Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
Maker:Just me and Joshume13 as tester
do /plot h Appledestroyer 2
THIS IS NOT a resent of my old map.
Difficulty:expert
The signs that I placed can be removed if you want to
3 checkpoints.85 Jumps or something near that amount.
Please do not reject this as i spent a lot of time on this.
For originality purposes: the thing that is where 3/4 checkpoints are is magical portalss

Attachments

Last edited:

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Review c:
The theme :
Unoriginal theme, there is a lot of parkour using biomes theme (Like Biomes and BiomesPK...)
If you want to see if your theme is already used, I've do a parkour list with theme, so go check it !

The build :
Not really good in some part, the top of the "cave" part is empty, so try to decorate it a bit.
The cave can be also be better (it's a bit empty too)
The ice part is the best part I think, looks good (maybe add some snow layers ?)
I don't really like the "volcano" on the nether theme, it's more like a symetric lava fountain than a volcano.
Also, your parkour don't looks really nice frpm outside D:

The jumps :
Your jumps are really weird, there is some really good idea like banners or anvil, but most of the rest are unorginal jumps (like 4 block jump or head hitter).
So the variation is weird too, there is some original jumps, but not used with equality (80% of your jumps are normal and ladder jumps)
For me, your parkour is an hard one and not an expert, the cave and the ice part are pretty easy.
Also, your parkour is a bit confusing sometimes like at the start, so please put some sign to guide people.

Miscellaneous :
You can skip the inside of the igloo (You can jump directly on it)
The wool at the end is not the good color (It's purple wool and not magenta wool)
One of your checkpoint on the nether part is named "Spawnpoint" and not Checkpoint

My Opinion :
Not gonna accepted for me, the theme is really overused a your build is not really appealing. But you have some good idea on your jumps, so don't give up ! c:

Also, I'm not a map judge, I just like reviewing parkour, so my opinion can be a bit different than a real map judger (Shron and Txilsy)

Appledestroyer

Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
Review c:
The theme :
Unoriginal theme, there is a lot of parkour using biomes theme (Like Biomes and BiomesPK...)
If you want to see if your theme is already used, I've do a parkour list with theme, so go check it !

The build :
Not really good in some part, the top of the "cave" part is empty, so try to decorate it a bit.
The cave can be also be better (it's a bit empty too)
The ice part is the best part I think, looks good (maybe add some snow layers ?)
I don't really like the "volcano" on the nether theme, it's more like a symetric lava fountain than a volcano.
Also, your parkour don't looks really nice frpm outside D:

The jumps :
Your jumps are really weird, there is some really good idea like banners or anvil, but most of the rest are unorginal jumps (like 4 block jump or head hitter).
So the variation is weird too, there is some original jumps, but not used with equality (80% of your jumps are normal and ladder jumps)
For me, your parkour is an hard one and not an expert, the cave and the ice part are pretty easy.
Also, your parkour is a bit confusing sometimes like at the start, so please put some sign to guide people.

Miscellaneous :
You can skip the inside of the igloo (You can jump directly on it)
The wool at the end is not the good color (It's purple wool and not magenta wool)
One of your checkpoint on the nether part is named "Spawnpoint" and not Checkpoint

My Opinion :
Not gonna accepted for me, the theme is really overused a your build is not really appealing. But you have some good idea on your jumps, so don't give up ! c:

Also, I'm not a map judge, I just like reviewing parkour, so my opinion can be a bit different than a real map judger (Shron and Txilsy)
well if i get rejected it will be twice in a row im mad also i 4x the dificulty on cave

Last edited:

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49
the build is very 2010 beta minecraft, it's not really as good as you're making it out to be sadly, unoriginal theme as shinx said. and you cant argue with that he made a list of every parkour, go check it out so you know what ones to do that haven't been done.

Appledestroyer

Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
THANKS A LOT FOR THE REPLIES VERY POSITIVE

geekbird

Ratings
10 3
The jumps are hard which is expected from a map of this tier. The only problem I have with this map is that the theme has been done before.

Appledestroyer

Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
I KNOW THIS IS UNORIGINAL OK But the question is how did the other biome map get selected if they have no originality
i am making a new map

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49
I KNOW THIS IS UNORIGINAL OK But the question is how did the other biome map get selected if they have no originality
i am making a new map
you're map isnt original as they already did it, when they did it, it was original.

Appledestroyer

Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
theres two biome pk y cant there be 3 also would this be accepted /plot h appledestroyer

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
theres two biome pk y cant there be 3 also would this be accepted /plot h appledestroyer
Admittedly, there is just "2" biome map but there is also 7 cave parkour, 3 nether parkour (+4 with minecraft mobs), 1 ice theme (+13 with ice/Snow theme and minecraft mobs)
So this why it's not original. This is not with mixing theme you can have a original parkour too.
And if you said "How it's possible to have so many cave/nether/ice parkour" :
1- Same theme but really different build ! You can chose an already used theme, but try to build it in a new and unique way (Like on a "Biome theme", adding unused biomes or add original decoration on it !)
2- Before, the requirement to have an accepted parkour was less complicated. Now, parkour need to be original, attractive and funny. Here, you're parkour is not original, so try to maximize the "attractive" and "funny" side of your parkour.

I hope you understand me.

Last edited:

Appledestroyer

Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
I you all so negative so i am nw just waiting for a reply so i can start working on a new one

Slohth

VIP
Slohth
Slohth
VIP
Ratings
46 1
Looks amazing but I think the idea has been done, unfortunately.
However, I wish you the best!

- Brad

Appledestroyer

Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
ITS BEEN A WEEK .Shron plz reveiw tthis map
and put itt into the reviewing stage

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49
ITS BEEN A WEEK .Shron plz reveiw tthis map
and put itt into the reviewing stage
it can take up to a MONTH so please be patient the more you beg the less likely it will get accepted

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Hello good sir,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

Before I get into the reasoning I would like to point something else out. Other players are allowed to give their opinion and this may be negative, but it only is so you can focus on those things and improve. Sure it can be harsh sometimes, but they are only here to help. You'd rather get replies like this and improve than only positive replies where after if your map gets accepted, you don't know what to improve on. Also, please be more patient in the future. Us map judges have more maps to judge and are very busy outside of this as well. Hope you understand.

Now for the map, the theme has indeed been used before and the structure really isn't original or appealing either. I'd recommend you to choose an original theme, build something that has to do with it and incorporate your jumps upon the build. Take a look at, mostly newly added, parkour maps for inspiration. Also make sure to have enough variety yet have the difficulty and length of the course still fit the difficulty you're aiming for and have it balanced. The path is at the moment a bit confusing and all over the place, the key is to keep a map simple, fun yet challenging.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)
Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Submission format: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
List of current maps/themes: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/#post-73063
Map difficulty guide: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/map-difficulty-guide.16797/

Status
Not open for further replies.