Reviewing AlaskanFire - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by AlaskanFire, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlaskanFire

AlaskanFire Active Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Your Minecraft username
    spacemangreg81

What server are you applying for

Parkour

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Riley

Country or Timezone
    USA EST (-4:00 UTC)

Discord username AlaskanFire#5128

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
    I have always been enjoying Manacube since I joined. This server was always unique, especially the Parkour server which I have always enjoyed. I really have taken a liking so much, that I want to help out with the server to the best of my ability and extent that I can possibly do. I also want to be apart of the staff team because I just want to help make the community of Manacube a better place. I have witnessed a lot of players who have said a lot of uncomfortable things online, and I just want to fix that. My final reason on why I want to become staff on Manacube is because I want to make a difference to the server. By that, I mean I want to do something authentically diverse, that will be beneficial towards the server. My main goal as for be becoming a future potential staff member on Mana is to strengthen to community.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I have played for 155+ hours on the parkour server, and have spent some time on Olympus as well. I joined back in March, but made my forums account in April.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    Since it is summer time for me, this allows me to dediate 3-4 hours per day. This of course varies with how much I have going on in a day.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    The skills that I have that will benefit the server are patience, kindness, and being honest. I will go into each of these skills below:

To have patience is a benefit towards the server because it doesn't make the player on the server upset. Having patience to me, means being understanding towards the player, and in return, you helping out the player no matter what it takes. Patience is a skill that I feel that will help the server because it makes situations on the server, less tense (if I am ever involved).

To be kind is another big skill that I feel that will help the server because it makes a big difference to treat the players on the server how you would like to be treated; the golden rule. Kindness not only makes me feel good, but it also makes the player feel valued and happy. A staff member should always be kind towards the players, and I possess that skill/ability.

Honesty is the final skill that I feel that I have to help the server. A staff member should never lie, and that helps the server, because lies cause even more trouble and the truth comes out. It is always better to be honest and tell the truth that way. I don't lie because not only does it make the other people feel hurt, but it also makes me feel guilty. Telling the truth and being honest also makes you seem of a more reputable person all in all.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    Some of the servers that I have helped out are listed below:

Wellandel RPG server:
    On this server, I was a Helper/storyline writer. As my job as a Helper on the server, I answered the players' questions and contributed to the ideas to help the server flourish. As for the storywriter/RPG role, I concentrated more on the quests part. Being a "writer" really forced me to use correct grammar in-game, and expanded my vocabulary/creativity thinking skills.

Tumblecraft:
    I was also a Helper on that server. I parted the server because the owner was not the most committed and this lead to some staff abusing their powers. Because of this incidence, this strengthened my moderating skills by taking in-charge of what was happening and being more aware of the server circumstances.

Volunteering at My Local Hospital:
    I currently am volunteering at my local hospital for school volunteer purposes. This has taught me to act kind, and always be polite around others. I currently volunteer at the gift shop, so that also plays an important role in me trying to greet the customers. This affects me playing the game because I try to say "hi" or "hello" in chat, and I try my best to be the kind. Volunteering at my hospital also has taught me and given me the experience to stay committed.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    I am mature: I feel that I am mature enough, to handle the staffing position that I am applying for. I feel that age doesn't define how mature you are. Only your peers can define how mature you are by how you act. A lot of people get violent when they receive hate in-game, but I keep calm in-chat even if I am provoked. Being mature is a big characteristic in order to be a successful helper, and I feel like I possess that attribute.

I am understanding: I am understanding in-game because of my ability to relate to one another, and give the help that they need in order to succeed on Parkour. Besides in-game, even in IRL I have helped of people with their troubles by giving them advice, and most of all being understanding of what they are going through. Being impatient and not understanding would just cause the player distress.

I am committed: My parents have always told me, "Once you commit to something, never back out." I have then, stuck by their saying and even if I don't feel like doing what I have committed to, I always push through. In-game, I am committed in the same way to help the people on the server to the best of my ability. I am also committed in the same sense to finish a course, or staying up late at night to finish studying. Lastly, I am committed to this server.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    I believe that the role of a staff member is to look after the players on the server and ensure that they have a good experience so that they will continue to play on the server. They make sure that there are no bad people that could verbally hurt someone on the server. They liven up chat, and make sure everything is in control. Staff members are someone you can talk to if you are having issues, and can also be very understanding since they are trusted. Staff members also fix resolve issues that players have in a very patient mindset. They are someone whom you can look up to you if you are in need of assistance. A staff members' duty is to lastly, make the server a more trusted/happy place.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes, I have Windows recording that I use sometimes. I also have OBS Studio, in-case something goes wrong with the Window's recording.

Anything else we should know?
    I messed up entering my birthday when I was registering my account on accident. It says:
    02-23-02, but my real birth-year is 02-23-03. It was a silly mistake, and I messed up with the two's and the three's since there are so many of them. Apologies!

I am somewhat fluent in Spanish. By that, I mean I have the basic foundations for the ability to speak Spanish, because I am already learning in school.

I will definitely try my best to be as active as possible, if I am chosen as a fellow staff member.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  2. CooperGamingTV

CooperGamingTV New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great application! I have lots of hope for you! Good luck! +1

3. WilboShakespeare

WilboShakespeare Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 8
    +1 i feel you have the right intent and you meet all the requirements gl!

4. JiggleJigglePop

MVP+ VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +185 / 50
    Detailed application! +1

5. AlaskanFire

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Thank you guys so much for the responses! <3

6. KrazyClay

KrazyClay Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 4
    Haven't seen more of a detailed application than yours, hope you get accepted! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AlaskanFire

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Thank you so much, means a lot!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. SunsetMagic

SunsetMagic Network Manager
    Manager MVP+ VIP+ VIP Helper Management QA Team

Ratings:
    +703 / 22
    SunsetMagic
    Hello Riley,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me on the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Sunset#3438], I am quicker to respond there.

Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.

The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
    Sunset

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.