Reviewing aleck - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by sweetener, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetener

sweetener Forum Master

Ratings:
    +199 / 10
    Your Minecraft username
    Ariola_Granola

What server are you applying for

Creative

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Aleck

Country or Timezone
    Puerto Rico, USA (AST)

Discord username aleck #8615

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
    I wish to become staff because I love playing here, and would love to help other players (not that I don't now). As said before, I have come to love this server and have made so many friends here. I wish to become staff because whenever I see #help, I want to do something about it, because I know staff aren't available all the time, but I want to be available as much as I can.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I have played since January of this year, so approximately 5 months.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    I can dedicate around 8 hours per weekend during the school year, and during summer I can dedicate around 7 hours almost every day.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    Patience:
    I am able to keep my cool during stressful situations, this meaning that I don't lash out at people when I'm in a bad mood or just stressed. I also understand that not everyone understands at the same pace, so whenever I'm helping them out with a command or something of the sorts I'll be with them every step of the way.

Bilingual:

I am fluent in both English and Spanish, which is very useful for players who only speak Spanish, or are more comfortable speaking Spanish. I can also understand a bit of Portuguese, but I keep a translator handy just in case.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    I have not have any experiences moderating ingame sadly, but I do have experience looking over small children, which might have some similarity, since after all a mod looks after the players.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    Maturity:
    Being mature is a very, very important skill and personality trait for every single person. A mature person respects and is respected, and understands when they are wrong in a situation. A mature person also knows when they are incapable of resolving something, or when they do not know something. I believe I fit the description given above.
    Maturity isn't something that is developed in a day, it takes time.

Communication:
    I am able to quickly ask for help when something's wrong and I don't know how to fix it, I'm quick to report when something's wrong, i.e. a bug or a player misbehaving. I believe this skill is very important for everyone to have, because we are a team and we should communicate everything with each other.

Dedication:
    I am dedicated towards my goals and striving to be a better person every day. Being dedicated is important in a person and a staff member because we can always learn something new everyday and we can always be a better version of ourselves. Being dedicated also means being devoted to the server and it's community, it also means that I won't change who I am just because I'm applying to be a helper.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    To me, the role of a staff member is someone who is there to keep the players safe, and help any player in need. A staff member should make other players their priority, and should set an example for them, after all, what good is a mod that can't behave? A staff member should also be serious when necessary, but that doesn't mean they can't be goofy and approachable, they should also not let past experiences with other players affect their behavior towards them. A staff member should be respectful and mature. That is what I believe a staff member is and should be.

Are you able to use recording software?
    I can use Lightshot, but I have trouble using screen recording software.

Anything else we should know?
    I know it's a short application but I'm not very good with words without repeating myself.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

• Like Like x 2
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Smxthie

MVP+ MVP VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +294 / 25
    Very detailed application, Very mature in game, One of the most active people on creative, Great with the people and an overall amazing guy, +1000

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  3. sweetener

sweetener Forum Master

Ratings:
    +199 / 10
    Thank you!!

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  4. Bean4455

Bean4455 Active Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 5
    One of the first good applications I've seen, I think you'd be a great staff member +1

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  5. _Bunstop_

_Bunstop_ Forum Master

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    The ratio of bad apps to good apps is 15:1 and this is the 1! Very detailed and you explain why you want staff without repeating yourself! Oh and take this nice little +1

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 2
  6. sweetener

sweetener Forum Master

Ratings:
    +199 / 10
    Thank you for the positive feedback! Really appreciated

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  7. Mvxine

Mvxine Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    You've got a really great application, and from what others are saying and from my first impressions of you you seem friendly and mature. +1

Good luck!

• Fabulous Fabulous x 2
  8. SleepyDiva

SleepyDiva Forum Master

Ratings:
    +97 / 5
    Hi there,
    This is an excellent application, you have put lots of detail and effort into this. You seem very mature and friendly, like stated above, and you are very active in game. I’m going to give this a +1 , I really can’t say anything negative about it.
    I hope to see you part of the staff team one day.
    Good luck! :)

• Fabulous Fabulous x 2
  9. sweetener

sweetener Forum Master

Ratings:
    +199 / 10
    thank you!! <3

• Like Like x 3
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  10. MoneyMiser

MoneyMiser Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 1
    +1 Fabulous Application. Its perfect! This has really impressed me and I think you would make a great asset to Mana. There is so much detail and you seem very kind and friendly! I really hope you make it! Good luck though! :)

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  11. sweetener

sweetener Forum Master

Ratings:
    +199 / 10
    Thank you <3

12. Lycqn

MVP Build Team

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    It's not often i'm on the forums and that I even consider commenting on applications but this is a pretty diggity dang good application :) Creative is definitely one of the servers on Manacube that are lacking in the Staff department, only one or two active staff and you're incredibly active so there's that. +1

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  13. HonigBiene

HonigBiene Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 3
    Hey, I like your application, and you seem to be very friendly and mature, but i cant give you a +1 because u dont get one thing, u didnt got 700 words, only around 650, i recommend for you, before these guys from the Manager team get ur application to get a closer look, u should just add around 50-60 more words. Then its perfect for me :D +0

14. JiggleJigglePop

MVP+ VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +146 / 34
    Nice application, although, you really should up your maturity a little. +1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. sweetener

sweetener Forum Master

Ratings:
    +199 / 10
    Thank you <3
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 2, 2018 ---
    I checked, and I have 719 words, thanks for the concern tho <3
    Thanks and will do! <3

16. HonigBiene

HonigBiene Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 3

I checked, and I have 719 words, thanks for the concern tho <3

Oh, sorry then its a +1 :D Wish u good luck with your application <3

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  17. mhms

mhms Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    +1 very active, overall nice person

• Fabulous Fabulous x 2
  18. sweetener

sweetener Forum Master

Ratings:
    +199 / 10
    <3

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  19. slayerbest1

slayerbest1 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    Hey! I believe this app is very good. I do not go onto Creative all that often, but when I do, I see you on, nearly everytime. You are always mature unless you are having fun, of course. I believe you'd make a very good staff member on Creative because you seem to know the job, and you know how to lead people from going into the wrong direction. +1 from me. I hope you get in!

• Fabulous Fabulous x 2
  20. sweetener

sweetener Forum Master

Ratings:
    +199 / 10
    Thanks <33333

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.