A Breakdown on Phishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
71 6
Hello Minevast community and I felt like writing another helpful thread about Phishing. I will go and explain what it is and how to prevent yourself from it.

What is Phishing?:
According to Urban Dictionary this is the definition for Phishing, tricking an internet user into giving you his/her login name and password.

How do you get tricked into this?:
You can get tricked into multiple ways, such as "Congratulations you won!" pop up, a program to get you unbanned on a Minecraft server, a free Optifine cape, a force op program and etc. If you are new to the internet you may have fallen for these tricks before.

Help! I have been tricked by one of these!:
Okay, if you have entered your personal infomation to a dodgy website, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD! This will prevent the people who are trying to access your account. It is always safe to add a 2 factor to your account.

How do I prevent myself from this?:
As technology as been getting more advanced sometimes they are hard to avoid but here are a few ways to not get tricked.

• Avoid the Congratulations you won! pop ups.
  • Avoid downloading any programs that you are unsure of.
  • NEVER go on any websites that you are unsure of
This has been Michael writing another thread, and always... stay amazing see ya guys.

Superburrito_132

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
Nice guide! Looking forward to more of these :D

Superburrito_132

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
Trying to stay creative.
Maybe make a "How to rank up fast on Parkour" or how to get good at <insert gamemode here> guide! I would love that!

Status
Not open for further replies.