AlfieJay - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by AlfieJay, May 12, 2018.

1. AlfieJay

AlfieJay Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Your Minecraft username
    AlfieJay

What server are you applying for

Parkour

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Alfie

Country or Timezone
    Great Britain (GMT +00:00)

Discord username AlfieJay#7706

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
    Becuase I would like to be able to help players who need it when there aren't other staff on. This happens lots when I'm on early, because most staff come on during the American day, rather than British. I also dislike having to wait for a staff member of having to get them online when I could help the player myself if I had the power to. Lots of people don't trust me or ignore my warnings because I am not staff, despite having the ability to screenshot or record their actions, so being a staffmember would definitely help people know that they're talking to someone they can trust and someone wo knows what they're doing, rather than "some random person of the internet"

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    Around a month

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    Normally, 20-30 hours a week

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    I can speak conversational Spanish. I come on earlier than most American staff. I'm familiar with the rules and their guidelines, as well as parkour and the processes that happen with parkour (like map acceptances, voting...). I have experience as both staff and owner of servers. I have loads of knowledge, having played the game for 8 or 9 years. I do a lot of helping out with young children so I have a high tolerance level as well as the ability to listen to someone's side of the story beforee making an educated decision.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    Admin on a very popular server for 6 months. Mod on relatively quiet server for 4 months. Owner of server project that was online for 3 months and had 150 players most online at once.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    I have lots of experience as staff and as owner so I understand how to deal with situations in the appropriate manner, rather than just immediate punishment. I know loads about Minecraft so I can answer almost any question that gets thrown at me relating to the game in general. On top of that, I try to make myself as advailable as possible for anyone who might need my help

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    To answer player's questions, to warn and/or punish rule breakers, to help players whenever and if ever they might need help, to be open and friendly towards anyone who comes your way, to make yourself always an option to players who could need your help, it's also to report anything or anyone who might be breaking the rules or affecting other player's gameplay if unable to deal with the situation themself.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes, very well

Anything else we should know?
    I have been once muted for inappropriate chat, as a result of myself posting in the wrong chat, but I hope this won't affect your opinion of me, as I'm making sure that won't happen again. Other than that, not entirely. If you do have any questions about me, please ask in the comments and I'll try to answer ASAP

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  2. SantiagoJMK05

SantiagoJMK05 Active Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Ok. I have decided to give 0 because some of your paragraphs aren't detailed enough (3 attributes question). However, you are good at giving constructive feedback to others (Forums).
    Hope this helps,

Santiago

3. AlfieJay

AlfieJay Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Response: Thank you for valuable feedback. I have now changed that answer because after looking over it, it did look kind of simple. Thx :D

4. _Bunstop_

_Bunstop_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 4
    +1 I've seen you a lot on parkour and your application is good. Good luck

5. AlfieJay

AlfieJay Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thank you for positive review!

6. aleck

aleck Active Member