Removing 1.7.

RazorScythe

PATRON
RazorScythe
RazorScythe
Patron
Ratings
29 1
My username is RazorScythe, and I just started playing here on ManaCube a couple days ago. I travel servers to find a good Skyblock or Factions, when I came to this one and really enjoyed how unique it is and how helpful the people and staff were. I'm starting to play here as my main Skyblock server now, but there is one thing bothering me and most likely other people that I don't understand.

Why is the 1.7 version still included in the server?
I am unsure of the reasons it's included, but apart from that I will explain to you a good reasons why it shouldn't be added that most people don't know or realise.
With 1.7 included, the server obviously has to run on the 1.7 version, and in 1.7 the farming is a lot more difficult, which Skyblock is a big part of. With 1.7, crops such as nether wart, wheat and cacti will only grow while you're standing in the same chunk or very close to it. Even if part of the farm is in the chunk next to the one you're in or far on the other chunk, only the crops inside your chunk will grow and the crops in the other chunk will still be on the first stage of growing.

The second reason is that hardly anyone to no one uses 1.7, as it is a minor update compared to what 1.9 was to 1.8, which is why most server still use 1.8. Skyblock will become much more enjoyable to people who use farms, which is most people without spawners.
It would be very helpful, but not necessary, if this was replied to before the store sale ends, as I would like to buy a rank for these prices, but still unsure to buy one.

In this picture, I was standing here to grow my nether wart farm, but since it's only in the same chunk as those few grown ones up there, they grew and the rest you see didn't.
NW 1.7 MC.png

Thank you for considering this suggestion.
RazorScythe

Attachments

Last edited:

PancakezRule5

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ClickFilA
ClickFilA
MVP+
Ratings
164 25
Hey, Welcome to ManaCube first of all. I normally play Survival, Username is PancakezRule5, but for Survival I am pretty sure you need to be in 1.10 due to the concrete and stuff. I am not sure about SkyBlock, but hope this helps :D

Dominator813

Dedicated Member
VIP+
JakIllNeverLetGo
JakIllNeverLetGo
VIP+
Ratings
133 4
Skyblock is already a 1.8 server, but I believe crops were made to only grow in the chunk you're in to slow down making money and make it more challenging. You can compensate for this though by just making farms fit in a chunk and then just making the farm really tall.

RazorScythe

PATRON
RazorScythe
RazorScythe
Patron
Ratings
29 1
Skyblock is already a 1.8 server, but I believe crops were made to only grow in the chunk you're in to slow down making money and make it more challenging. You can compensate for this though by just making farms fit in a chunk and then just making the farm really tall.
Thanks for your reply.
This effect is not due to a compensation, it's due to the server running in 1.7. This was not intentional for the server. I'm not sure if this is also part of the effect, but chunks are also vertical. Skyblock is not a 1.8 server, it's a 1.7 server. The version a server is running on is always the earliest version which it is possible to play on.
As I said, I've been looking for Skyblock and Factions servers for a long time, and this isn't the first time it's been on 1.7 and had the same effect.

RazorScythe

PATRON
RazorScythe
RazorScythe
Patron
Ratings
29 1
I was just told by a player in-game that the server actually does run on 1.8, but then why does the crops only grow if you're in the same chunk as them?

Gaming

Forum Expert
MVP
SadGirlNoceda
SadGirlNoceda
MVP
Ratings
114 6
Are you loading up the server in 1.7 or 1.8? I always use 1.12.2 for the server.

RazorScythe

PATRON
RazorScythe
RazorScythe
Patron
Ratings
29 1
Are you loading up the server in 1.7 or 1.8? I always use 1.12.2 for the server.
1.8, not that it would make a different to how inside the server works though.
This thread might be wrong, I'm just leaving it open now for references for my new thread.

RazorScythe

PATRON
RazorScythe
RazorScythe
Patron
Ratings
29 1
Skyblock is a 1.8 server. And the reason to only growing in the same chunk is to make it challenging as Dom said above.
View this.
Ok thanks, I've just never seen a server do this before intentionally but I guess it's up to them.