Cubits Retrieval

Should this feature be implemented?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided (please specify your opinion by replying to this thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

KayeKat

MVP
KayeKat
KayeKat
MVP
Ratings
I wasn't sure what the Cubits to USD conversion was so I did /cubits spend to see how much the balance would be in USD. As far as I'm aware, there is no mention of what the conversion is in-game (correct me if I'm wrong). What I did not know was that it would permanently take it away from my cubits balance upon which I would be forced to use the giftcard.

I asked around and staff told me that there is no way to convert my unused coupon back into cubits. Additionally, there is no way to increase the balance of a giftcard—only a way to make a new one.

My suggestion for cubits retrieval can go one of several ways:
  1. Set an expiration date for giftcards. Once the expiration date passes, the USD is converted back into cubits that go back into the player's cubits balance.
  2. Make an option when spending cubits to either
    a.) Make another giftcard with the amount of cubits specified, or
    b.) Choose to add onto the balance of an existing cubits giftcard
Additionally, there is no confirmation or warning message when doing /cubits spend. No warning is given that you won't be able to convert the cubits back once you do the command. It seems appropriate for a confirmation/warning system to be implemented.

Opinions welcome! :)

Ratings
The pop-up in the game, similar to the discord, used to say "1 cubit is equal to $1.00 USD". I was a little shocked to see that it no longer says that, but it definitely should be put back into it. I don't see why this would be necessary. I understand where you're coming from and, I probably would've made the same mistake. I'm sure if you had anything more than 5 cubits, you should talk to Dacon about getting them back, but anything less than that isn't really a big deal. You can download an auto-page refresher. Multiple staff members have recommended it so I don't think they're against it haha. In case you are curious though, I think it was Cos, said that the auto-page refresher is not bannable. Google makes one that you can download easily. I set mine to 2 minutes. Anyways, I feel like this request would leave room for mishap as some people may figure out a way to trick the system or something. I think confirmation of the /cubits spend command should most definitely be implemented as well as the "1 cubit is equal to $1.00 USD" pop-up, but I think the concept of retrieving cubits is unnecessary. I've talked to staff about random mishaps for long enough to know that they probably feel the same way. However, I'm open to hear from you if you disagree. <3

Nate4creeper

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Nate4creeper
Nate4creeper
MVP+
Ratings
40 12
I like both of those ideas. (you need 100 cubits to make a dollar I'm pretty sure)

UnrefinedStyle

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
90 6
I don't quite see how this is impactful at all considering that a giftcard is both reusable and usable by multiple people, so if you wanted to gift someone something, just give them the giftcard code, or log into buycraft with their username and buy them something. I mean it's a nice idea and all, but it's just feature bloat from my point of view. I don't see any actual benefits coming with it, please do enlighten me if there's something I'm missing though.

KayeKat

MVP
KayeKat
KayeKat
MVP
Ratings
I don't quite see how this is impactful at all considering that a giftcard is both reusable and usable by multiple people, so if you wanted to gift someone something, just give them the giftcard code, or log into buycraft with their username and buy them something. I mean it's a nice idea and all, but it's just feature bloat from my point of view. I don't see any actual benefits coming with it, please do enlighten me if there's something I'm missing though.
@UnrefinedStyle I assume you mean "reusable" as in you can put the same gift card in multiple times if you don't happen to spend the whole balance in one go. Correct me if I interpreted your statement wrong. My suggestion is not concerned with gifting, but rather being able to convert your own giftcard back into cubits in case you either accidentally converted them (without knowing you wouldn't be able to convert back like I did), or in case you decide not to spend the cubits after all.

Another example: A player saves up their cubits for something on the store and does /cubits spend, which effectively permanently converts the cubits into USD. By mistake, the player did not save up enough for the item they wanted to buy (perhaps because they made a typo or because sale percentage decreased). As I have been told by staff, there is no way to increase a balance on a giftcard that already exists—the only option is to make a new one. However, this would not prove to be useful because (also information given to me by staff) you can only apply one giftcard upon checkout. Thus, this player has a giftcard that they can't use and has no way of getting the cubits back.

The two methods I suggested would be able to remedy situations like these. As for the confirmation/warning message, it would provide more security when spending cubits, sort of like two-factor authentication. Relating to the example above, if a player made a typo when putting in the amount for /cubits spend, a confirmation message would be able to repeat to them the balance they put, where they could then fix their typo. And given that /cubits spend is a permanent transfer (for now, unless this suggestion gets accepted), it only seems fair that a warning is given about it.

Hopefully that clarified a few things!