Rejected Fortnite Parkour - Easy/Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had multiple users test this level, and they've said some really good things! The map is fortnite themed, and it has been tested by Shinx himself. Also the command to view my plot is /plot h appleseed62!
upload_2018-5-6_18-12-8.png
upload_2018-5-6_18-12-32.png
upload_2018-5-6_18-12-8.png

Last edited:

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
+1 The theme is dang original, the jumps look great, this map would be auto-accepted (If I was a judge) if you turned that pixel-art into a 3D build. Lit map tho!

AlfieJay

Parkour Mod+ | Survival Mod
Moderator+
AlfieJay
AlfieJay
Mod+
Ratings
341 10
I've had multiple users test this level, and they've said some really good things! The map is fortnite themed, and it has been tested by Shinx himself. Also the command to view my plot is /plot h appleseed62! View attachment 9628 View attachment 9629 View attachment 9628
Vote: -1

Response: I'm saying no because of several reasons: Firstly, none of the 3D builds are decent (like the bus, the wailing woods section), which is one of the most important things when theming a parkour level on a 3D game. Secondly, you seem to abandon your idea of having areas themed after places about half way through, which is VERY strange. About a third of your parkour is based on pixel art, which itself is frowned upon. Also, a lot of the 3D builds were quite ugly and looked out of place. Other than that, the mixture of different parkour sytles was good, as well as the pixel art, which looked well designed! I hope you build that nicely in future maps!

Vote: -1

Response: I'm saying no because of several reasons: Firstly, none of the 3D builds are decent (like the bus, the wailing woods section), which is one of the most important things when theming a parkour level on a 3D game. Secondly, you seem to abandon your idea of having areas themed after places about half way through, which is VERY strange. About a third of your parkour is based on pixel art, which itself is frowned upon. Also, a lot of the 3D builds were quite ugly and looked out of place. Other than that, the mixture of different parkour sytles was good, as well as the pixel art, which looked well designed! I hope you build that nicely in future maps!
I see where you're coming from, I'm thinking about re submitting after making each area bigger, and making a new and improved battle bus! Thanks for the feedback! I did not appreciate your tone throughout some of it though. But all around good feedback.

Dark88

Dedicated Member
Ratings
29 18
-1 there is pixel art which isn’t allowed

EPGaming

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
Very nice idea, maybe you could've made some youtube clickbait since it's all over it xC. I loved it when you started the build in the beginning when you asked for a test but after that it kinda downgraded I guess? Sorry it's a -1 from me.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Very nice idea, maybe you could've made some youtube clickbait since it's all over it xC. I loved it when you started the build in the beginning when you asked for a test but after that it kinda downgraded I guess? Sorry it's a -1 from me.
dangit dood thats what i was gonna say xD -1

AlfieJay

Parkour Mod+ | Survival Mod
Moderator+
AlfieJay
AlfieJay
Mod+
Ratings
341 10
I see where you're coming from, I'm thinking about re submitting after making each area bigger, and making a new and improved battle bus! Thanks for the feedback! I did not appreciate your tone throughout some of it though. But all around good feedback.
Response: Thanks for replying! I'm sorry if I came off as rude, I just think it's better for people to know what's wrong with their build rather than one or two little problems someone sugar-coated. Again, I don't mean to be rude, sorry if you felt offended :p

Notice: This keeps popping up and I have to say something. PIXEL ART ISN'T BANNED! It's only against the rules when the majority of the parkour is based around pixel art...

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi appleseed62,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The build of your map is not really attractive, there is a lot of pixel art on it, and non-pixel art build are not really good. The parkour is not a great point too, it's pretty repetitive and you can skip some part.
However, the theme is a decent and original one, and the parkour fits the medium difficulty !

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
@shinx you forgot to closse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.