season on august 12th and I'm #1 on MCMMO Top, Top 10 of the islands, and #1-10 on various other leaderboards already. So it's possible to beat them, and there's tons to do. But I'm a diehard fan of Minecraft and love competing for the #1 spot, so maybe my opinion is a little bias :p
Hey, WalkProud. When I play on Islands. My main focus is #1 on mctop. After doing so. I realized "Dang, I have nothing to do." So forget the statistics. Do what you want, and how you want it. Start making builds that work with your island. Upgrade your ig farms. Whatever, it doesn't matter. Play it like you'd want to play it.

TheMajesticRice

ELITE
TheMajesticRice
TheMajesticRice
ELITE
Ratings
38 3
Hey, WalkProud. When I play on Islands. My main focus is #1 on mctop. After doing so. I realized "Dang, I have nothing to do." So forget the statistics. Do what you want, and how you want it. Start making builds that work with your island. Upgrade your ig farms. Whatever, it doesn't matter. Play it like you'd want to play it.
I can focus on #1 island on the leaderboards and still beat everyone at everything else :p No need to do much else. Its like 2nd nature for me lol