1 alt Chunk Growth

JustZee

MVP+
JustZee
JustZee
MVP+
Ratings
14 1
Skyblockers I just want to warn you to not make huge cactus farms, because you will now need multiple alts to afk them with the new Season 8 update.

How to build new cactus farms in Season 8!

1. Make sure you build the cactus farm using chunks. You can see chunks when pressing f3 and G and the same time.

2. Focus on length then width having a tall cactus farm will keep your cactus farm from getting out of the chunk

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
Hopefully, this feature will be removed, or at least buffed. A chunk is very very tiny and not really even either. So you'll have to smush your farm into the chunk to make it grow. I hope, in the future, that Dakota extends this to be at least 5-8 chunks further. Especially granted it's still the beginning of the season and people need the extra help, now more than ever.

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
I personally don't play Skyblock, but when I heard it being mentioned in a voice call that alts only cover 1 chunk I'm just like wait, what? The reality is the players with the biggest farms are going to have enough alts to afk the whole farm either way. The only things the one chunk cap really does would be inconvenience players trying to afk large farms and prevent real players from joining (with too many alts already on). While by no means does it make sense that one alt could afk a massive farm, I don't think the opposite (where are alt can only AFK one chunk) is equally ridiculous. Having this cap really only increases the gap between the really big players and the small ones as the alts of bigger players will constantly be on while unranked, newer players are discouraged as they may not be able to join at all. I don't think the cap makes sense, and it should definitely be increased from 1 chunk.

skisam

skisam
skisam
Ratings
This happens to all/majority sky block servers. It really sucks. I’m not sure if there’s a fix to this since it might be a Minecraft issue with chunks, but I don’t know. Hopefully there’s a solution to this.

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
As has been pointed out several times, this is an intentional update. Hopefully, Dacon will realize his error and increase the size so farms can be bigger. At the moment, its unfair for it to be so small, and also discourages players from what they need to join the server - Space.

Dadcon

Forum Expert
Ratings
133 49
Skyblockers I just want to warn you to not make huge cactus farms, because you will now need multiple alts to afk them with the new Season 8 update.

1. Make sure you build the cactus farm using chunks. You can see chunks when pressing f3 and G and the same time.

2. Focus on length then width having a tall cactus farm will keep your cactus farm from getting out of the chunk
Yes this issue has been brought up by multiple people, but Dacon did purposefully do it, The issue is, all this does is make players add more alts to their farms to afk, lowering the chances of new players joining and being able to play. If you do want to have a chance of reaching dacon i suggest you upvote this https://suggestions.manacube.com/suggestions/47566/fix-chunk-growth-radius

Fewuser

Naughtality
Naughtality
Ratings
3 1

I agree so much with this. As I am having a very hard time starting up. It becomes a hassle to make sure all of your cactuses work correctly. And arnt taking age's.

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
I agree so much with this. As I am having a very hard time starting up. It becomes a hassle to make sure all of your cactuses work correctly. And arnt taking age's.
since there has been an increase in how many chunks away you can afk (2.5-3), cactus farms can increase now. I just hope you arent a dummy like me and use glass for walls with worldedit being broken.