Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakonixal

Dedicated Member
Mapper
Ratings
38 11
Please read the full thing before you reply

I made a map called Morgana and Prodigae helped make some parts symmetrical. However, he didn't help make any jumps or design anything towards the map. (For example, she shape of the head or the eyes.) In the end, I didn't give him credit in the forum post submission because he barely helped me, and just made it symmetrical which took less than 10 minutes. However, it was recently decided that since I didn't give him a small amount of credit on the post, that he should get a +1 map towards Mapper rank, which is ridiculous but okay. The part that I'm mad about is the fact that my map that I made over 90% of (as I designed it all, filled most of it in and made every single jump) now says that he made all of it. I usually don't put any signs saying who made the map on my maps, but now my map says that he made it, and I didn't. If you want proof, you can go to my 3rd plot and fly across, /plot home animaljam71:3 or just go into the accepted posts and see I submitted it. You can also see that it is my build style through my other maps.

Here is proof that I have no credit on my map. https://prnt.sc/jhg73m

Am I not allowed to have the choice of whether or not I want to have a list of names of who made the map on the map or not? My credit is no where on this map because I didn't want signs. Staff who did this completely ignored the fact that I didn't put my credit there either and just blindly thought, "He didn't give credit to him on the map, so we need to put his name on it so he gets the credit." Basically what I'm saying is I chose not to have a list of who made the map on my own map, so if my name isn't on my own map, why should his be? If this is even a real rule (which it is not, because I have many maps added that I don't have my name on) then why did they only add his name and not mine. What I've been told is that "If I gave him credit on the forum post as a helper, he would not get a +1 map for your map, and we would not add his name to the map, but since you didn't give him credit as a small helper on the forum post, he gets this stuff" but even if I did give him credit on the map post, it would be pointless since he would not get anything for it. Also please keep in mind that this map is small, so him claiming that he helped make it all symmetrical is pointless, as that takes no time because of how small the build was.

If we are going to by these rules, I helped build all jumps on clownfish, so I should get my head on clownfish and a +1 map for helping just build like 20 jumps on clownfish which took 10 minutes. Literally the stupidest rule I ever heard which isn't even a rule. If I wanted my head on there for building the jumps, sure that would make since but only because the map creator's head is on there as well. However, credit towards anyone including my wasn't on my build, so why should he get a sign and a +1 map?

Last edited:

taylorisbasic

Ratings
42 3
-insert staff's name- is being extremely biased and it's bad that they put Prodigae as "builder" instead of "helper", but worse that they didn't even put your name on there since you made most of the map and came up with the idea. Either both of you should get credit, or neither of you should. You clearly didn't want anyone's name on the build because it would look out of place, and therefore, they shouldn't have put his name on it. I hope they understand this and decide to take they're name off, as they are overreacting about not being given credit.

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
@Drakonixal

You intentionally removed a player from receiving credit for the map on the forums, per the below. Your only explanation given at the time was that you "hated" the other player. When giving credit towards MAPPER rank, we look at the physical map for credit for the builders, and we look to the forums threads. Since you omitted him from the thread, for an extremely biased reason, he was added to the map.

If you would like to give him credit on the forums, the sign can be removed on the map. Feel free to contact me on Discord (Purpz#3177) when you have given credit on the forums and I can remove the sign from the map.

animaljam.png

Have a grand day!

taylorisbasic

Ratings
42 3
@Drakonixal

You intentionally removed a player from receiving credit for the map on the forums, per the below. Your only explanation given at the time was that you "hated" the other player. When giving credit towards MAPPER rank, we look at the physical map for credit for the builders, and we look to the forums threads. Since you omitted him from the thread, for an extremely biased reason, he was added to the map.

If you would like to give him credit on the forums, the sign can be removed on the map. Feel free to contact me on Discord (Purpz#3177) when you have given credit on the forums and I can remove the sign from the map.

View attachment 9716

Have a grand day!
I agree that it was rude of them to remove Proidgae's name from the forum submission, but it was also wrong for said staff member to put the sign on the plot, as they put Prodigae as "builder" instead of helper, and didn't even put the original creator's name on there. The sign was taken off yesterday so it is fine now, but thank you for attempting to help. Have a great day!

Dark88

Dedicated Member
Ratings
29 18
@Drakonixal

View attachment 9716

Have a grand day!
I 100% agree

Drakonixal

Dedicated Member
Mapper
Ratings
38 11
@Drakonixal

View attachment 9716

Have a grand day!
I explained in the post why I really removed him, just because I said it is because "I hate him" in a screenie doesn't mean that it's a true explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.