956 435
its called a joke

OneOfTheStars

MVP+
Nihilxstic
Nihilxstic
MVP+
Ratings
Reading this I've realized macros are kind of a grey area, let me clear this up. A macro is simply a key bind or a control. Macros are everywhere in game, check settings all your controls / key binds. A macro that is linked to fly, autojumpers/autowalkers, ect or hacked clients is not okay. There is a common misconception that it is a horrible thing. It's really not a bad offense as long as it doesn't give you an in game advantage. Having chat macros with bad intent such as spam is not okay. If you have a macro for like a command like in kitpvp a lot of people have macros for /kit because it just makes it easier. There are macros to turn off armor HUDS or to turn off scoreboards or chats. It is really all depending on what it is used for.

Heres a list of mods I have and why: Labymod, 5zig, translator, more particles, better sprint, fps fix, memory fix, optifine, damage indicator, optifine, screen2imgur. I use many of the mods I have to allow me an easier staffing experience. Such as screen2imgur so I'm not scrolling in screenshots for hours, notifications in laby/5zig (I get a DING when a key word is said, or my IGN), translator, etc. I actually recommend this for fellow staff as well, it's been quite helpful. Other people may use it just because it helps them in some way, mods are really all for improvement. It's all for good use.

Labymod and 5Zig can have chat key binds / macros, Many people use it as I mentioned before for /kit. It isn't malicious or anything, it's meant to make it easier. Though I feel labymod and 5zig are a use at your own risk mod, if you accidentally hit a key while doing something it can screw you up. Like I used to have a "hold on" for my up key, I used it while pvping if someone messaged me. I removed this because sometimes when trying to select a message from chat with up, it would send it. I eventually stopped using it because it became quite annoying accidentally sending it all the time. Same with having /kit, it just became obnoxious because I only have so many keys. Anywho controls/macros/key binds whatever you want to call it that are allowed / okay to use is all kind of a use at your own risk and depends on the user. Just don't abuse what is allowed/okay and ruin it for everyone else.

You can check the allowed mods thread: https://manacube.com/mods
Note: BETTER SPRINT MOD CONTAINS MACROS (enabling/disabling sprint and sneak)

I hope this was helpful and please follow rules with this.

Last edited:
Ratings
macros are an iffy area as nihilxstic wrote (in his long essay) if it gives an in game advantage sure. but if said action can be done with a second of work, say typing /kit. i would think they are perfectly fine.

Minedilplays

Ratings
For my survival world, I use macros such as numpad 1, 2, and 3, for the different gamemodes. If I were to accidentally press one of these on the server, would it send an alert that I'm trying to access those commands?

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
not that i know of.