Rebirth Ideas

Reflective

MVP+
Reflective
Reflective
MVP+
Ratings
I've been playing Olympus for a while now and I'm really enjoying it. Although it can be repetitive (like all Prison servers), I like the idea of the rebirths as it gives you something to do besides just mining to earn money in order to prestige.

There are currently 13 rebirth challenges, and after completing all 13 you can then further rebirth/ascend for large amounts of money. This can become mundane for players whose main focus is on ranking up as you don't have challenges to work towards anymore and each ascension just requires more money each time. I know no new rebirths are likely to be added in this season as players who have already completed the current rebirth challenges, but I have come up with ideas for some new rebirths that could help keep players interested for longer, so perhaps they could be implemented in the next season if the premise stays the same.

:mc_e_3:​

Hypnos' Challenge
God of Sleep

Requirements:
- Craft 20 beds
- Play a music disc
- $25,000,000

Reward:
- Nightvision Perk
- Music Discs (Blocks, Chirp, Far, Mall, Mellohi, Stal, Strad, Wait)

Notes
I struggled to come up with an idea for this one. Initially, all I could think of relating to sleep was beds, however sleeping in a bed wasn't an option since it is perpetually day on Olympus. I decided that playing a music disc would be a good requirement for two reasons, (a) people sometimes listen to music to help them sleep and (b) it helps with one of the achievements that need to be completed for the Zeus rebirth. I've included the nightvision perk as a reward as I feel it is more fitting for Hypnos rather than Artemis. If Hypnos' challenge was given nightvision as a reward, perhaps the ability to rename pets could be given as a reward for Artemis' challenge.

Nike's Challenge
Goddess of Victory

Requirements:
- Win 25 scramblers
- $25,000,000

Reward:
- 1x Legendary Key
- 3x Ancient Keys

Notes
My initial thoughts for "victory" were PvP related, but there are already 2 rebirth challenges relating to PvP (Ares & Athena). After thinking for a while, the only thing I could think of was winning scramblers. It's a small victory, but a victory nonetheless. A drawback with this is that it depends mainly on your typing speed, and some people aren't very fast typers. There are also those people who are very competitive when it comes to scramblers, so other people may not have much of a chance to win. With everything considered, I think 25 is a reasonable number. For those who try to win most scramblers, it may be one of the first rebirths they complete. For those who don't really try to win them or aren't the fastest typers, it may be one that they struggle with and complete near the end of their rebirthing journey.

Nemesis' Challenge
Goddess of Revenge

Requirements:
- Harvest 50 poisonous potatoes
- $25,000,000

Reward:
- Nemesis' Sword
oo- Sharpness IV
oo- Unbreaking III
oo- Viper I
oo- Rage III

Notes
Who doesn't immediately think of poisonous potatoes when they think of revenge? I really like the requirement for this challenge - if you want to get revenge on someone, what better way to do so than poison their food? I made it 50 potatoes since there's a 2% chance of getting a poisonous potato when harvesting fully grown potato plants. The other harvesting challenges (Demeter & Dionysus) require 2,500 wheat and melon respectively, and 2% of 2,500 is 50.

Iris' Challenge
Goddess of the Rainbow

Requirements:
- Sacrifice one of each dye relating to the colours of the rainbow
oo- 1x Rose Red
oo- 1x Orange Dye
oo- 1x Dandelion Yellow
oo- 1x Cactus Green
oo- 1x Lapis Lazuli
oo- 1x Purple Dye
oo- 1x Pink Dye
- $25,000,000

Reward:
- [Rainbow] Title
- Rainbow Aura

Notes
The requirements for this one were the easiest to come up with. It's possible to get all of the required dye with the current Olympus setup, so it shouldn't be a difficult challenge to complete. The rainbow aura isn't something that currently exists, and if it's not possible to add then the title on it's own would be fine. For the title, I was thinking of formatting it as "&f[&c&lR&6&la&e&li&a&ln&b&lb&5&lo&d&lw&f]", which looks like this in-game.

Hecate's Challenge
Goddess of Magic

Requirements:
- Brew 500 potions
- $25,000,000

Reward:
- Magic Aura
- Jump Perk (/jump)
or Teleport Stick

Notes
For this one, the requirements were easy to think of but the rewards were not. The requirement of brewing potions may also help with the achievement in which you need to drink 100 potions (I believe). As for the rewards, there is no magic aura as of yet and I don't know if it would be possible to add one. The /jump command teleports you in the direction you are looking in and I thought of teleporting when I thought of magic. The teleport stick also isn't something that exists currently, however my idea was that it would be a stick (or blaze rod) that fires an enderpearl in the direction you're looking in, effectively giving you infinite enderpearls. This may conflict with the acheivement in which you need to use 10 enderpearls, which could be seen as a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. If these rewards aren't plausible, an alternative could be a kit with brewing items/potion ingredients.

