1.9 Thoughts - Redux

techkid6

Donator
Ratings
Hello Again!

I posted a little bit ago about my thoughts on the 1.9 update, and now that it has been released, I'd love to elaborate on them, so here we go.

Elytra have a durability of 431, so you could make a ten-second Elytra by giving it the durability of 421, etc. I assume we could time how long it takes to go from island to island and make the Elytra last about that long. Maybe these could go hand in hand with enderpearls, with a legendary Enderdragon kit to match. The kit would include the Elytra (of a nerfed durability), a few fire charges, and maybe something else fun?

I'm not a map designer, but maybe some new maps might be in order to take advantage of all the combat features and new stuff? I don't think I've even seen many maps take advantage of 1.8 stuff (aside from barriers).

Also, Spectator mode could potentially get an update to use the gamemode 3 stuff, but I don't do much dev work anymore so who knows. (Though after looking at the plugin on GitHub it shouldn't be too insane I don't think)

Any thoughts, particularly by the type of people who would implement these changes?

JustConor

Donator
Ratings
11 1
I know this is a bit late but in my opinion I dont really like 1.9 just because of the hit delays and boring PvP but that's up the server staff to decide on not me. I like your point its just that most servers out there have 1.9 on them so why doesn't this one stick to 1.8 and stand out when it comes to someone looking for a 1.8 sky wars server.

techkid6

Donator
Ratings
Being out of date is not a novelty by any means. It simply holds back progress. I don't like the new combat mech either, but if it is going to stay, SW will need to evolve as a game a little. That said, a lot of people rely more on ranged attacks than on melee-style gameplay, so those people really don't care much I bet.

techkid6

Donator
Ratings
I'm not saying that is impossible, I don't really know yet as I haven't personally tried it. I was more giving my two cents. "Getting rid of the hit delay" might be a server-side thing that can be changed, I think that would be up to how Spigot handles it as well as whatever happens with whomever maintains SWR.