Do staff just not respond?

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
https://gyazo.com/6546e7ed499175216eaee75a1f33e8b9

My threads were always private since I put them in player reports and only staff see them, so shouldn't I have gotten a response? From at least the first one, it has 7 views on it, which means 7 staff members saw it and didn't say anything? Regardless of the players reported were banned or something, even if they weren't staff should've responded with something like ,"the player was banned." or "not enough evidence". So if a staff member could you know, like confirm if they were ban, or check the videos themselves, tell me if it wasn't enough proof, you know, have staff engage with it's players. I could've reported more people but honestly for not getting a response from either thread I'm assuming staff don't care or something.

skijwolker

Ratings
48 9
Pointing out how long it takes for a player report to get a response, should be pretty quick but I guess for this server it's not. I made it public because there was no point to only have staff see it.
staff cannot ammidiatly reply whether its accepted, rejected or still being reviewed. there still needs to be done some research first and agreements have to be made. we cant all have it your way

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
staff cannot ammidiatly reply whether its accepted, rejected or still being reviewed. there still needs to be done some research first and agreements have to be made. we cant all have it your way
Research into what? I posted a video for evidence in both threads. If they have time to look at the thread, they have time to watch a 1 minute long video, and are able to respond. "and agreements have to be made" what do you mean by that?

skijwolker

Ratings
48 9
Research into what? I posted a video for evidence in both threads. If they have time to look at the thread, they have time to watch a 1 minute long video, and are able to respond. "and agreements have to be made" what do you mean by that?
agreements between the staff whether the video is valid or not.
and again, we cant all have it your way. let them do their work and be patient,

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
agreements between the staff whether the video is valid or not.
and again, we cant all have it your way. let them do their work and be patient,
If the staff seriously need to have a discussion on every single video, then they probably aren't good at finding hackers since, the videos were obvious unless you're a dumbass, and that is a complete waste of time, if they ban someone who is legit, then they appeal, and if they are found innocent then they lose a day or 2 of playing on the server, if they were really guilty then their appeal will be rejected. If anything it makes the player who reported them look kind of bad, but no one would really care. And again if they had time to look at the video of the player hacking and decide they were guilty, then they have time to respond saying "Banned" takes like 5 seconds out of their day. Players should know if their reports actually do something and get a response.

skijwolker

Ratings
48 9
If the staff seriously need to have a discussion on every single video, then they probably aren't good at finding hackers since, the videos were obvious unless you're a dumbass, and that is a complete waste of time, if they ban someone who is legit, then they appeal, and if they are found innocent then they lose a day or 2 of playing on the server, if they were really guilty then their appeal will be rejected. If anything it makes the player who reported them look kind of bad, but no one would really care. And again if they had time to look at the video of the player hacking and decide they were guilty, then they have time to respond saying "Banned" takes like 5 seconds out of their day. Players should know if their reports actually do something and get a response.
if you're so good at it i'd say make an app and become lead-mod.

Selfoccate

VIP+
VIP+
Selfoccate
Selfoccate
VIP+
Ratings
149 13
I understand what you are saying, however staff are very busy, if you wish to report a player the best place to report is in #help on the community discord or use /helpop as Dave said. We do try our best to deal with everything, also you say it has had 7 views, those views could be you viewing it 7 times. Thank you :)

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
Use /helpop in game or #help on discord to get the quickest responses
We do try our best to deal with everything, also you say it has had 7 views, those views could be you viewing it 7 times.
To Dave: This wasn't about being in game, its about the reports being fewed by staff and not getting a response. But talking about in game, helpop takes way too long anyway, and not everyone uses discord, the last time I spoke to a staff member on discord there were 2 or 3 hackers in kitpvp at the time but she couldn't do anything because she wasn't home and on her phone. Discord is basically just a chance of finding staff, and an even smaller chance of it being kit staff. It's just not that convenient sometimes.

