Server reset

ExTreMisTz

ELITE
ExTreMisTz
ExTreMisTz
ELITE
Ratings
More people would play if part of our base get saved in a way during server reset. maybe not grinders or money moaking stuff but actual building designs.

TeamJacob

Earth Mod+
Moderator+
TeamJacob
TeamJacob
Mod+
Ratings
285 17
I'm not sure how that would work if you could "transfer" the build in game, like I think that would partially defeat the purpose of a server reset.. however I have seen other servers put the old map up to download for a period of time, meaning players that want to keep their build for themselves could download the map and still be able to view things on the map after the reset but in a single player world.

ExTreMisTz

ELITE
ExTreMisTz
ExTreMisTz
ELITE
Ratings
I'm not sure how that would work if you could "transfer" the build in game, like I think that would partially defeat the purpose of a server reset.. however I have seen other servers put the old map up to download for a period of time, meaning players that want to keep their build for themselves could download the map and still be able to view things on the map after the reset but in a single player world.
Yea I get what you mean, but I think there should be a way of transferring building in Minecraft. But its just a long process, I really like this server but server resets just hurt too much and therefore I wont want to commit into building anymore. Knowing that it will be all gone one day. I mean this server is one of the top ones, and I think if the team will be able to do something about it. It will definitely have more loyal players and even attract new ones.

TeamJacob

Earth Mod+
Moderator+
TeamJacob
TeamJacob
Mod+
Ratings
285 17
Yeah I definitely understand (as the realm I play on is getting reset after just 4 short months) it hurts to see all the builds/progress you made go away. There is so many reasons for a server to reset however;
- Economy; A big part of the server reset is due to the economy growth and to help newer players be on an equal playing field as the older ones.
- World Generation; For example if the world never reset the world would be from for example "1.12" meaning all the new ores and blocks would not be able to be naturally obtainable.
- Plug-in Support; after a while of a version being outdated there's not nearly as much support to old plug-ins.

With any reset always bring in new players and brings back old players who may have gotten bored before. This can help keep a community growing.

With what you said about transferring builds, I just don't see that as feasible. There's so many players and there would be no way to transfer builds for all of them. This server does something that I've never seen before though with vaultable items. If you don't want to spend IRL money on keys I see vaultable items go up for sale quite regularly for in-game money. buying some of these can give you an advantage after a reset by already having good tools/weapons/armor.

ExTreMisTz

ELITE
ExTreMisTz
ExTreMisTz
ELITE
Ratings
True true. I agree with whatever you said. It is hard, but look at hypixel, i am playing that server of course. It never resets, and therefore they got many loyal players there. I understand its hard and there are more pros than cons in doing what i requested. Just hoping that there will be possibility where it might happen if many people actually wants it. I know it is super hard to do especially when it is on survival. well was just clearing my doubts, thanks :)

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
962 435
I do want to do a museum server with all of the old maps of every game. It wouldn't be playable though just viewable
Maybe for 8 year anniversary coming up
If you do this, make the oldest gamemodes first (like pk 1.0, first factions mode, skywars, old prisons,old creative).

Quick

Forum Expert
ELITE
Quick_Silver_
Quick_Silver_
ELITE
Ratings
214 20
I do want to do a museum server with all of the old maps of every game. It wouldn't be playable though just viewable
Damnnnn u have the old kit map saved? Been a hot minute I can barely remember it

ExTreMisTz

ELITE
ExTreMisTz
ExTreMisTz
ELITE
Ratings
oof owner ranked, i mean if there is a way to seperate worlds? in skyblock, there may be a possiblity but im not sure about survival.