I was banned for "theft"

Why... WHY! This is a survival server... Stop protecting little kids by banning people for "stealing". THIS IS VANILLA MINECRAFT! So please, don't make stealing a crime (in the server, not real life).

This is quite a common rule on survival servers unfortunately. There tends to be a bigger percentage of people that don't want stealing to be aloud when compared to the ones that do so unfortunately I don't think this is going to change. At the end of the day a rule is a rule just got to follow it.

horsebossmaster

MVP
Ratings
107 7
If it's in a claimed territory, its probably someones and you should get permission to use/borrow it. If it's in the wilderness then go for it.

Archon

MVP+
archonists
archonists
MVP+
Ratings
73 1
Griefing unclaimed territory is allowed, since it's the player's fault for not claiming their land.

However, stealing, raiding, or griefing a claimed area is not allowed. This is peaceful survival. If you want to grief and raid people, go play factions. People don't want to deal with having to be stingy with who they're adding to their party because theft is allowed. They don't want to have to wonder, "Is this person going to break my stuff," because they want to play with more than just themselves. It's common sense really. Either go play Factions, or go play Anarchy if you want to grief. 99% of Survival servers that are large don't allow griefing.

You can view the network rules here. Scroll down to the Survival section.

Cheers.

Selfoccate

VIP+
VIP+
Selfoccate
Selfoccate
VIP+
Ratings
149 13
Hi, I can understand it's annoying but it's also annoying for other players, them losing their stuff because you've stolen it. However, if you feel you were unfairly banned, go here to appeal. Thanks :)

Good luck!