[PARKOUR] Spectate Suggestion

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
Hello!
I would like to talk about a new addition I believe would make the PARKOURSE server a lot better!
/spectate <player> (/spec <player>). This allows you to spectate players in a race, level, or map!

Error Message (Not in a Level, Race, or Map): This player is not in a race, level or map!
Error Message (Player not found): Player not found!
Error Message (Usage): Usage: /spectate <player>

Success Message (Spectating):
You are spectating <playername> on <levelname>!

daniel.

MVP+
vaen
vaen
MVP+
Ratings
125 3
Why exactly would you want a spectate command, at least justify why you think this is needed in your thread.. Anyway, players really do not need a spectate command as it's solely only needed for staff to catch rule breakers and not for players to randomly spectate other people.

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
Why exactly would you want a spectate command, at least justify why you think this is needed in your thread.. Anyway, players really do not need a spectate command as it's solely only needed for staff to catch rule breakers and not for players to randomly spectate other people.
The reason why specifically I think players should have this is because when players are bored, they can spectate others. Maybe they can learn
how to do specific jumps from others, and even watch friends progress to the top.

daniel.

MVP+
vaen
vaen
MVP+
Ratings
125 3
The reason why specifically I think players should have this is because when players are bored, they can spectate others. Maybe they can learn
how to do specific jumps from others, and even watch friends progress to the top.
All that is possible from not having to spectate a player, as for the boredom part goes that's their problem they need to fix and spectating other players surely wouldn't cure my boredom, or the majority of people for that matter.

As an example, if someone never knew how to do a jump there already are plenty on YouTube tutorials on every hard or complex jump there is and secondly you could watch a player normally on how they do it and learn by that, often this method gets a higher success rate.

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
Ok. Thank you.

dogi

Ratings
I think this is a actually a good suggestion! I mean, it wouldn't be strange if somebody wished to spectate a race or a friend that is completing a parkour map that they can't, It would also make a fun way of playing if spectators had a spectator only chat, they could help a friend complete a course or simply communicate for a fun time.
In regards of the Hide And Seek problem, an option for accepting a person to spectate you similarly to friend requests or races (in which the player can accept and deny) with a small warning would fix the problem.

livq

MVP+
livq
livq
MVP+
Ratings
115 1
I agree with @Steph ,, i dont really see the point of it