Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I am always trying to improve myself deep down, so I let the fact that there are people who are better than me motivate me. I think, "they're amazing, I want to be even MORE amazing than they are!" This is what has always pushed me to be a better athlete, musician, gamer, and scholar.
Also for motivation in general, having deadlines...and being afraid to not meet those deadlines and what the consequences will be (hearing it from my advisor, bad grade, etc) Setting little deadlines, ex. I want to have A done by this time, B done by this point, and reach point C by then always helps me actually get things done. :)

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
How proud of myself I’d be if I finished the task, how relieved I’ll be when it’s finished, or knowing that I won’t suffer any consequences.

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
I am always trying to improve myself deep down, so I let the fact that there are people who are better than me motivate me. I think, "they're amazing, I want to be even MORE amazing than they are!" This is what has always pushed me to be a better athlete, musician, gamer, and scholar.
Also for motivation in general, having deadlines...and being afraid to not meet those deadlines and what the consequences will be (hearing it from my advisor, bad grade, etc) Setting little deadlines, ex. I want to have A done by this time, B done by this point, and reach point C by then always helps me actually get things done. :)
Nice response! What if those deadlines aren't met? How do you emotionally/mentally combat that?

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
How proud of myself I’d be if I finished the task, how relieved I’ll be when it’s finished, or knowing that I won’t suffer any consequences.
I agree with this answer as well, looking forward to the benefits afterwards is a big motivator for me as well!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Nice response! What if those deadlines aren't met? How do you emotionally/mentally combat that?
A lot of it has to do with knowing yourself. With me, I know a lot of the time I work best under pressure. So, when I have hard deadlines, I don't have too much trouble meeting them...even if it means pulling an all-nighter for school/work related things. But if I set goals for myself that are more loose and I don't see myself meeting them, a lot of the time is because I was pushing myself too hard, causing a lot of little mistakes. Sometimes the body and mind need some time to reset. I found this to be the case especially when I was practicing for softball or music. Sometimes I would try repeatedly with no avail, take a day in between, come back to it, and do it the first try. Weird how that works right?

There really is a lot of meaning in "sometimes rest is the best thing for you". Take it from someone who pushed herself way too hard in softball a lot of the time and it resulted in injury that keeps me from playing now. I always feel like I did my best after I took a day to relax and take care of my body. I unfortunately didn't do that enough!

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
A lot of it has to do with knowing yourself. With me, I know a lot of the time I work best under pressure. So, when I have hard deadlines, I don't have too much trouble meeting them...even if it means pulling an all-nighter for school/work related things. But if I set goals for myself that are more loose and I don't see myself meeting them, a lot of the time is because I was pushing myself too hard, causing a lot of little mistakes. Sometimes the body and mind need some time to reset. I found this to be the case especially when I was practicing for softball or music. Sometimes I would try repeatedly with no avail, take a day in between, come back to it, and do it the first try. Weird how that works right?

There really is a lot of meaning in "sometimes rest is the best thing for you". Take it from someone who pushed herself way too hard in softball a lot of the time and it resulted in injury that keeps me from playing now. I always feel like I did my best after I took a day to relax and take care of my body. I unfortunately didn't do that enough!
I find it fascinating how you take such a negative ending situation and make good of it, very inspiring I like that. I bet you’re already on the road to finding something else you enjoy just as much(if not already there), and now you’re ready to test your limits without pushing them :D

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I find it fascinating how you take such a negative ending situation and make good of it, very inspiring I like that. I bet you’re already on the road to finding something else you enjoy just as much(if not already there), and now you’re ready to test your limits without pushing them :D
Well when you face a lot of negativity in your life, you have to find reasons to justify it aside from "my life is full of unfortunate things and it sucks". And yeah! I've found a lot of joy and interest in research, so I'm on the path to pursuing my PhD in "social research" :cool: When another chapter ends another must begin.

It's easy to get bogged down by the path of life but we learn a lot! If there's anything I like to recommend to those who are younger or going through a hard time it's to learn what's best for you along the way. It will help you advocate for yourself and empathize with others, which I think are two important skills that not everyone can learn easily. Don't be afraid to push yourself, but know what your limits are and when to stop and breathe for a minute. Moving too fast is worse than moving too slowly (in my opinion).

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
Well when you face a lot of negativity in your life, you have to find reasons to justify it aside from "my life is full of unfortunate things and it sucks". And yeah! I've found a lot of joy and interest in research, so I'm on the path to pursuing my PhD in "social research" :cool: When another chapter ends another must begin.

It's easy to get bogged down by the path of life but we learn a lot! If there's anything I like to recommend to those who are younger or going through a hard time it's to learn what's best for you along the way. It will help you advocate for yourself and empathize with others, which I think are two important skills that not everyone can learn easily. Don't be afraid to push yourself, but know what your limits are and when to stop and breathe for a minute. Moving too fast is worse than moving too slowly (in my opinion).
Well I’m greatful and proud that your journey is planned and ready for you! Thanks for taking time to answer :3

Cos

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Disillusioning
Disillusioning
ELITE
Ratings
211 5
Most of the time this situation comes to me involving stressful school work. I get through it by just telling myself that the faster and harder I work the sooner it'll be over, and if I do good on it I'll also be proud of myself :D

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
Most of the time this situation comes to me involving stressful school work. I get through it by just telling myself that the faster and harder I work the sooner it'll be over, and if I do good on it I'll also be proud of myself :D
Interesting answer! So you set aside the chance of it being bad to focus on efficiency?? That’s a brave move! Very impressive :)

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
u dont thats how u stay motivated
Honestly, recently I’ve been feeling just like this yo.. whole reason I made the thread was because of how much I believed there was no way to STAY motivated. I hope you find yours like I’m trying too fam...

Azy

Dedicated Member
PATRON
Astruss
Astruss
Patron
Ratings
110 2
Honestly, recently I’ve been feeling just like this yo.. whole reason I made the thread was because of how much I believed there was no way to STAY motivated. I hope you find yours like I’m trying too fam...
I mean there is few stuff but recently yeh to me not anymore so i just dont do anything that needds me to stay motivated