A Guide to Plots on Olympus

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
With new players joining daily, I've noticed the same questions come up about plots, and I'd like to create a thread to possibly explain them in deeper detail than the Minecraft chat allows. I don't mind answering any questions that players have, and generally it's easy to explain, however I'd like to make this guide to answer any further questions, or incase anyone forgets a command (I forget commands all the time, so I know that struggle). The different information will be divided into sections with titles/headers for easier navigation through the thread.

Also, as a heads up I'll be using "IGN" a lot, so to clarify; IGN = In Game Name (for example, my in-game name would be Hallowqueen).

What are the purpose(s) for making plots on Olympus?
Typically, plots on Olympus are used for making Cacti farms/Pig grinders (Click here for a tutorial on making Grinders), As well as other ways to make money such as sugar cane farms, wheat farms, melon farms and cocoa bean farms, however the two best ways are probably cacti farms and pig grinders. This isn't the only use for plots however, you can also make pretty houses or mini-games for you and your friends to play if you're fed up with mining! (Just remember to keep the builds PG and follow the server rules).

How do I get a plot?
To get a plot you have to be at the [Farmer] rank (third rank in the list). A common question people ask is "do I have to run around the plot world to find an unclaimed plot?" the short answer to this is no, of course not. Simply do /p auto and you'll be teleported to an unclaimed plot, and it'll automatically claim it for you. Plots are free, and cannot be sold/bought as it is a bypass of /pay (selling/buying plots has been disabled anyway, but this is the explanation as to why that is).

How do I visit my plot / my friends plot?
To visit your own plot if you have already claimed one, do /p h, if you are a donator and have multiple claimed plots, do /p h 1-6 (depending on the amount you have claimed).

To visit your friends plot, do /p h <IGN>, and similarly if they are a donor and have multiple plots, type /p h 1-6 (depending how many they have claimed)

Is my plot safe? / Can others build on my plot?
Yes! Your plot is completely safe, as players can't build/destroy anything on your plot unless you give them permission to do so. If you do add a player to your plot and they grief it or steal from it, do not hesitate to report it to a member of staff - Theft / Grief is bannable, and will be dealt with accordingly, we will do our best to return any items that were stolen/destroyed, but we cannot always guarantee it.

Can I allow players to build on my plot?
You can allow players to build on your plot when you're online/offline. If you wish to add a player to your plot so they can build while you are ONLINE, do /p add <IGN>. If you wish to add a player to your plot so they can build while you're OFFLINE do /p trust <IGN> (I still get the two confused, but hopefully this is correct, haha) - While we are strict with the no griefing/stealing rule, we encourage you to only add and trust people who you do actually TRUST and who you know or are friends with.

To remove a player who is added/trusted on your plot, simply do /p remove <IGN>, they will still be on the plot, but will no longer be able to break/place blocks or use chests, etc.

If someone is irritating me on my plot, can I remove them?
If a player is annoying you on your plot, or is refusing to leave after you have asked them, you can either report it to a member of staff (depending on the severity of the harassment) or you can do one of two commands to instantly get them off your plot. To temporarily remove them, you can do /p kick <IGN>, which will send the player to spawn if they are standing on your plot. To remove them permanently do /p deny <IGN>, similarly they will be kicked to spawn, but if they teleport back to your plot, they will not be able to enter it.

Can I claim more plots / Get a larger plot?
To claim more plots, you have to have a donator rank (aka; VIP, VIP+, MVP and MVP+) VIP can claim 2 plots, VIP+ can claim 3 plots, MVP can claim 4 plots, and MVP+ can claim 6 plots. Donators can merge plots by standing on one they have claimed, and looking at another plot they have claimed (the two plots have to be beside each other) and typing /p merge then /p confirm. Non-donators can also merge plots with friends, by doing the exact same thing, except the other person will have to confirm the merge.

If a neighbouring plot is causing me to lag, can I move my plot?
Staff typically don't want to move plots unless there is a real issue, so for now the short answer to this is no as it's only a temporary solution to the problem, and we cannot continue moving plots due to beacons being placed. However, if for example a neighbour has a beacon with jump boost and is causing you to lag / be unable to move on your own plot, it has recently been reported and has been suggested to reduce the radius that beacons affect in plots (for example, it'll only affect the plot it is placed in). If you do believe you have a real plot issue and want it to be moved, create a support ticket here on the forums (click here to be directed to the support sub-forum).

Plot Flags
Plot flags are commands which add/remove certain things to a plot. For example, if a player enters your plot, you can add a greeting that will pop up in their chat when they walk into your plot, by doing /p flag set greeting <message> and if in that message you wish to include the players' name when they appear in your plot, do /p flag set greeting Hi %player% for example.

For clearing out a plot, if you're making a cacti farm for example, you can set a flag to instantly break the blocks with one hit; /p flag set instabreak true and to turn it off, do /p flag set instabreak false. There are lots of commands and plot flags, if possible I can create another thread dedicated to just the flags for plots.

Donor Perks in Plots!
Donators have perks in plots, depending on which donator rank you are. The below list of perks are SPECIFICALLY for plots, if you wish to see a full list of all of the perks for the donor ranks on each server, click HERE to be directed to the store.

VIP perks: 2 plots, /p merge, colour codes and formatting on signs and 3 set homes.
VIP+ perks: 3 plots, /p merge, colour codes and formatting on signs and 5 set homes (inherits VIP perks)
MVP perks: 4 plots, /p merge, colour codes and formatting on signs, 7 set homes, /p set border [ID] (inherits VIP+ and VIP perks)
MVP+ perks: 6 plots, /p merge, colour codes and formatting on signs, 10 set homes, /p set border [ID], /plot music {inherits MVP, VIP+ and VIP perks)

(For an ID list for /p set border, click here).

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
"Will my plot reset when I rebirth?" - No, your plot will remain intact. Rebirths/Ascensions only reset your money, and put you back to either Farmer or Slave.

"Do I need to run around plot world to find a plot?" - As stated above, nope! You simply have to do /p auto or /p a to be teleported to an unclaimed plot.

"Does it cost money to claim a plot? - Plots on Olympus are completely free, however if planning on making a farm, you need money for /shop.

"How do I make money from a plot?" - You make a farm/grinder and sell either the crops or the pork in /shop.

"Can I add my friends to my plot?" - Yes! Simply add or trust them with either /p add <IGN> or /p trust <IGN>.

Hopefully this is helpful to at least one person! If I've missed anything, or messed up anywhere (as I tend to do ...) feel free to comment any other questions/concerns or DM me on either discord or here on the forums! If I've made any mistakes, feel free to let me know and I will correct them when I can. If someone else has already made a thread for this, or something similar, please also DM me with a link to it so I can tag you and give you the credit you deserve! So far, I've not seen any other threads for this topic, but I may have overlooked it.

If there's any issues with the hyperlinks also, let me know I've tried my best to copy to correct links, so hopefully I've not goofed up too much.

Last edited: