Things Old Survival Players Loved/Hated!

ronanashmancer

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
102 2
First,
I would love to make this long, as I have many ideas. I slept on the idea of writing this, and I had many ideas, though for me to remember all of them is slim to none, I will say being an old player especially one of survival, I am going to mention something you may or may not of known. If you are an old player, this might be a thread you must just get a kick out of. If wanted I can go over Minevast Old players loved/hated, but for now, survival! Survival1.0 birth: April 11th, 2016. Survival1.0 death: December 18th, 2016 I have had a lot of nostalgia over the months.

1) Fly (Back in the day the only way to enable fly (VIP and up) would be in claimed territories, ally, and or spawn)

2) Staff rank colors were different, such as the helper rank being green.

3) Old staff, most staff were pretty good at doing their job. Not saying we don't have good staff now, but I will say I still enjoy them as well.

4) Parties, though of course, we have parties nowadays. But parties back then were more of being a party, now we just use it for claiming, but back in the day, everyone's party was a kingdom or some sort of town or city.
(Such as Royale)

5) We didn't have custom enchants

6) We didn't have Zulrah, instead, we had an enderdragon (that continuously stopped working as it glitched)

7) The old fashion spawn that we use to have in survival 1.0 and 2.0

8) We didn't have kit MVP

9) The eco was a bit more balanced, though I can't really say that too much, as in 1.0 we didn't have too many people caring about cash other than George.

10) Grinders were a bit more hard to find, and if they were it was primarily one hot spot.

11) Chat reactions didn't have much meaning

12) Leaderboard never working

13) Survival Drop parties!

14) Lillypads glitching, though honestly, that hasn't changed much, it has become less frequent.

15) Survival not being in 1.12.2, because it wasn't even a thing.

16) People actually making farms for money, instead of just grinders.

17) People actually having shops, (though we still have people making shops, they might not be as good or active workers, and most people these days have banner shops, and back in the day we had more people with shops of enchanted books)

18) People were more welcome to join parties, and not so much worried about the trust factor.

19) Skeleton grinders in the nether spawned wither skeletons and skeletons. This made it easier to get wither heads, make a wither, kill it, and make a beacon to sell. Which beacons became less in cost.

20) People actually making cactus farms

21) Bone mealing crops.

22) People making restaurants like KFC, McDonald's.

23) People using coal blocks for roads.

24) Chat would be notified when someone put something in the auction house (it became extremely spammed)

25) People using Teamspeak

26) People playing hide n' seek at spawn

27) Lots of more drop parties were hosted at spawn at a more frequent rate

28) People not understanding /lock as much so griefing was even more common among the community

29) People buying exp bottles at extreme amounts

30) Survival part of forums was actually used, and quite frankly a great and fun time, now extremely stale and full of no ideas.

31) Not as many tags were in the game

32) Warp pvp was more used, such as this video shows (Also there was this one glowstone that was broke in the arena that if you fell from you would die) (I died...)

33) People making giant cloud bases

34) People making pixel art as bases.

35) The voting rewards continued to vary, from vote crates to the chest that you were given in your inventory.

36) Survival server being extremely populated to in the mornings dead (though we have this now, it was not as dead as back then to where no one was literally on "0")

37) When people made their bases and they added others to the party, instead of being an open space, people made parties that were closed in by chunks, they could have been closed off by leaves, or by fences. To mark someone's territory.

38) Chat was a lot more immature

39) People making walls right when wilderness started. Also, being making lava monsters to make cobblestone go into the spawn protected terrain.

40) People spelling their name with cobblestone.

41) Chat would be filled up more with people talking, nowadays people just mind there own busy doing survival(ly) things.

42) People actually doing survival, such as getting wood, mining resources. Nowadays we can get diamonds within seconds of playing. Mostly within the era of kit MVP.

43) People use to tp kill all the time.

44) I feel in my opinion during the holiday's parties really went above and beyond to pimp out their bases with the holiday decor, but nowadays it is less frequent to see people work on their bases like making Christmas trees during December.

45) People used end rods a lot as their hat. (In general, however, nowadays no one uses hats)

Comments:

Minevast the old name.

upload_2017-12-9_19-14-40.png

Survival1.0-2.0 were great memories and had somethings we hated/loved!

Here is an old picture I took with my old friends back when Survival1.0 was about to close.

My old skin, disgusting...

Have something to add? Please fill free to let me know, and I will be glad to add it!

Thanks for reading, I hope you had some nostalgia!

-Ronan

Dave

MVP
Ratings
63 4
I joined the starting day of 2.0 and remember a lot of these things, I miss having a community that wasn't as cut-throat as it is today. The thing I loved were the little money sign prefixes, I can tell you that being a member with the red one, was quite the time. (And Cactus farms).
#BringBackOldSpawn