To Selfoccate: They weren't, unless me going off my computer and coming back to it hours later and seeing 4 new views from last time I checked can be me, which I doubt. Same for the report with 3 views, I only had it opened when I first posted it, so even if 1 view is because of me, that means 2 staff members still looked at it, and I still got no response.

Aloro

Forum Master
ELITE
aloro
aloro
ELITE
Ratings
529 26
To Selfoccate: They weren't, unless me going off my computer and coming back to it hours later and seeing 4 new views from last time I checked can be me, which I doubt. Same for the report with 3 views, I only had it opened when I first posted it, so even if 1 view is because of me, that means 2 staff members still looked at it, and I still got no response.
Some of the staff members that have looked at it may not be able to deal with it.. such as me. I have read the thread so that counts as a view however I am not staff on that specific server, only parkour and creative. So I am not allowed to ban on that server unless it is chat related such as advertising. So like you said, yes they may have been staff views but no ones that really 'count'.

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
Some of the staff members that have looked at it may not be able to deal with it.. such as me. I have read the thread so that counts as a view however I am not staff on that specific server, only parkour and creative. So I am not allowed to ban on that server unless it is chat related such as advertising. So like you said, yes they may have been staff views but no ones that really 'count'.
Thank you for responding.
I would imagine you passed it on to a kit staff member? Least I would hope so. If you did passed it on you could've at least said it was waiting to be viewed by a kit staff member, or something. IMO I think the idea of having staff for specific servers is kind of a bad idea. It make sense for, say someone on creative not being staff for kitpvp, since they are 2 very different things, but I feel like someone who's staff on survival should also be staff for Kit, just spreads the amount staff can help.

Napkinz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Napkinz
Napkinz
ELITE
Ratings
114 1
If you would like to see if players have infractions, check here.

This is a very common opinion - not only on Manacube but on almost nearly every Minecraft server. Yes, staff members should be as quick and efficient as possible. If a staff member is not willing to do their job, why are they here? From what I have gathered, kitpvp is one of the "weak" points of Manacube. It doesn't seem to get much focus - however I can't say that for sure as I'm not a staff member. There are always two sides of a situation and although you make valid points I do believe that there are possibly a few valid points from a staff member perspective. Having weak points as a staff team or server is 110% okay. There are too many opinions in this world and community in order to please everyone or focus on everything. However, issues should not be ignored and the majority of players should be happy with the content provided.

While making a complaint, it is best to give what your personal solution as to what you believe staff members should do. Otherwise, it's hard for them to help improve themselves. The following is what I gather would make you a wee bit happier with Mana:
  1. You would like to know specifically what is happening with your reports.
  2. You would like staff members to be a bit clearer / quicker to responding to reports. (What do you think could help with this? How could they be more efficient? Promoting new staff?)
  3. If you feel the current staff members are trash (and I'm not saying they are) then who are some players on Kitpvp that you personally think could fit the position and help the Kitpvp community? Have you tried speaking to them about if they would apply for staff or not? Do they meet the requirements? For all we know, players on Kitpvp could have amazing potential to become a staff member but need that extra push of confidence in order to aim for it and apply.
I hope you found this somewhat helpful and I hope that I didn't offend anyone by my opinions. I am not pushing blame onto anyone in this thread. ^_^

skijwolker

Ratings
48 9
If you would like to see if players have infractions, check here.

This is a very common opinion - not only on Manacube but on almost nearly every Minecraft server. Yes, staff members should be as quick and efficient as possible. If a staff member is not willing to do their job, why are they here? From what I have gathered, kitpvp is one of the "weak" points of Manacube. It doesn't seem to get much focus - however I can't say that for sure as I'm not a staff member. There are always two sides of a situation and although you make valid points I do believe that there are possibly a few valid points from a staff member perspective. Having weak points as a staff team or server is 110% okay. There are too many opinions in this world and community in order to please everyone or focus on everything. However, issues should not be ignored and the majority of players should be happy with the content provided.

