Should we be able to recommend staff?

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
Now, I know the staff team gets promoted on Activity, Given Punishments, etc. But I think players should be allowed to recommend staff members for promotions. Here is what I believe should be needed to do so:

NOTE: I recommend a Manager and higher checks these. Otherwise, it may be self-promotion. Any other staff other than the target staff may agree a recommendation on the target staff. (If you need help with understanding of this, Contact @camron315 )

Requirements to recommend a staff : (Exceeding any of these may boost the recommendation chance)
  • At least 3 - 6 pictures of majorly helpful deeds committed by the target staff (Link Recommended)
  • Amount of activity you think the target staff has; Staff should check (Hours, Days)
  • You must need to think out WHY said staff should be promoted.

• ===============================================
Format to recommend a staff : (Must be used, No exceptions)

Staff Member's Name:

Why do you want to recommend him/her?:

Evidential Deeds (Use a gyazo, imgur etc. Link):

How much activity has this staff had?:

Anything else?:

• ====================================================

Staff must check the activity of the Target Staff before Staff Recommendation will get accepted.

It will be the generic Accepted and Declined
The accepted recommendation will boost a staff member's chance atleast by 1 - 30% depending on how good it is.

Percentage depending on recommendation:
1 - 7 % Promo Boost :
Decent Recommendation
1 - 15 % Promo Boost : Good Recommendation
1 - 24 % Promo Boost : Very Good Recommendation
1 - 30 % Promo Boost : Insane Recommendation

The recommendations will be VERY hard to get considering how much it boosts success rate at
a staff members promotion.

To be 1 - 30 % you might need the skill of a Professional Linguist. Huge Paragraphs, Insane Grammar, etc. Be warned if you are going for an insane recommendation.

If you're recommendation gets Accepted and/or Denied. You will be able to post another in 12 days. No staff or player can make an exception.

Hope you enjoyed my suggestions. ;)

Ratings
21 2
we basically could recommend staff that's why we either give +1 or -1 and then we state our detail on why we gave them that rating.

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
we basically could recommend staff that's why we either give +1 or -1 and then we state our detail on why we gave them that rating.
Not exactly. Read it again, and maybe try understanding it more.

Last edited:
Ratings
12 1
I do like your thinking, but I feel promotions within Staff are something that Staff members would have to achieve themselves. Making a Staff Recommendation would recognize the Staff member's hard work and dedication to the server, which is already enough reason to be promoted, meaning it would not be a big impact. Additionally you can always just make a forum topic if you feel some Staff member has been exceptionally good at their role and is worthy of your praise, which is just another reason why they should receive a promotion.

I don't math well but your percentages seem askew, if those are ranges because they can't overlap; the way you put it means that a "5% Promo Boost", for example, would fit into all the categories. In general however I feel this isn't the best way to go about it because you shouldn't have to grade kind words and generosity; that in itself is enough of a "good" recommendation. You say to get an Insane Recommendation you need to have insane linguistic skill, which isn't a good way to measure because you can't judge the content of words by the way it's presented; grammatical errors and whatnot.

Just my thoughts!

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
I do like your thinking, but I feel promotions within Staff are something that Staff members would have to achieve themselves. Making a Staff Recommendation would recognize the Staff member's hard work and dedication to the server, which is already enough reason to be promoted, meaning it would not be a big impact. Additionally you can always just make a forum topic if you feel some Staff member has been exceptionally good at their role and is worthy of your praise, which is just another reason why they should receive a promotion.

I don't math well but your percentages seem askew, if those are ranges because they can't overlap; the way you put it means that a "5% Promo Boost", for example, would fit into all the categories. In general however I feel this isn't the best way to go about it because you shouldn't have to grade kind words and generosity; that in itself is enough of a "good" recommendation. You say to get an Insane Recommendation you need to have insane linguistic skill, which isn't a good way to measure because you can't judge the content of words by the way it's presented; grammatical errors and whatnot.

Just my thoughts!
I would agree, yet you can't just praise one staff member. Almost all of the staff do the same thing. It is very disrespectful to only praise one instead of all of them. I learned this on another server from a mod I praised a lot but only him, not the other staff.

Ratings
12 1
You missed my main argument; I wasn't really nodding towards that fact or really mentioned just recommending one Staff member! I'm sure in time you can recommend every single member. I wouldn't call it disrespectful that you're recommending only specific Staff and missing out on the rest; If a Staff member stands out to you and has benefited you specifically in a way, they, specifically as well, can be worthy of your gratitude. Personally I don't even know all the Staff members although I have taken note of a few. I wouldn't just praise all those I don't even know, although I'm not saying they don't do their job anything.

TL;DR from my main post:

- Players shouldn't directly affect promotion of Staff
- The grading scale you present is not necessary because the overall recommendation itself is an appraisal of a Staff member; there is no "Insane" recommendation or just "Decent". They shouldn't be graded.

