Spam Problem

how often do you see spam in the server?

• Total voters

dogi

Ratings
I think this is no surprise: This server (Manacube) has a spam problem
Almost every hour or 2 comes somebody to advertise their youtube or whatever, or when some player is mad they rage in the chat using the same insult over an over (Which by the way, The word "Sh**" isn't censored)
How to fix this? I wondered...
welp! let's take a look at another server (Not Manacube), what happens if you decide to spam (In NOT Manacube)...
2017-12-31_01.45.14.png

WOAH! A MESSAGE! humm...
so in this case, the message I said was "Ungubalu, This is a test" and it got blocked!! AHHH! Okay, no what if I say Ungobalo?
2017-12-31_01.48.51.png

Oh gee... They are giving a fight.
But what if I say 2 different messages quickly?
2017-12-31_01.50.18.png

Oh no!! I repeated ungobalu and there is a 3 seconds gap... Unless I get a rank... but that means I payed for something, so I'm not risking the mute!
In case you're wondering, repeating ungobalu gives me the same message it gave me the 1st and 2nd times and it remains after login out and reconnecting!
Looking at this, is should be clear what I'm about to say:
This system [The one in NOT Manacube] should be implemented into ManaCube! that's a pretty good "Goodbye Spam" and it would help out a thon for the admins and mods! Anyways, the part I censored in the image was not to give easy advertizing to another server, Other users already pointed which server it is anyways.
This server (Manacube) could be really good with simple improvements like this one!

Last edited:

dogi

Ratings
Hypixel has the plug-in that stops people from spamming, Manacube doesn't.
Read stuff.

livq

MVP+
livq
livq
MVP+
Ratings
115 1
you make no sense. your wording is confusing but whatever, my mistake :)

JiggleJigglePop

Forum Expert
MVP+
JiggleJigglePop
JiggleJigglePop
MVP+
Ratings
191 47
Hypixel has the plug-in that stops people from spamming, Manacube doesn't.
Read stuff.
Yeah, thats exactly what I'm talking about, hypixel's chat has a cooldown depending what rank you are, and manacube doesn't have a cooldown. And yes I'm reading stuff because I know dang right that thats hypixel.

Sophie(413)

Ratings
90 4
Well you know.. if players with ranks decide to spam.. The cool down won't be stopping them at all.

dogi

Ratings
Well you know.. if players with ranks decide to spam.. The cool down won't be stopping them at all.
Manacube could put the cool down to ranked users too, maybe shortening it to 1 second.
Also, if you have a rank, that means you spent money on a server, and I'm not sure anyone would risk the mute.

livq

MVP+
livq
livq
MVP+
Ratings
115 1
Manacube could put the cool down to ranked users too, maybe shortening it to 1 second.
Also, if you have a rank, that means you spent money on a server, and I'm not sure anyone would risk the mute.
actually, a lot of ranked players are more likely to spam in chat to test staffs limits, or at least thats what I've seen, but that may be because im a kitpvp player and we're all toxic

Miku

Forum Master
MVP+
ItsMiku
ItsMiku
MVP+
Ratings
598 14
I agree on the cooldown, even tho Ranked players might also spam and it is a big problem for fast typers since you need to wait 3 seconds to say something. May seem like a small amount of time, but it can be annoying since I have played on the NOT Manacube server your showed and I get that message a lot.

ABennn

Ratings
106 6
actually, a lot of ranked players are more likely to spam in chat to test staffs limits, or at least thats what I've seen, but that may be because im a kitpvp player and we're all toxic
It’s done on parkour occasionally as well.

ABennn

Ratings
106 6
Lets just say, Hypixel is a bigger server, that needs that pluggin thing,
That doesn’t mean spam isn’t a problem here though. It’s something that needs to be resolved, and this is a start to a good solution.

ChaoticPhoenix7

SrMod | Coordinator
Senior Mod
ChaoticPhoenix7
ChaoticPhoenix7
Senior Mod
Ratings
I don't know if this is a thing on other server besides skyblock but this is already kind of implemented. The cooldown for saying anything in chat is a second or two and if you try to spam anyway you get a warning, and if you continue to spam you get kicked to hub. I know that doesn't really stop spammers but it's still there.

Ratings
5 4
I think this is no surprise: This server (Manacube) has a spam problem
Almost every hour or 2 comes somebody to advertise their youtube or whatever, or when some player is mad they rage in the chat using the same insult over an over (Which by the way, The word "Sh**" isn't censored)
How to fix this? I wondered...
welp! let's take a look at another server (Not Manacube), what happens if you decide to spam (In NOT Manacube)...
View attachment 8767
WOAH! A MESSAGE! humm...
so in this case, the message I said was "Ungubalu, This is a test" and it got blocked!! AHHH! Okay, no what if I say Ungobalo?
View attachment 8768
Oh gee... They are giving a fight.
But what if I say 2 different messages quickly?
View attachment 8769
Oh no!! I repeated ungobalu and there is a 3 seconds gap... Unless I get a rank... but that means I payed for something, so I'm not risking the mute!
In case you're wondering, repeating ungobalu gives me the same message it gave me the 1st and 2nd times and it remains after login out and reconnecting!
Looking at this, is should be clear what I'm about to say:
This system [The one in NOT Manacube] should be implemented into ManaCube! that's a pretty good "Goodbye Spam" and it would help out a thon for the admins and mods! Anyways, the part I censored in the image was not to give easy advertizing to another server, Other users already pointed which server it is anyways.
This server (Manacube) could be really good with simple improvements like this one!
I do not agree with this, just because if someone needs to know something, then don’t see the chat, you cannot repeat it. What if you’re trading and can’t say the same number twice? I just think this idea isn’t logical for skyblock.