JuanitoG

Forum Expert
MVP+
JuanitoG
JuanitoG
MVP+
Ratings
448 5
Hello fellow Minevasters! I have come here with some tips on how to get D, and continue climbing the ladder of building ranks! This is my first time making a guide so I appreciate any feedback! Also this is a rather short but straight to the point guide, so without further a do! NOTE(I am not a staff member, and I do not judge builds, theses are simply my tips on how to get D)

Planning you plot
One of the first things you should do if your going for a graded build, you must plan your plot out! Sketching a quick rough draft of what you want your plot to look like, will help you out in the long run. You need map out what/where you want things ex(I want the mountain to cover half my left plot and be 35 blocks high). Try to make it as detail as possible and you will find yourself making less errors.

Terraforming
This is a must if you want your build to get graded. A house in the middle of a plot with nothing around it will not get you a grade. Add some mountains/terrain (See SirCracker Guide here) even adding some custom trees will add a effect spawned in trees can't. Adding a simple pond/river adds a whole new ambiance to your overall feeling of your plot, and will make it look more appealing. Also trying terraforming by hand, it just isn't the same if you add world edited spheres in( Although some very experienced builders can). Terraforming by hand adds a different look/block placement that worldedit simply can't do!

Structures
Structures are a must and will help tie in your build all together. A beautiful river build will mean nothing without at least some houses nearby. Adding in a boat near a river, having a rocky island near a island are all things that can help tie in a build together.

Little details
Little details are the hay near a barn, or the grass and the rose petals near the tree. The little details are what really make a build sweet! They really make you feel like your in a barn, or strolling along a rose garden. All those little things make the build over the top!

Advice/Ask
Asking for advice for more experienced builders is the best way to learn. Ask someone who's made it to B if your aiming for that B rank. They can give you tips and tricks on how to get there, if they are really nice, they might let you see the plot that was graded that rank that'd you like. Just remember don't copy use it for inspiration! You'll never know if you don't ask!

Wrapping up your plot
This is the part where everything - almost everything is done and you just need to add a few more details, or close up the cave. All you do is make sure that your plot is ready for submission and ready to be graded. If you'd like you can also ask players to check out your plot. Once your sure, /submit and then /confirm!

Once you have submitted your plot wait about 48 hours before asking staff to look at it. Staff are busy and don't appreciate people asking them over and over to check out their submission. They will get to them and will grade it. If you still are confused you can look over Christain's guide here

Thank you if you have read through it! If you see something wrong/something that needs to be changed, please put it in the comments/PM me through the forums/or ingame! I hope it helps someone/inspires someone to get D!

Abel

Donator
Ratings
This Hella dank for new players that struggle to rank up. Good job mate!

jemmey

MVP
jemmey
jemmey
MVP
Ratings
194 1
Nice guide Juanie, I'm sure this'll be really useful for newer players! Really thoughtful of you to take the time to type this out. :)