[Staff Requirement Help Guide] What is required from you?

Did you think this guide was helpful towards you?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Johniee

Dedicated Member
Ratings
171 5

STAFF REQUIREMENT HELP GUIDE (What is required from you?)
Issued: 30th June 2017
-- ORIGINAL REQUIREMENT THREADS --
New Application Info & Requirements [NEED TO KNOW] - Dynsalir
Staff Application Information >> Tips & Requirements - Dacon
----------------------------------------------------------------------​

Hello Manacube Community,

This thread I will be going over what is needed from you in order to be considered for being part of the staff team. I know there are already 3 threads on this. But I feel like it needs to be addressed in a kind of different manner. Now when you apply for staff. You need not only to be active on the server you play on, loyal and being helpful. There is a requirement on the forums that you need to meet in order for your application to even be looked at.

What are these? Well if you read the requirements provided in the Staff Application section you will know these already. But here I will explain it more for people who may not get it.

Now with this meeting, the requirements are just one of the things needed. Why? Well, you see if you do not meet the standard requirements it will normally lead to automatic rejection. You need to exceed the requirements and put some work into it. We need to see the dedication you put into making your application so we know how serious you are for the role.

We do not expect you to go on a ramble or just repeat yourself. We want you to go into detail for each question you are asked when applying. Again that comes back to the dedication you have put in for making your application. But also it shows us as a staff team what you understand about the role. We need to know this for obvious reasons. We need people who understand the role that can prove they have the ability to take on the role as a staff member.

Past Staff Experience
When you are asked to provide evidence to previous server experience we do not mean write what you use to do on that server and just state what the server is that you once were a part of as a staff. We need to know this because it confirms what you are saying in your application. If you lie to use about being a staff member that lowers your chances of being accepted into our staff team.

How do I do this?
Well, a lot of Minecraft server forums/websites provide such a wall of its staff members. But also your account will have indications of you being part of that role at one time. Just providing your account page from Minecraft server you was once a part of can be enough to give us the evidence needed to confirm.

Now we do not expect you to have past staff experience on another Minecraft server. If you have knowledge of the basic of a staff experience unrelated to Minecraft that can be an exception but do not leave the question if you have no past Minecraft staff experience.

Grammar / Punctuation
Now with applying for a place on our staff team you need to understand that it is a professional role and we expect you to have somewhat good grammar and punctuation. This may not be a full-time job. But in reality, you would not apply for a job with poor grammar and punctuation because you will get rejected. I know this not a real life full-time job. But just keep that in mind.

We want people with good grammar and punctuation because we have a wide audience from around the world who come on the forums and play on the server and we want to be able to make sure they can understand what we say and talk about.

If you are unsure about a word like spelling it is not time or issue with spelling checking it. Spelling check is a feature that is used for ones of these purposes so use that tool it was not made not to be used. Use it if need be there is nothing wrong with using a widely used feature.

Word Requirement
When applying for this role you will have to stick to a word requirement set by Dacon and that is 750 words minus the 200 words that already included within the application so make sure to hit that requirement. But not just hit but exceed the requirement. It is important that you do so. This shows again dedication on how much time and effort you have put into your application. It shows you are determined to get this role.

That does not mean copying parts of your application and use it again to get a higher word count and also do not just repeat yourself several times to get the requirement. We need to see how determined you are and also how much you know. With that do not copy from someone else's application either, again we need to see what you can put together in your application.

Punishments held against you
With applying for this role we would expect you to have not had any bad punishments accounted against you on any part of the server. But it does state any permanent bans/mutes as stated from the requirements set by Dacon on his thread.

Now, this does not mean if you have a few mute, kicks and bans that you will be accepted but it also does not mean you will be rejected. The reason for this is because sometimes mistakes can be made when punishing someone who has not done anything wrong. But also mainly the reason you may or may not get accepted can come down to if you have changed your ways and you have proven that to us.

But please be aware again, we would prefer you not have any punishments held against your name for reasons that should make sense to you in some way.

Make sure you know what you are signing up for
Now there are times where people will apply for the role with having no clue what they are signing up for. Make sure you are not that person. Make sure you know exactly what you are doing. The reasoning for this is because if you do get accepted for example and you did not expect to be accepted then you are in a bit of trouble.

What should I do in order to know?
Well, I would suggest knowing the rules of the server and what is deemed punishable. This way you know how the server runs when it comes to the server justice system. Knowing that is the first thing you should know.

Added to knowing the rules of the server I would think about maybe if you haven't already, know how staff members actually work. I do not mean just on a Minecraft server I mean in general. So that excludes things just like...

...should stop people from using bad language in chat
...stop people from fighting in chat
...stop people from griefing and hacking
...do not allow bullying on other players
...stop people from scamming
There is far more to a staff role than you might think. For some, it may even surprise you. I am not saying it is easy nor hard. That all depends on the individual and how that individual deals with the scenario in hand. So with that, I would not ask someone who is a staff member "How hard is it?" Because that varies between individuals.

Taken from the thread [Staff Application Information >> Tips & Requirements by Dacon]
The following items are the guidelines used to determine whether you will become a helper or not.

• The required amount of time in-game is 50 hours total, this time frame can be widely varied (we can tell when a user was AFK).
  • You must have never been permanently banned/muted (for a legitimate reason) from any part of the manacube network.
  • You must have Discord.
  • You must be 14 or older to apply.
  • You must have a Google Account (G-Mail)
  • You must have an excellent understanding of the rules and punishment guidelines found here
  • You must have at least 10 forum posts ( Not just spam posts either )

Note: Requirements may vary for each applicant. This means that some of these requirements may not apply whatsoever to you if you can prove that you are sufficiently capable in other areas.
Tip: try not to just meet these requirements but instead exceed them to stand out.
Now that seems like pretty standard requirements for such a role right? I think so. Now to obtain it is quite straight forward I should not need to go over how to obtain these requirements.

Now if your application comes around to be rejected. Do not assume we have an issue with you. If you are rejected it will be stated on your application by SunsetMagic which will tell you why your application was rejected so you can better improve yourself for the next time you do apply.

Also stated in your rejection message by SunsetMagic do not re-apply straight after or early as that will result in an immediate rejection. If you do apply early by mistake I suggest you do notify SunsetMagic and it will be sorted from there. Wait a total of 30 days before re-applying for the role. Take into account also that it is 30 days after your application being rejected not 30 days after posting your application.

When you apply for the role we suggest you do not advertise on the server that you have applied and that people should look and rate you. It is best to leave your application by its own accord people will view it in good time. If you have the patience you will just leave your application to do the hard work for you.

So you know what to expect for a rejection message please take these points into account. These will normally be the reasons why your application may be rejected.

Taken from the thread [Staff Application Information >> Tips & Requirements by Dacon]
The following steps will guide you into making a good helper application:
  • If you were rejected read the rejection message, it will help you.
  • Detail is what we look for but make sure you put the essential, after all, quality before quantity.
  • Be patient, we want to take the best of the best onto the staff team so we will take time in reviewing your application.
  • Be honest, honesty is key for us to trust you since when in staff, you have access to more confidential information.
  • Be confident, in order for you to be able to help others you need to believe and trust in your capabilities, don't beat yourself up and trust yourself.
  • Be mature, we need to take responsible members on our staff and thus need those who act like leaders and act like true matured people. This doesn't mean you can't joke around.
Thank you for reading this thread and I hope that it gives you a better understanding of what is needed in terms of your application and I hope that what you have taken from this will aid you and I will hope to see more applications with some of these points being used.

For anyone who is going to apply straight after reading all this. I wish you good luck with your application.

Last edited: