Ashley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
3 4
Me he visto obligado a escribir este mensaje para el Staff que me rechazó el mapa Forgotten porque he vuelto a corroborar la mala organización que tiene el Staff de este servidor.
Para empezar, el Staff que me rechazó el mapa me dijo que la construcción carecía de un mínimo de complejidad que, SEGÚN SU CRITERIO, debía ser mejorado. He de hacer una cesura en este punto y defender que mi construcción estaba mejor hecha que algunos de los mapas que puedes ver por el servidor o por los forums. Continuando, me dijo que el parkour era demasiado complicado, a pesar del sistema tan claro y sencillo que había construido para saber dónde estaba un bloque invisible. También me dijo que el parkour se volvía repetitivo a medida que avanzabas. He de parar aquí un momento y reírme de Ashley porque parece que ella es la única de todo Minecraft capaz de hacer que los bloques invisibles cambien sus propiedades para poder hacer un parkour con una variedad de bloques INEXISTENTE en otros mapas del servidor que consisten sólo en escaleras de mano, vallas y saltos de cuatro bloques al final para que cuando vayas a terminar el parkour, ese salto te fastidie todo el trabajo en vano.
Voy a ir al grano y voy a saltarme algunos insultos, que deberían ir destinados a este servidor, para reducir la extensión del texto. De lo que realmente me quejo es de la aceptación de mapas sin criterio alguno o de la aceptación de mapas de Well-Known Members, sólo por el hecho de tener ese rango, porque hay mapas que no se merecen estar expuestos para ser jugados cuando no cumplen un requisito —o varios— o cuando hay mapas, como el mío, que tienen una mejor construcción y calidad y que divierten y entretienen más.
Mi hermano pequeño, a quien le pedí que lo probara para conocer la verdadera dificultad de mi parkour, lo consiguió completar sin problema alguno lo que me permite decir que las palabras de Ashley no son más que una excusa para criticar destructivamente mi mapa y priorizar otros mapas de Well-Known Members contaminados de favoritismo.
Un cordial saludo.
La persona más cuerda del mundo.

Ambibug

Retired
ELITE
Ambibug
Ambibug
ELITE
Ratings
262 6
I think you need to calm down

barkd

MVP+
Ratings
52 5
well then

Dooble

Dedicated Member
QA Team
doobix
doobix
QA Team
Ratings
246 9
exsqueeze me no hablo spanglisho

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Given that I'm not spanish, I'm gonna answer you in English (Sorry I've used a traductor because my level in spanish is really mediocre)

I'm gonna make everything clear : Do not put the all the blame on Ashley, of course it's her who reject your map, because she is a map judger, but she was not alone when she judge your map : I was here, and I've given my opinion of your map, which is similar to her opinion.

Let's begin.

Firstly, you say that your map is better than most maps of the server : Yes it's true, but what a shame ! You are in the wrong period. Yes there is a lot of bad maps, I know it, because before, accepting maps was not so strict, given that the server was pretty young and didn't have a lot of maps. But now, accepting maps is now way more strict, because now we search maps which are original, pretty, and « fun ». Moreover, the theme have influenced the decision, there is a lot of « castle » maps, which mean more there is maps with the same theme, more it's strict. I think if there is any maps who represent a castle, I think the build would have less negative points. (In what I don't like in your build, is there is almost only stones bricks on your castle (Why not putting with stones bricks, some other stones blocks, or other type of stones bricks, or more wood ?) and the inside was a bit empty too.).

Secondly, yes the parkour is too hard for an easy ; I like your idea with those invisible blocks, but there is some flaw : 1, we do not see invisible blocks hitbox in survival, which mean that even if we know more or less where is the block with wool/clay on the roof, his spot is still approximate, especially because of difference of height, and because we absolutly don't know where is the block exactly. 2, your clay/wool system is not infinite, which mean you need to renew it. But the problem is at some spot, there were twice the same block, making the parkour more confusing. I would like to see your idea in a harder map, with using it less on it.

Thridly, for the repetitive part, we more talk about the fact your parkour is not varied, there is only invisible blocks, we would like to see some other thing, like ices, fences, ladders...
I'm gonna be honest, I've not really understand the part when you quote Ashley, « Only her can change the property of invisible blocks » (Maybe the traduction was bad ?)

Fourthly for the part about « 4 blocks jumps, ladders and obstacle » : Do what you want ! If you don't want to put 4 blocks jumps, do not ! Do not forget that is an easy, so just enjoy putting easy jumps without obstacle, as long as your parkour no become too easy.

Fifthly : « Accepting maps without requirements and by well-knowed people » : Extremely fake, I know that I'm not the best to say this because I've a lot of accepted maps, but me too I get some rejected one, but I've not give up or cry foul, I've just followed what tips people give me. There is a lot of people who are not specifically famous which gets accepted maps, and if famous people get some accepted maps, it's not because they are famous, but because they are experimented, or they gets some tips by some people, whose experimented people (Also I think accepting maps because the man is famous is not allowed).
For requirements, there is any strict requirements (Without counting the size of your map or the number of jumps). I'm gonna give you some tips : A original theme (Mostly never used), a detailed build (But not too much) with different blocks if possible, a parkour integrated to the build preferably, varied, clear, and not repetitive.

Sixtly for your brother, I'm gonna give you some questions : Did he already play Minecraft before or never ? Did he really follow the instructions that you give, without trying to found an invisible block by another way ? (Knowing that you can't see invisible blocks hitbox in survival.)

I hope I've helped you.

Last edited:
Ratings
3 4
Given that I'm not spanish, I'm gonna answer you in English (Sorry I've used a traductor because my level in spanish is really mediocre)

I'm gonna make everything clear : Do not put the all the blame on Ashley, of course it's her who reject your map, because she is a map judger, but she was not alone when she judge your map : I was here, and I've given my opinion of your map, which is similar to her opinion.

Let's begin.

Firstly, you say that your map is better than most maps of the server : Yes it's true, but what a shame ! You are in the wrong period. Yes there is a lot of bad maps, I know it, because before, accepting maps was not so strict, given that the server was pretty young and didn't have a lot of maps. But now, accepting maps is now way more strict, because now we search maps which are original, pretty, and « fun ». Moreover, the theme have influenced the decision, there is a lot of « castle » maps, which mean more there is maps with the same theme, more it's strict. I think if there is any maps who represent a castle, I think the build would have less negative points. (In what I don't like in your build, is there is almost only stones bricks on your castle (Why not putting with stones bricks, some other stones blocks, or other type of stones bricks, or more wood ?) and the inside was a bit empty too.).

Secondly, yes the parkour is too hard for an easy ; I like your idea with those invisible blocks, but there is some flaw : 1, we do not see invisible blocks hitbox in survival, which mean that even if we know more or less where is the block with wool/clay on the roof, his spot is still approximate, especially because of difference of height, and because we absolutly don't know where is the block exactly. 2, your clay/wool system is not infinite, which mean you need to renew it. But the problem is at some spot, there were twice the same block, making the parkour more confusing. I would like to see your idea in a harder map, with using it less on it.

Thridly, for the repetitive part, we more talk about the fact your parkour is not varied, there is only invisible blocks, we would like to see some other thing, like ices, fences, ladders...
I'm gonna be honest, I've not really understand the part when you quote Ashley, « Only her can change the property of invisible blocks » (Maybe the traduction was bad ?)

Fourthly for the part about « 4 blocks jumps, ladders and obstacle » : Do what you want ! If you don't want to put 4 blocks jumps, do not ! Do not forget that is an easy, so just enjoy putting easy jumps without obstacle, as long as your parkour no become too easy.

Fifthly : « Accepting maps without requirements and by well-knowed people » : Extremely fake, I know that I'm not the best to say this because I've a lot of accepted maps, but me too I get some rejected one, but I've not give up or cry foul, I've just followed what tips people give me. There is a lot of people who are not specifically famous which gets accepted maps, and if famous people get some accepted maps, it's not because they are famous, but because they are experimented, or they gets some tips by some people, whose experimented people (Also I think accepting maps because the man is famous is not allowed).
For requirements, there is any strict requirements (Without counting the size of your map or the number of jumps). I'm gonna give you some tips : A original theme (Mostly never used), a detailed build (But not too much) with different blocks if possible, a parkour integrated to the build preferably, varied, clear, and not repetitive.

