New Parkour Course Difficulty?

Drakonixal

Dedicated Member
Mapper
Ratings
38 11
I think there should be a new difficulty in parkour harder than insane? Some ideas for the name might be extreme, psycho, or champion. Champion being my favorite. Maybe a white, light blue, cyan or black wool for the end and a 400 or 300 gem reward? I don't know if it's just me but I feel like the insane courses we have definitely are not the hardest parkour. And champion courses would be good for people amazing at parkour, like TENNK. And maybe make them so only insane+ can access them. Jumps like triple neos and hard creative ones could be in them. I had this idea for a while and just wanted to know if anyone liked it. A course harder than insane courses would be very excited and challenging.

MyMixtapeOnFire

Dedicated Member
ELITE
mymixtapeonfire
mymixtapeonfire
ELITE
Ratings
143 5
I like the idea, but if we added a new rank, extremely extremely difficult, there will be tons of parkour submissions with just insane jumps and it just won't be fun anymore. Not all hard courses are the same difficult and level of hard, so I don't think all insane's should be either. I think there is potential for a very very hard map, we just haven't gotten a ton of crazy difficult levels accepted yet :)

Shron

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
326 10
Okay I told you to suggest it, so you can get more opinions and I can state mine detailed without overreading..
I see pro's and contra's at a new rank. The good thing of course is, you can make a new variety of jumps, courses etc and new excitement for older and practised player. The bad thing about it is.. some people will do courses, who are nearly impossible and most people would avoid them always. I would say seperating Expert and Insane's would be way better, so you can get a clear structure in the higher difficulties. Also some Pk's need to be reviewed again, because like Mix already said, some courses got the wrong difficulty, to the difficulty nowadays.
I think there should be more work on quality Insane courses, with a better structure and if you want to add harder jumps, add more CP's so it is still on an insane level. As Dakota said.. /Speed would be way too overpowered, if there would be any harder difficulty and I can understand the idea of removing it then. But removing Speed would make Insane more interesting again, so a new difficulty would be unnecessary again.

So my suggestion would be: Seperate Insane and Expert and review a few courses for their difficulty and try to make more structured Insane courses (Or any other difficulty), which makes more fun, than for example pixel art

Last edited:

Drakonixal

Dedicated Member
Mapper
Ratings
38 11
I agree that if it was added speed would have to be disabled. And that a lot of courses with insane jumps would be added and it would be annoying. Maybe a requirement to have 2 or 3 accepted courses of easy, medium or hard before submitting a champion course? Or 2 or 3 accepted courses required everytime you get an accepted champion course?

KazukiVIRUS

Ratings
43 1
omg yes, great idea, if ever there was a way to disable usage of /speed for a specific difficulty that'd be great yea i do think an extra difficulty should be added, insane just ain't cutting it for me any more in most cases. If this was to be added i think courses rated at this difficulty should have to meet certain requirements: they should exceed a certain number of jumps, feature limited checkpoints, should not be able to be easily farmed and the checkpoints should either have to be actively searched for, or only be given where they are deserved like after a number of difficult jumps or after a challenging stream.
This is my opinion.

Last edited:

ronanashmancer

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
102 2
Hello,

My idea of a new parkour level, would be a good idea, but in my own opinion, I think we should not go higher in difficulty. But rather, in a lower difficulty I say this because multiple people can not beat some of the easy maps, I believe that most of the easy maps some of them are a little bit more for medium level. I believe that we should have maybe a bit more of an easier one maybe like (beginner level). Such as one & two block jumps. When I first tried parkour it was really hard, and some people join Minevast for the first time, not playing parkour at all, but they try it anyways, because it is the most popular on Minevast. When they do try out the parkour, they quit later on because they can not beat even most of the easy parkour maps. I think this is something that can be arranged, maybe in the future, or something like the dropper situation on parkour, but also a beginner system.

Thanks for reading,
-RonanAshMancer

KazukiVIRUS

Ratings
43 1
eh if they're unable to beat easy courses and need things made as simple as 1 and 2 block jumps to do anything there's something wrong with them or they need some serious practice (like mimic the course in creative.

ronanashmancer

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
102 2
That is so true! I love dropper, don't get me wrong, but the way dropper is laid out it is more hard to play and hard for people to find and play it.

Appledestroyer

Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
Ok a problem if it were to give more mana.epearl prices would go up