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
I understand. Let's just see the other posts.

Slohth

VIP
Slohth
Slohth
VIP
Ratings
46 1

People should not be recommended to be staff. They may not want to be staff and be pressurised into applying.
If someone applies, they could get their friends to recommend them so their application is biased.
I also believe getting a staff rank should not be decided by popularity at all.

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4

People should not be recommended to be staff. They may not want to be staff and be pressurised into applying.
If someone applies, they could get their friends to recommend them so their application is biased.
I also believe getting a staff rank should not be decided by popularity at all.
I'm not saying normal players. I'm saying staff to be recommended for promotion if you paid attention.

Slohth

VIP
Slohth
Slohth
VIP
Ratings
46 1
I'm not saying normal players. I'm saying staff to be recommended for promotion if you paid attention.
Even then, some staff members may find it unfair as they may not get recommended even though they help loads, which will be unfair.

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
Even then, some staff members may find it unfair as they may not get recommended even though they help loads, which will be unfair.
Understood.

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
This is not an official thread. This is not sticky, or an official thread.

throughbeingcool

MVP
Merkena
Merkena
MVP
Ratings
65 1
When staff are selected, there isn't a percent (to my knowledge).
So this whole adding points to that percent seems weird. When you are interviewed for a job, they won't tell you "I'll give you 67%, sorry you didn't pass."
Plus... when you apply, your chat logs are viewed, so all the acts that would boost your chances are already seen.

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
When staff are selected, there isn't a percent (to my knowledge).
So this whole adding points to that percent seems weird. When you are interviewed for a job, they won't tell you "I'll give you 67%, sorry you didn't pass."
Plus... when you apply, your chat logs are viewed, so all the acts that would boost your chances are already seen.
If I were to remove the percentage, what would be you're view on the suggestion?

livq

MVP+
livq
livq
MVP+
Ratings
115 1
i think the overall idea sounds cool, but in the end, i think the system is ran well and it should stay that way. however, if this post impacts the way things are ran, i think that would be fun!

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
My application a couple weeks ago had 1000 views and 50 some odd replies... all +1’s. Still rejected. Don’t let the +1 system fool you, it’s ultimately up to less than three high ranking people on the staff team.

JiggleJigglePop

Forum Expert
MVP+
JiggleJigglePop
JiggleJigglePop
MVP+
Ratings
191 47
My application a couple weeks ago had 1000 views and 50 some odd replies... all +1’s. Still rejected. Don’t let the +1 system fool you, it’s ultimately up to less than three high ranking people on the staff team.
I thought you quit.

Now, I know the staff team gets promoted on Activity, Given Punishments, etc. But I think players should be allowed to recommend staff members for promotions. Here is what I believe should be needed to do so:

NOTE: I recommend a Manager and higher checks these. Otherwise, it may be self-promotion. Any other staff other than the target staff may agree a recommendation on the target staff. (If you need help with understanding of this, Contact @camron315 )

Requirements to recommend a staff : (Exceeding any of these may boost the recommendation chance)
  • At least 3 - 6 pictures of majorly helpful deeds committed by the target staff (Link Recommended)
  • Amount of activity you think the target staff has; Staff should check (Hours, Days)
  • You must need to think out WHY said staff should be promoted.

• ===============================================
Format to recommend a staff : (Must be used, No exceptions)

Staff Member's Name:

Why do you want to recommend him/her?:

Evidential Deeds (Use a gyazo, imgur etc. Link):

How much activity has this staff had?:

Anything else?:

• ====================================================

Staff must check the activity of the Target Staff before Staff Recommendation will get accepted.

It will be the generic Accepted and Declined
The accepted recommendation will boost a staff member's chance atleast by 1 - 30% depending on how good it is.

Percentage depending on recommendation:
1 - 7 % Promo Boost :
Decent Recommendation
1 - 15 % Promo Boost : Good Recommendation
1 - 24 % Promo Boost : Very Good Recommendation
1 - 30 % Promo Boost : Insane Recommendation

The recommendations will be VERY hard to get considering how much it boosts success rate at
a staff members promotion.

To be 1 - 30 % you might need the skill of a Professional Linguist. Huge Paragraphs, Insane Grammar, etc. Be warned if you are going for an insane recommendation.

If you're recommendation gets Accepted and/or Denied. You will be able to post another in 12 days. No staff or player can make an exception.

Hope you enjoyed my suggestions. ;)
I don't really think so, I think that +1 is enough for now, I see a lot of players stating +1 or -1 including the reason. But I don't think we should use a format. I get that you like the vote to be well writen, but I think the majority of manacube players state their vote including the reason.
(Example: +1, Your application is very detailed, you are active and you are very polite. I think that you deserve a staff position.)

lyricss

MVP
Ratings
71 2
I think the system right now is already good enough, though the idea in itself is pretty cool.