Sixtly for your brother, I'm gonna give you some questions : Did he already play Minecraft before or never ? Did he really follow the instructions that you give, without trying to found an invisible block by another way ? (Knowing that you can't see invisible blocks hitbox in survival.)

I hope I've helped you.
Estoy de acuerdo con algunos puntos de tu respuesta pero hay otros con los que no. Voy a enumerar una lista cuyos números coinciden con los tuyos para evitar confusiones:
Primero, no entiendo por qué no elimináis esos mapas que no se merecen su situación y los cambiáis por otros que os parezcan mediocres —como es mi caso— consiguiendo, así, un cambio regular de mapas que mejoraría el servidor.
Segundo, sé que la altura no está reflejada en el sistema que construí por problemas de espacio. Aún así, si saltas con la suficiente precisión, es decir, pensando que para realizar el siguiente salto es necesario hacer un salto de cuatro bloques, es posible pasarlo sin problemas. En el momento que la secuencia se repetía y daba lugar a confusión me tomé la molestia de colocar carteles indicando el camino. No tendría que salir perjudicado si vosotros no lo habéis sabido interpretar.
Tercero, sólo pensé en hacer un mapa con bloques invisibles evitando los bloques típicos que se pueden encontrar en TODOS los mapas del servidor, creando, así, un parkour ameno pero a la vez con una cierta dificultad.
Cuarto, si no pongo saltos de cuatro bloques vais a rechazarme el parkour por tener una dificultad tan escasa.
Quinto, podéis entrar en la submission de un Well-Known Member donde también dejé un regalito hablando de este tema.
Sexto, no pienso responder a esas preguntas.
Para finalizar he de decir que parece que yo soy la persona loca debido a algunos comentarios, a los dislikes que tengo, a los likes que posees por tener un rango superior al mío y al poco atrevimiento que tienen las personas en general de oponerse a una figura superior a la suya por miedo a salir penalizados.
Éste es el último comentario que hago aquí —aunque si lo creo necesario cuelgo otro post destructivo—.

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Estoy de acuerdo con algunos puntos de tu respuesta pero hay otros con los que no. Voy a enumerar una lista cuyos números coinciden con los tuyos para evitar confusiones:
Primero, no entiendo por qué no elimináis esos mapas que no se merecen su situación y los cambiáis por otros que os parezcan mediocres —como es mi caso— consiguiendo, así, un cambio regular de mapas que mejoraría el servidor.
Segundo, sé que la altura no está reflejada en el sistema que construí por problemas de espacio. Aún así, si saltas con la suficiente precisión, es decir, pensando que para realizar el siguiente salto es necesario hacer un salto de cuatro bloques, es posible pasarlo sin problemas. En el momento que la secuencia se repetía y daba lugar a confusión me tomé la molestia de colocar carteles indicando el camino. No tendría que salir perjudicado si vosotros no lo habéis sabido interpretar.
Tercero, sólo pensé en hacer un mapa con bloques invisibles evitando los bloques típicos que se pueden encontrar en TODOS los mapas del servidor, creando, así, un parkour ameno pero a la vez con una cierta dificultad.
Cuarto, si no pongo saltos de cuatro bloques vais a rechazarme el parkour por tener una dificultad tan escasa.
Quinto, podéis entrar en la submission de un Well-Known Member donde también dejé un regalito hablando de este tema.
Sexto, no pienso responder a esas preguntas.
Para finalizar he de decir que parece que yo soy la persona loca debido a algunos comentarios, a los dislikes que tengo, a los likes que posees por tener un rango superior al mío y al poco atrevimiento que tienen las personas en general de oponerse a una figura superior a la suya por miedo a salir penalizados.
Éste es el último comentario que hago aquí —aunque si lo creo necesario cuelgo otro post destructivo—.
I understand your opinion, but I'm still in disagreement in most of your points.

1 : Think up you've built one of those bad accepted maps some years ago, they says « Yeah, I like your map, it's a pretty cool one, the jumps are fun » and they accepts it. Now move some years forward (Today for example) and we say « Hum so after all, we are gonna removed your map, because it's a disgusting one », are you gonna be enjoy ? I think not. Moreover there is some hours of works on some maps, and I will totally dislike if one day somebody say « We accept your map » and some years later, « After all, we renew parkour, we remove your map », a lot of hours of building who disapper without valable reason, it hurts.
About « Renovate some old maps », I've already tried and my map have been rejected for a relevant reason : « If we change the build and the parkour of a map, is it still the same map ? » ; even as buffing or nerfing a parkour can sadden the builder (I pick for example Wizolo with EiffelTower, which map judgers ask us to nerf the map, I can't said how he was annoyed), I can't imagine if all the map is changed, just add it like a different map than the original.

2 : I've already said this before, but your map is supposed to be easy, so even a beginner in parkour without too much difficulty and without thinking where he need to go. Personally, your is not that hard, it's just annoying to watch the roof 36 times, but we need to put ourself in beginner's shoes. I've seen those signs, but I think it's still a bit confusing

3 : For me, it's a good initiative to pick unused blocks, I support you to continue this, but invisibles blocks are maybe the worst choice, given this make your parkour more confusing and contrary to what you say, it's not enjoyable and easy (I can said that watching the roof nonstop is not enjoyable) A little proof that invisibles blocks are not really good in an easy map : You see VivaPiñata, the last easy ? There was an invisible block in the map (with a sign and a redstone on it), it have been replace with a red stained glass.

4 : False, just check all my accepted easy maps, none have a 4 blocks jump on it (Otherwise, RoyalFlush is one of the hardest easy, but it didn't have a 4 blocks jump in it.).

5 : You say in the « Polantras » thread that well-known players get there maps accepted fastly than other people, again fake ! Maps are mostly judge by the oldest first, and not to much complicate, and not because the map is famous. Some examples : Go check in the accepted maps « EiffelTower » and check how many time the map get accepted, another example with a medium map , who is normally not long right ? Go check « TemShop » now, your map get judged faster. Last example, go check « TheGamer », only one day for being accepted and the man is not well-knowned. Anyway, if your map took some times for being judged, it's not because we choose famous people first, just you are not lucky, or we didn't really want to judge your map now, or maybe because there is some more urgent maps to judge.

To answer to your conclusion, I like the fact you give your opinion, this permit to see differents opinions and then enable the amelioration of the server. You are not a mad man, you just have a different opinion, and you are not the only one to have this opinion. I think those dislikes that you get are not because of your opinion, otherwise those dislikes would been « disagrees » and not dislikes : you get dislikes because you went against someone (Ashley), which I totally dislike, it's also one of the main reason why I answer your thread, why you get so many dislikes and why I get so many likes, it's because I've defended her.

(Of course this remain my opinion).

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
So you are salty that your map did not get accepted, even though your little brother liked it. I hate to break it to you, but that is no reason to attack someone that volunteers her time to assist the community and spends countless hours judging maps.

Maps are not judged based on who builds them. They are judged based on quality, theme, variety of jumps, etc. . You were given feedback. You can take that feedback and make improvements to your maps or you can continue on the path you are on. It’s your choice. But there is no reason to make personal attacks against staff.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
So you are salty that your map did not get accepted, even though your little brother liked it. I hate to break it to you, but that is no reason to attack someone that volunteers her time to assist the community and spends countless hours judging maps.

Maps are not judged based on who builds them. They are judged based on quality, theme, variety of jumps, etc. . You were given feedback. You can take that feedback and make improvements to your maps or you can continue on the path you are on. It’s your choice. But there is no reason to make personal attacks against staff.
cant you just ban this guy from the forums because hes so salty in game.

Dark88

Dedicated Member
Ratings
29 18
Wow calm down

Appledestroyer

Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
dark nice signature also heavenvshell has a four block jump and the mm is less thean one blockf

Status
Not open for further replies.