More Suggestions for Olympus

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Olympus is a great server, with an amazing community of players, however there are some suggestions that members of the Olympus community, and myself have, that we'd like to see added to help improve the server. The server is enjoyable, even with the minor bugs/issues that we experience. Not only is it worth playing just for the concept of working your way through the ranks, and trying to get on top of the several leaderboards, but it's worth it just for the friendly, helpful community that surrounds it. The suggestions in this post are simply ideas that I personally believe will improve the server, and add to the experience for new/existing players.

Mini-Games
PvP Mini Game(s) - I've noticed that players rarely use the PvP arena in Olympus. It's only real purpose is for a rebirth, which still doesn't seem to encourage players to use the warp. Personally, I think adding a PvP based mini-game, would not only give players something else to do, to take a break from grinding for money, but it would also encourage players to PvP more. I understand that there's a designated server for PvP, but on Olympus there's options to add custom enchantments to your swords, and upgrade them in that way, same with the armour, rather than just using one set kit. There could be weekly tournaments, in which players can win prizes such as; Mana, a Tournament Sword and/or Cubits.

Mining Mini Game(s) - Similarly to PvP, there's a select few people who actually go mining (myself included). People mainly AFK their grinders in Olympus, so the server's quite full, but most of the people are inactive. Creating a mini-game for mining, would give players an excuse to go mining! For example, there could be a weekly/monthly tournament for the player who breaks the most blocks, or a mini-game in which players have to get a certain amount of ores/blocks in order to win a prize (mana/money etc.)

Player Chest Shops - New Plot World
This is a suggestion from @ThePigeonGamer - Dacon has suggested adding chest shops in Olympus, but instead of using money for them, they would use mana (as /pay is disabled to prevent boosting, and if money was the currency used for the player shops, it'd essentially be an exploit). Pigeon suggested creating a new plot world, for creating shops! So essentially a new plot world, just for player shops (not grinders/farms, etc) this would prevent lag when visiting the shops. Non-Donors could have 1 shop plot, VIP could have 2, VIP+ could have 3, MVP could have 4, and MVP+ could have 5-6. Instead of doing /Plot H (IGN) (plot number), you'd just do /Plot Shop (IGN) (1-6).

Voting Rewards
Mine Party - I used to play on a prison server, that when it reached a certain amount of votes (for talking sake, say 1,000 votes) there would be a thing called a "Mine Party", in which players would go to /warp MP, and it would essentially be a mine full of blocks in which everyone had access to sell if they were in the mine party area, and throughout the mine, there's chests full of different amounts of money, that when you open them, it adds the money to your balance. The Mine Party could last around 1-2 minutes to give people a chance to get some money, but also ensure it's not too OP. I really liked this idea, and feel it would encourage players to vote. I know from experience that the players really enjoyed it, and it definitely made people want to vote, so they could get a Mine Party. (It was also purchasable from a token shop, for 100k tokens, which in this case could be a mana shop).

New Voting Rewards - Currently in Olympus the only rewards you can really get from voting, are; Dragon fruit, Money, Mana (I think), Grand scramblers, XP bottles and Magic Angel Dust with different success rates. I can't speak for other players, but I personally just sell the scramblers on /ah for 1k, and throw the angel dusts in a chest, until I need them. I think there should be new/updated rewards for voting. I don't exactly have any ideas of what COULD be added however, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to comment them!

Mana Shop
This idea was inspired by one that @LiLKayla had suggested on Olympus recently - As everyone knows, only MVP+ have access to /fly outside of the mines. Personally, I'm on the fence about this, as yes people payed hard earned money for the rank, so they should have access to things that other players don't. However, in Creative, players have access to /shop in which they can exchange mana for limited access to W/E, in order to help them with their builds. I think a similar idea could be implemented into Olympus, in the sense players could use mana to buy limited access to commands such as /fly. I believe this makes it still fair for MVP+, as they have permanent, free access to the command, AND players who aren't MVP+ can have access to it for an hour or 30 minutes, for 25-50k mana. There could also be other things in the mana shop, which players could purchase, such as 3 Dragon fruit for 5k, or possibly other temporary perks/commands, such as /nv (I can't remember if you're able to gain access to /nv through rebirths, or if it's just /heal).

Thank you, for taking the time to read through these suggestions, if I missed any or you would like to add your own, feel free to comment them! I'd like to know your thoughts on the ideas suggested, or if you have any questions about them too.

EmperorBonaparte

MVP
EmperorBonaparte
EmperorBonaparte
MVP
Ratings
I think voting rewards could be fixed easily by adding 1 good item at an incredibly low % chance. Increases the fun of opening even if only 1 of the good item is ever given out, maybe some cool enchant or something (could be blast?) and this would make it more fun. If just 1 book was given out per month on average it would make it twice as fun to open vote crates.

I also think it could be fun to have similar anagrams to solve like in creative so you can get a few thousand mana if you're active.

Also lottery should be more frequent and more should be added which are less frequent but have a higher buy in amount, this would make them actually mean something but wouldn't disrupt economy as new players wouldnt have the money to buy in. I think a 1mil buy in and a 10 mil buy in would be good additions.

Good suggestions though!

BlueRains

MVP+
BlueRains
BlueRains
MVP+
Ratings
You get /nv from the Artemis rebirth, and Dragon Bombs from the voting crate as well.
I think voting rewards could be fixed easily by adding 1 good item at an incredibly low % chance. Increases the fun of opening even if only 1 of the good item is ever given out, maybe some cool enchant or something (could be blast?) and this would make it more fun. If just 1 book was given out per month on average it would make it twice as fun to open vote crates.
Emperor, this idea is awesome, and it'd open up a whole new trade, that of vote chests. :)

Danny__

Ratings
I wouldn't consider PVP as a major problem with the server, but making it work would have a huge effect on the game. Although it's not the main objective of prison, it would most definitely add to the fun. Adding a PVP mine, I believe, would bring a different side of competitiveness to the server. A mine that has high-value contents would bring newer players to the mine and it would bring users to the armour and weapons players get from kits. Although there are many flaws in this idea, (like pickaxes being to OP or how players aren't able to sell items from higher ranked mines) I think they could easily be worked through and allow for a different, and a more enjoyable approach to Olympus.