While making a complaint, it is best to give what your personal solution as to what you believe staff members should do. Otherwise, it's hard for them to help improve themselves. The following is what I gather would make you a wee bit happier with Mana:
  2. You would like staff members to be a bit clearer / quicker to responding to reports. (What do you think could help with this? How could they be more efficient? Promoting )
  3. If you feel the current staff members are trash (and I'm not saying they are) then who are some players on Kitpvp that you personally think could fit the position and help the Kitpvp community? Have you tried speaking to them about if they would apply for staff or not? Do they meet the requirements? For all we know, players on Kitpvp could have amazing potential to become a staff member but need that extra push of confidence in order to aim for it and apply.
I hope you found this somewhat helpful and I hope that I didn't offend anyone by my opinions. I am not pushing blame onto anyone in this thread. ^_^
napkinz back at it again with outsmarting people :p

Wilbo

Dedicated Member
Ratings
87 9
https://gyazo.com/6546e7ed499175216eaee75a1f33e8b9

My threads were always private since I put them in player reports and only staff see them, so shouldn't I have gotten a response? From at least the first one, it has 7 views on it, which means 7 staff members saw it and didn't say anything? Regardless of the players reported were banned or something, even if they weren't staff should've responded with something like ,"the player was banned." or "not enough evidence". So if a staff member could you know, like confirm if they were ban, or check the videos themselves, tell me if it wasn't enough proof, you know, have staff engage with it's players. I could've reported more people but honestly for not getting a response from either thread I'm assuming staff don't care or something.
not all staff are kit staff which means they cant do anything about it

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
From what I have gathered, kitpvp is one of the "weak" points of Manacube.
  2. You would like staff members to be a bit clearer / quicker to responding to reports. (What do you think could help with this? How could they be more efficient? Promoting new staff?)
I wasn't complaining about kitpvp not having enough staff at first (I still didn't mean to come off as that when I responded to Self).
1. is correct pretty much.
2. The threads were viewed by staff, but I didn't get a response to any of them until I made this thread, which was my complaint, obviously there isn't a lot staff can do for this complaint, because in my opinion, its a small problem that only needs a simple "band-aid" on it, that being when a staff member views it, they respond, I made this argument when I responded to Selfoccate, even though he isn't kitpvp staff he did still view it. He could've said something along the lines of "I passed on this thread to kit staff so now we will wait for their response" or something.

I deleted the 3rd thing you said because I didn't have a response but I just thought of one, I do think there are some bad staff on this server (not going into detail) but I'm sure there are good staff, like "Amber" and "Ashley" (I think those were their names?) I did see them come on and ban 1 or 2 people each. And to "Amber" I asked her to look at my thread and she said she would but I still didn't get a response. Same to "Ashley" ( I think) except I don't know if she said she'll look at it but anyway, if staff have the time to look at the thread, and watch the video, and either punish the player or pass it on to someone who can, then why don't they have time to respond and tell the person what happened with the post?

Napkinz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Napkinz
Napkinz
ELITE
Ratings
114 1
I deleted the 3rd thing you said because I didn't have a response but I just thought of one, I do think there are some bad staff on this server (not going into detail) but I'm sure there are good staff, like "Amber" and "Ashley" (I think those were their names?) I did see them come on and ban 1 or 2 people each. And to "Amber" I asked her to look at my thread and she said she would but I still didn't get a response. Same to "Ashley" ( I think) except I don't know if she said she'll look at it but anyway, if staff have the time to look at the thread, and watch the video, and either punish the player or pass it on to someone who can, then why don't they have time to respond and tell the person what happened with the post?
So in your opinion, the best thing that could be done if a staff members see it but can't deal with it is letting you know something along the lines of: "Hey, I viewed your report and linked it to someone who can deal with it as I cannot. You should get a response soon but no promises." This ensures that yes, it was viewed and communication is happening however it's not promising an answer within a certain amount of time. That makes sure that a player is not disappointed but also updated.