Tyche's Challenge
Goddess of Good Luck

Requirements:
- Play the lottery 10 times (if you win, this challenge is considered completed)
- $25,000,000

Reward:
- 5x 100% Angel Dust

Notes
This was also one I struggled with, but I really like the requirement I came up with in the end. The lottery is a game of luck, and thus winning it would mean you had good luck. Tyche would approve of your good luck if you won the lottery, and would therefore let you complete her challenge without having to play the lottery 10 times.

:mc_e_3:​

If you managed to read all that, well done and thank you for taking the time to do so. As I mentioned previously, I don't expect these to be added during the current season. Even if they're not added at all, it was fun thinking of the different rewards and challenges that could relate to different Greek gods. If anyone has any opinions on my ideas, please let me know!

iSatOnApenguin

Dedicated Member
MVP+
iSatOnApenguin
iSatOnApenguin
MVP+
Ratings
Hey Reflective (SORRY GOT YOUR NAME WRONG :CCCC),
To be honest I think all of the ideas are great but I beleieve Nike’s challenge sbould be made a bit more difficult maybe 50 or 75 scrambler wins because the rewards from the challenge are quite good though as you stated some people have trouble when it comes to typing fast. But otherwise I think the reset of the ideas are fantastic!

Last edited:

Reflective

MVP+
Reflective
Reflective
MVP+
Ratings
Hey Selfocate,
To be honest I think all of the ideas are great but I beleieve Nike’s challenge sbould be made a bit more difficult maybe 50 or 75 scrambler wins because the rewards from the challenge are quite good though as you stated some people have trouble when it comes to typing fast. But otherwise I think the reset of the ideas are fantastic!
Yeah that's true, the rewards are quite good compared to the requirements. If it was to be implemented, either the number of scrambler wins would need to be increased or the rewards would need to nerfed to make it more balanced. Thanks for the feedback!

P.S. I'm Reflective, not Selfocate :c

Ambibug

Retired
ELITE
Ambibug
Ambibug
ELITE
Ratings
262 6
I love most of these ideas, but not too fond of the scrambler one as a lot of people would never complete it with the fast Typers on the server :p my other thought would be the lottery, I would say you have to enter it more like 50 times instead of ten but then you don’t need the win, as realistically some players will never win and id like to think Olympus can be completed if you grind the game hard enough. Other than that I absolutely love the ideas :D

Reflective

MVP+
Reflective
Reflective
MVP+
Ratings
I love most of these ideas, but not too fond of the scrambler one as a lot of people would never complete it with the fast Typers on the server :p
That's true, but it's all I could come up with relating to victory :oops: If I think of any alternatives, I'll be sure to bring them up for discussion.
my other thought would be the lottery, I would say you have to enter it more like 50 times instead of ten but then you don’t need the win, as realistically some players will never win and id like to think Olympus can be completed if you grind the game hard enough.
I based this one on my personal experience as I completed all of the challenges in about 10 days and did the lottery once a day, but I realise that not everyone will no-life Olympus like I did :p Some alternatives/alterations to this challenge could be to play the lottery more (I'd say 25-50 times) and/or, since Tyche is also the Goddess of Fortune, sacrifice a gold pickaxe, axe and shovel each with fortune 3 (gold to avoid complications with the player's main diamond pickaxe, and also the fact that gold is related to luck).

Ambibug

Retired
ELITE
Ambibug
Ambibug
ELITE
Ratings
262 6
since Tyche is also the Goddess of Fortune, sacrifice a gold pickaxe, axe and shovel each with fortune 3 (gold to avoid complications with the player's main diamond pickaxe, and also the fact that gold is related to luck).
Yes i like that idea a lot more :D

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
Wow those ideas are so creative! I might start playing Olympus soon so I hope to see these coming c:

Araghana

Ratings
21 2
Very interesting.They seem pretty good for the most part. And I understand how some would get bored of just mining for more and more money,though to me I don't have that issue since I love mining to begin with. Maybe we will see some of these in the next round.

peachay

Dedicated Member
Ratings
105 9
I really like these ideas, I feel that there are not enough rebirths on Olympus, and these will be a great addition to the server. But however, I do think the Tyche's Challenge may be a little hard, but sometimes a challenge makes things more fun! :)

Eternal_Fires

MVP
Eternal_Fires
Eternal_Fires
MVP
Ratings
31 2
I like them all except the "Nike's" challenge. Shouldn't be keys IMO as those challenges you out, are easy to do.

Twixxy

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
LimitedTwix
LimitedTwix
Patron+
Ratings
105 4
sorry but some of your requirements are a bit.. ehm too easy. example: rainbow: sacrifice all dyes i think its just too easy, nemesis's challange: harvest poisonous potatos, its not an easy one but its not really related to it, maybe should be a new feature in pvp to get revenge to the last person who killed you, seen thats more appropriate to this challenge. Altough the rest seems like a good idea. but like i saw in another post, only the owner chooses the rebirths, this might give him inspiration but still, my support is neutral.